Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...

This bakery didn't have any problems coming from refusing to make this cake.

Store Won't Make Cake For "Adolf Hitler" - CBS News

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

A store manager at ShopRite referred questions to a corporate spokeswoman who did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday. But spokeswoman Karen Meleta told The Easton Express-Times that the store considered Campbell's request inappropriate.

What's inappropriate about a child's birthday cake?

If they offer a custom cake baking/decorating service to the public, yes they would have to do the cake.

They might have a policy of not doing anything obscene, offensive, etc., but then it would be a matter of whether they could apply that policy to this case.

Okay. I'll simply go the first homosexual bakery I can find, and make them bake Christian themed cakes and confections. If they refuse, I'll do the exact same thing to them as these gays have done to Christian bakers. I'll take their hides to court. I'll have them ruined for daring to refuse service to me because I'm Christian.

All's fair in cake and war. And, I bet you can now see how absurd this whole "tolerance" thing liberals hold so dear is.

You do realize that protections for the religious are part of Federal Public Accommodation laws right?

Ok....Then the point of this is what?
If public accommodations laws apply to all, then why all the fuss?
I can guess....Perhaps it is because gay people are the latest addition to the family of liberal PC protected classes?
BTW, why is it homosexuals feel the need to advertise their sexuality?
Newsflash....Nobody cares who you sleep with.

Do they also deny cakes for anyone living together before getting married? Anyone who's had sex before marriage? If they were really that religious they wouldn't be making many cakes.

That isn't the issue. They aren't asking merely for a cake. Otherwise they could just buy a cake off the shelf. The issue is whether the baker has to participate in and attend the wedding.

If a nudist group asks for a baker to bake a cake for a nudist marriage does the baker have to attend the wedding in the nude?

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

Should the Jewish baker be forced to bake such a cake.

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Adolf Hitler denied his birthday cake - Telegraph

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

If they offer a custom cake baking/decorating service to the public, yes they would have to do the cake.

They might have a policy of not doing anything obscene, offensive, etc., but then it would be a matter of whether they could apply that policy to this case.

Okay. I'll simply go the first homosexual bakery I can find, and make them bake Christian themed cakes and confections. If they refuse, I'll do the exact same thing to them as these gays have done to Christian bakers. I'll take their hides to court. I'll have them ruined for daring to refuse service to me because I'm Christian.

All's fair in cake and war. And, I bet you can now see how absurd this whole "tolerance" thing liberals hold so dear is.

It's funny to see you put so much effort into trying to show that my principles change based on whose ox is being gored.

Keep trying.

Do they also deny cakes for anyone living together before getting married? Anyone who's had sex before marriage? If they were really that religious they wouldn't be making many cakes.

That isn't the issue. They aren't asking merely for a cake. Otherwise they could just buy a cake off the shelf. The issue is whether the baker has to participate in and attend the wedding.

If a nudist group asks for a baker to bake a cake for a nudist marriage does the baker have to attend the wedding in the nude?

I must confess I would never support compelling anyone to participate in anything that involved you and nudity.

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

Should the Jewish baker be forced to bake such a cake.

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Adolf Hitler denied his birthday cake - Telegraph

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

In America they probably are Christians. Try again.

1. Are you really claiming to speak for the "vast vast majority" of Christian bakers? What are you basing that claim on?
That is what I believe and if you disagree then go on and disagree

2. I'm Jewish, and I'm not aware of any tenet of my faith that demands I refuse to serve White Supremacists.
I am Jewish and it has nothing to do with religion tenets. You kind of dodged the questions with a strawman, but you couldn't see a Jew having an issue with baking such a cake?

3. Any business is able to refuse to serve any customer they want. They are just not allowed to openly do it for discriminatory reasons. Any Christian baker that doesn't want to bake a cake for a Gay Wedding can refuse to do so, they just aren't allowed to berate the customers with why they aren't doing it. There wouldn't be any lawsuits if the bakers just said "Sorry, we can't accept any more orders now", rather than "We won't cause you're gay".
Refusing to bake a cake because of who the person is (such as a KKK member) is not discriminatory? I think you need to look up what discrimination is!

This bakery didn't have any problems coming from refusing to make this cake.

Store Won't Make Cake For "Adolf Hitler" - CBS News

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

A store manager at ShopRite referred questions to a corporate spokeswoman who did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday. But spokeswoman Karen Meleta told The Easton Express-Times that the store considered Campbell's request inappropriate.

What's inappropriate about a child's birthday cake?
Same answer, bake the cake.

Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...
...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross?

No...

Yes, they should. Hatred, in any form, is not accepted.

Unless it's liberal hatred of conservatives or anyone hating on Christians, then it's AOK!

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

Nice twist of bullshit. They aren't denying gays services. A gay can shop at their bakery. What they are doing si denying a cake for a gay wedding which they object to! Big difference between the two!

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

Nice twist of bullshit. They aren't denying gays services. A gay can shop at their bakery. What they are doing si denying a cake for a gay wedding which they object to! Big difference between the two!
Not according to the state of Oregon.

Why do Christians oppose homosexual marriage? Because of their religion. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...". Establishing a religious definition of marriage into law as being between a man and a woman is therefore an establishment of religion.

Laws against gay marriage or "protecting traditional marriage" are therefore unconstitutional.

Why do Republicans claim to love the Constitution but then undermine it by trying to establish religious law?

Not in the Arizona bill. That bill is not about wedding cakes only.

If a Christian business person was so genuinely devout in his religious belief that doing business with a gay person was absolutely forbidden by his faith,

he wouldn't do any business with anyone that he could not determine with reasonable certainty was not gay.

If a Christian business person was so genuinely devout in his religious belief that doing business with a gay person was absolutely forbidden by his faith,

he wouldn't do any business with anyone that he could not determine with reasonable certainty was not gay.

I guess that's up to him. Or should it be up to you?

Maybe. Perhaps you should ask them.
What's your point?
Perhaps homosexuality is their tipping point.

The point is these people just hate gays. But instead of saying that, they hide behind religion.

I guess that's up to him. Or should it be up to you?
It's up to Us actually. We set the rules businesses have to follow. We set some for churches as well.

Forum List

Back