Should Animal Hunting Be Banned?

Hunting for food, or to thin an overpopulated species to protect it from suffering starvation/disease, or if necessary to stop destruction to property caused by them are acceptable reasons.

To hunt solely for hide or sport is wrong.
All hunting is for sport because it's never necessary because of grocery stores, but it's a lot like telling a cat it can't hunt because its food bowl is always full. Hunting is a primitive instinct and humans have been doing it for thousands of years.

Besides, I hear you do some hunting too, the kind that meets with even less approval in society.

You are mistaken & being ridiculous. And the law is the law, deal with it.
Sport hunting is also the law. Except the kind you do. Deal with it.

LOL.... I said that is was wrong. But I didn't say I'd change the law to make it illegal. Deal with THAT.

Animals have done nothing to deserve this. Think about the harmless animals that haven't been doing anything to people. They get killed for no reason. Some people just want a new fur coat, some need a head on their wall, and others just want to kill for fun. Rabbits, deer, dogs and other animals get killed for stupid things like skins and fur. This will cause extinction and a change needs to happen.
BTW, researches show that about 200 million animals are killed every year.

It looks like you've done a pretty good job mentioning some of the reasons why there are already many limitations in place to reduce the taking of wildlife, and for whatever reason. Including the need for food.

having said that, where we go from here is anybody's guess.

Hunting for food, or to thin an overpopulated species to protect it from suffering starvation/disease, or if necessary to stop destruction to property caused by them are acceptable reasons.

Why is it wrong to hunt for hides or sport if it is done as part of a conservation plan?

Actually I don't have a problem under those circumstances. I literally mean JUST for sport or hide with no other agenda except for ego or luxury. Elephants, rhino, lion, cheetah, or even smaller critters if they aren't having a negative impact on the environment or property imo, is wrong.

If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be.

You think they dont use cow hide?

Of course & it should be used. Cows aren't slaughtered just for their hide are they? They are used for food & milk first.

trophy hunting should end but hunting for food or to cull should be continued

Why is it wrong to hunt for hides or sport if it is done as part of a conservation plan?

Actually I don't have a problem under those circumstances. I literally mean JUST for sport or hide with no other agenda except for ego or luxury. Elephants, rhino, lion, cheetah, or even smaller critters if they aren't having a negative impact on the environment or property imo, is wrong.

If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be.

Or pig skin?

Are pigs raised soley for their hide? They are used for food first aren't they?

Animals have done nothing to deserve this. Think about the harmless animals that haven't been doing anything to people. They get killed for no reason. Some people just want a new fur coat, some need a head on their wall, and others just want to kill for fun. Rabbits, deer, dogs and other animals get killed for stupid things like skins and fur. This will cause extinction and a change needs to happen.

We should replace animal hunting with libtard hunting. No license required and open season year round....yeah, I could deal with that.
Their tie-dye shirts are an excellent aid for targeting.
Hey! I love tie die shirts, wear them all the time!

No, we have to go by something that is a more significant indicator.....like recording who the libtards are on message boards then tagging them with GPS transponder buried in their chests.
Or a free for all hunt at the Whole Foods Market.

Sounds mighty Christian!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Trophy hunting for endangered species has no place. But sport hunting serves many purposes. Deer populations can over run and damage agriculture as well as residential gardens and landscaping. Try driving in my part of the country on any evening from September to December and chances are you may file an insurance claim due to hitting a deer.

Water fowl present many of the same problems.

Hunting animals in a responsible manner is far more beneficial to the wild animal population than one might think.

Of course & it should be used. Cows aren't slaughtered just for their hide are they? They are used for food & milk first.

WTF?

Trophy hunting for endangered species has no place. But sport hunting serves many purposes. Deer populations can over run and damage agriculture as well as residential gardens and landscaping. Try driving in my part of the country on any evening from September to December and chances are you may file an insurance claim due to hitting a deer.

Water fowl present many of the same problems.

Hunting animals in a responsible manner is far more beneficial to the wild animal population than one might think.

I agree. However I don't consider that 'sport' hunting.

WTF?

Are cows slaughtered just for their hide? If a cow is slaughtered for food, or after it's usefulness as a milk cow, then every part that can be used after its death should be used. What don't you understand about that?

You do know that hunting is a sport, I suppose.

Hunting is an example of something I personally do not want to do, and do not understand the interest in doing.

But as long as we kill domesticated animals for food, fur, leather etc- I really don't see any logic behind the idea of banning hunting, or any moral high ground about banning hunting.

By the way- we don't allow the legal hunting of animals threatened with extinction any more.

You do know that hunting is a sport, I suppose.

Yes. My husband is a hunter. I equate 'sport' hunting with killing an animal just for the sake of killing & not for other reasons such as food, or for conservation reasons.

Forum List

Back