Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

I would say that if the request was placed for Tah Tah cupcakes, that a Christian bakery would refuse it. If customers come in an order cake, they are going to get cake. It is the special requests that might be rejected due to the theme...

screw the baker, if the law passes it will encompass all sectors of the those in business. gays will be left outside hospitals to die....

Hmm, but Doc, I think some of these gay folks are more intelligent than that. If the owner of that bakery says "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any more orders right now", whats to stop that gay couple from figuring out what he really wants? Why should he be forced to lie to cover his intentions?

It's not a matter of "figuring it out". It's a matter of the law. If there's no evidence of discrimination, there's no discrimination. As the sign hanging behind the counter says, they can refuse service to anyone they want. It only violates the law if it's because of sexual orientation, race, or anything like that. No one has to lie, they just can't tell all the truth.

So you're saying the only way they can avoid committing a sin is to commit a sin? Wow, thanks for that.

It is absurd. It is a total disregard for private property, which is the bedrock of any successful society.

"We have the right to refuse service to anyone".

I stand by that. When I had my two shops...I had that sign on the wall. But since I am known for my "flair", I added two words. Mine said "We have the right to refuse service to anyone. Tuff Patooties".

Nobody complained.

Did you ever refuse service to anyone?

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

Should the Jewish baker be forced to bake such a cake.

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Adolf Hitler denied his birthday cake - Telegraph

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

Can't find the name Adolf Hitler in the Christian Bible. What book was he in again?

The Book of Conservatism.

Nutters are on the wrong side of this issue.

We have laws. These laws, created by man, ensure that businesses......who benefit from the stability that our laws provide.....cannot discriminate on the basis or race, gender, sexual orientation....etc,

Now...watch your former hero.....the disrespectful and intellectually challenged Jan Brewer....as she reads the writing on the wall and vetoes this asinine bill.

Nutters are on the wrong side of this issue.

We have laws. These laws, created by man, ensure that businesses......who benefit from the stability that our laws provide.....cannot discriminate on the basis or race, gender, sexual orientation....etc,

Now...watch your former hero.....the disrespectful and intellectually challenged Jan Brewer....as she reads the writing on the wall and vetoes this asinine bill.
You libs support abortion as a form of birth control. One day you will make slavery supporters seem less evil

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

I would say that if the request was placed for Tah Tah cupcakes, that a Christian bakery would refuse it. If customers come in an order cake, they are going to get cake. It is the special requests that might be rejected due to the theme...

screw the baker, if the law passes it will encompass all sectors of the those in business. gays will be left outside hospitals to die....

It's only Muslim hospitals that refuse to take others

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

Can't find the name Adolf Hitler in the Christian Bible. What book was he in again?

The Book of Conservatism.

Look at the question in post #6.

The answer is YES

Both times.

You're trying to be an asshole?

Asking the only question that matters.

The thread should have ended after my post. Nothing more to say.

Nazi is not a religion.

Like people who eat shrimp or practice Christmas with a pagan tree.

"Christians" just make things up that suit them and use the bible to justify their own fears and insecurities.

The Jihadists Manual. Mein Kampf.

If they offer a custom cake baking/decorating service to the public, yes they would have to do the cake.

They might have a policy of not doing anything obscene, offensive, etc., but then it would be a matter of whether they could apply that policy to this case.

For the religious reason to stand I would think one would have to prove that he lives every aspect of his life in accord with the rules in the bible and denies service on an equal basis to all those who do not.

Why are we making laws to enforce laws that are already on the books? This subject has become very confusing because it is focusing on refusing gays a christian baker for their wedding cake while ignoring the fact that the law covers ALL PEOPLE ( can be refused service at the owners discretion ) and not just gays. It isn't discrimination when a business owner can refuse ANY PERSON service.

This is America. There are Christian owned businesses that will bake the cake and Christian owned businesses that won't bake the cake. My question is why does the law need another law to enforce it when it is already on the books? Why is it suddenly becoming a law that focuses on Christians and gays? When did that happen?

Forum List

Back