Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

Should the Jewish baker be forced to bake such a cake.

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Adolf Hitler denied his birthday cake - Telegraph

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

If they offer a custom cake baking/decorating service to the public, yes they would have to do the cake.

They might have a policy of not doing anything obscene, offensive, etc., but then it would be a matter of whether they could apply that policy to this case.

Okay. I'll simply go the first homosexual bakery I can find, and make them bake Christian themed cakes and confections. If they refuse, I'll do the exact same thing to them as these gays have done to Christian bakers. I'll take their hides to court. I'll have them ruined for daring to refuse service to me because I'm Christian.

All's fair in cake and war. And, I bet you can now see how absurd this whole "tolerance" thing liberals hold so dear is.

Last edited:
Hmm, but Doc, I think some of these gay folks are more intelligent than that. If the owner of that bakery says "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any more orders right now", whats to stop that gay couple from figuring out what he really wants? Why should he be forced to lie to cover his intentions?

No one has to lie, they just can't tell all the truth.

Isn't that still lying?

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

Thank you for proving why this isn't a gay / christian matter. It is a matter of common sense. Our laws are defined very clearly. Any business owner can refuse business to anyone they wish. At their discretion. This is precisely why it works. It works for the Jews, the Muslims, the Christians, the Hindus, the atheists, the gays, it works across the board and stays clear of the matter of discrimination completely.

An ordinary wedding cake order wouldn't bother me - for other Christians it would. To me I'm selling a cake not casting a vote for homosexual behavior. To the weaker conscience - maybe he feels he is participating in homosexuality so let him abstain. It is to the individual. The law protects everyone equally. Why we needed another law to enforce it is a mystery to me.

No one should be forced to go against their religion. Period. Who the hell would want someone who opposes them to bake something for them anyway? I sure wouldn't.

It's funny that the left constantly bashes Christians, yet give a free pass to others who cite religious freedom for not doing things.

Where in the bible does it say you can't bake a cake for gay people?

No one should be forced to go against their religion. Period. Who the hell would want someone who opposes them to bake something for them anyway? I sure wouldn't.

It's funny that the left constantly bashes Christians, yet give a free pass to others who cite religious freedom for not doing things.

Where in the bible does it say you can't bake a cake for gay people?

In fact I thought the whole judge not lest you be judged thing was in the bible.

Do they also deny cakes for anyone living together before getting married? Anyone who's had sex before marriage? If they were really that religious they wouldn't be making many cakes.

Do they also deny cakes for anyone living together before getting married? Anyone who's had sex before marriage? If they were really that religious they wouldn't be making many cakes.

If they didn't turn a blind eye to all kinds of sin in the bible they wouldn't be in business.

If they offer a custom cake baking/decorating service to the public, yes they would have to do the cake.

They might have a policy of not doing anything obscene, offensive, etc., but then it would be a matter of whether they could apply that policy to this case.

Okay. I'll simply go the first homosexual bakery I can find, and make them bake Christian themed cakes and confections. If they refuse, I'll do the exact same thing to them as these gays have done to Christian bakers. I'll take their hides to court. I'll have them ruined for daring to refuse service to me because I'm Christian.

All's fair in cake and war. And, I bet you can now see how absurd this whole "tolerance" thing liberals hold so dear is.

You do realize that protections for the religious are part of Federal Public Accommodation laws right?

So if someone goes into a Muslim bakery and wants to order a 'pork-pie' the Muslim has to make it?
Ya right.
I had a restaurant. If I didn't like the look/manner of a customer I told him to leave before being seated.
When I was asked why I told him that was my business and I decided who would and would not be served.
99.99% of the time they were obviously drunk. Who needs some drunk puking on my carpet or looking to fight some one?
The other times the reason was the way they were dressed.....or not.
Point is in a private business the owner has the legal right to refuse any one.

For the religious reason to stand I would think one would have to prove that he lives every aspect of his life in accord with the rules in the bible and denies service on an equal basis to all those who do not.

There are very few saints out in the business community. Or elsewhere. I dont think he has to prove any such thing. In fact the opposite.

"We have the right to refuse service to anyone".

I stand by that. When I had my two shops...I had that sign on the wall. But since I am known for my "flair", I added two words. Mine said "We have the right to refuse service to anyone. Tuff Patooties".

Nobody complained.

Yet if you said no to a gay couple for their wedding you could be sued and face fines?

My cousin in New York, who owns a kosher deli, told me it happens. They used to have ignorant Jew haters come in and regularly order pork based products and scream the place down when they said they don't serve it.

Some people like to try to humiliate other people because they don't like themselves!

Last edited:
Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...
...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross?

No...

But a religious Evangelical baker must bake a cake for a gay couple. Do you see some hypocrisy there?

There is the other extreme also. A Muslim baker could tell a Jew to go to hell and he won't serve any Jews in his establishment. So I see the other point also!

So if someone goes into a Muslim bakery and wants to order a 'pork-pie' the Muslim has to make it?
Ya right.
I had a restaurant. If I didn't like the look/manner of a customer I told him to leave before being seated.
When I was asked why I told him that was my business and I decided who would and would not be served.
99.99% of the time they were obviously drunk. Who needs some drunk puking on my carpet or looking to fight some one?

Drunk and puking, sex at times (bathrooms) and even age are different reasons than skin color,religion, or what someone else did, post hoc. Perhaps we have norms for discrimination and refused entry is part of our norms and they make sense to sensible people, and even our norms change.
Facilities labeled white and colored were norms at one time but then some decided they didn't make sense.

Hmm, but Doc, I think some of these gay folks are more intelligent than that. If the owner of that bakery says "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any more orders right now", whats to stop that gay couple from figuring out what he really wants? Why should he be forced to lie to cover his intentions?

Well, nothing. But if one is going to live in constant fear of litigation, they may as well shut down their business.
If it were me, the moment I got served, I would file for bankruptcy and reopen the business under another name.
"Sue me? Fuck you. The business you sued no longer exists. Asshole."...That would be my response.
Not a lie, Playing the game.
This and other cases such as this are a clear indication as to why this country so desperately needs a loser pays system in the civil courts.
It would slash these nonsense suits by 75%. Or more.

Maybe. Perhaps you should ask them.
What's your point?
Perhaps homosexuality is their tipping point.

Ya right.

That would be correct.
I bartended and was an assistant manager at this place for 5 years.
If some one walked in with "tude", I would not serve them. I would tell the waitstaff to do that same. if they got shitty, I'd tell them to leave.
It's pretty easy to ignore them especially if the bar is busy. Eventually they would walk off and hit the door.
It's either that or one of us would say "get the fuck out of my bar"...

I remember someone years ago who wanted to hire me and I declined the job because I had a very bad feeling about the person. He was not gay. My suspicions were confirmed when they continued to call asking for an appt. w/ me. They never got one.

I also worked at a car dealership once that I declined a client a test drive and sent one of the guys to drive him ( splitting commission ) - I was right about him. My co worker told me he complained the entire time about my refusing to go myself on the test drive. This really creeped him out and he said he was very glad I had not taken that drive because he didn't trust the guy.

There is always someone else to take a job / client if the person doesn't feel right about it. The right to decline business does not only cover all business owners & employees in America but it also covers the employee who decides not to go on a test drive or put themselves in harms way - it is a law that actually protects people. I would use it when I didn't feel safe and of course I would never make a cake of a burning cross. Ridiculous request imo.

Forum List

Back