CDZ Should Americans be allowed to own military weapons used for mass murder and genocide?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, May 20, 2017.

1. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +589
    This is going to sound preachy, it is I suppose.

These issues are complex. My idea is the common theories on what is conservative and liberal are created by the two clubs who run the system. In Baseball the Yankees are not always evil and the Cardinals are not always good, these issues are more complicated. Our national enemies are often wrong and evil but all their points can not be ignored because of that. In country it gets even more muddled.

Also, learn from others not me or the radio talk show hosts. I am just not good with people. Radio talk show hosts are good at self promotion and selling commercials.

Use your words to build coalitions.

Use your words to build indecision in the other side, not motivate them. A "xyz" who only dislikes but does not hate your candidate is less likely to go stand in line and vote against you.

2. DonaldReagan

DonaldReagan Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    As in the general debate over gun control, guns don't kill people, people kill people

3. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,339
    The Georgians in particular wanted Cherokee land. Then when gold was discovered, it was time for a one-way trip across the Mississippi for the Cherokee and many other tribes.

4. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,829

Yep. The 1829 gold rush was a killer for the native Americans. That's for certain.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582
    If you qualify for a federal stamp and have the money, there isn't much you cannot own. Bottom line: Responsible people tend to act responsibly no matter what the laws, just as irresponsible people tend to still do irresponsible things no matter what the restrictions.

I should point out that people licensed to own such firepower are not out shooting up schools, nor are criminals out there committing crimes on the streets with these kinds of true military hardware, even though with a gun like these, you could probably kill a whole town and take anything you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,829

Yep. Mike Dillon owns a P-51 Mustang with full complement of six live .50 cal machineguns that he uses to make strafing runs in the desert. He could do a number on any small town he wanted to.

7. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,958
    I want to own a goddamn Machine gun and a tank!

That is how I protect my rights as a human being.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,829

Well matt I own machineguns and I owned a tank once upon a time. You're not stable enough to own either.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,540
    Who stole your tank?

10. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582

I meant to point out that after Pearl Harbor, what stopped the Japanese from invading our mainland was the generals telling the Emperor that if they invaded us, there would be a gun behind every rock and tree. It was a no-win scenario. Same thing holds true for any army invading us. Beyond the military, there is a standing militia of about 50 million private citizens armed with everything from an AR-15 up to the stuff in the video; they aren't out robbing convenience stores or blowing up kids at a concert, they are the unseen reserve ready to defend this country that the 2nd Amendment guarantees that keeps us free from all enemies foreign and domestic. Too bad the gun-control crowd never stops to consider the big picture; wherever you have liberty, you will always have some tiny number abuse it, but the answer is never to try to take that liberty away. If anything, the best solution is in much greater gun-awareness and training like we had 50 years ago!

• Agree Agree x 1