Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

Should the Jewish baker be forced to bake such a cake.

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Adolf Hitler denied his birthday cake - Telegraph

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

"We have the right to refuse service to anyone".

I stand by that. When I had my two shops...I had that sign on the wall. But since I am known for my "flair", I added two words. Mine said "We have the right to refuse service to anyone. Tuff Patooties".

Nobody complained.

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross? If they Jew denied baking this cake, since it's deeply against their religious faith?

I mean few people argued the Baker was wrong when he refused to bake the cake "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler!"

Yet in AZ one can not conceive that a religious baker has any argument in not baking a cake for a gay marriage.

The vast vast majority of Christian bakers that don't want any part of a gay marriage ceremony would be fine selling to gays for any other occasion.

I personally disagree with a baker not making money for a gay marriage ceremony, but I can see their argument.

Go back to the birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, I think that baker was in the right and so did most people!

Can't find the name Adolf Hitler in the Christian Bible. What book was he in again?

No one should be forced to go against their religion. Period. Who the hell would want someone who opposes them to bake something for them anyway? I sure wouldn't.

It's funny that the left constantly bashes Christians, yet give a free pass to others who cite religious freedom for not doing things.

Last edited:
...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross?

No...

Can't find the name Adolf Hitler in the Christian Bible. What book was he in again?

You're trying to be an asshole?

1. Are you really claiming to speak for the "vast vast majority" of Christian bakers? What are you basing that claim on?

2. I'm Jewish, and I'm not aware of any tenet of my faith that demands I refuse to serve White Supremacists.

3. Any business is able to refuse to serve any customer they want. They are just not allowed to openly do it for discriminatory reasons. Any Christian baker that doesn't want to bake a cake for a Gay Wedding can refuse to do so, they just aren't allowed to berate the customers with why they aren't doing it. There wouldn't be any lawsuits if the bakers just said "Sorry, we can't accept any more orders now", rather than "We won't cause you're gay".

Last edited:
Hmm, but Doc, I think some of these gay folks are more intelligent than that. If the owner of that bakery says "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any more orders right now", whats to stop that gay couple from figuring out what he really wants? Why should he be forced to lie to cover his intentions?

Hmm, but Doc, I think some of these gay folks are more intelligent than that. If the owner of that bakery says "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any more orders right now", whats to stop that gay couple from figuring out what he really wants? Why should he be forced to lie to cover his intentions?

It's not a matter of "figuring it out". It's a matter of the law. If there's no evidence of discrimination, there's no discrimination. As the sign hanging behind the counter says, they can refuse service to anyone they want. It only violates the law if it's because of sexual orientation, race, or anything like that. No one has to lie, they just can't tell all the truth.

It's not a matter of "figuring it out". It's a matter of the law. If there's no evidence of discrimination, there's no discrimination. As the sign hanging behind the counter says, they can refuse service to anyone they want. It only violates the law if it's because of sexual orientation, race, or anything like that. No one has to lie, they just can't tell all the truth.

In other words, the laws are useless as gun control.

...a Christian Ideology based White Power group who goes into a Jewish bakery and request a cake in the shape a HHH and a burning cross?

No...

Yes, they should. Hatred, in any form, is not accepted.

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

Do you expect them to require their patrons to fill out a questionaire on their life story?

I expect them to have the right to refuse any customer they choose.

Last edited:

In other words, the laws are useless as gun control.

Or, exactly as useful. It really depends on how you look at it.

Why do do the Christians only choose to deny services to only homersexuals and not other people that are sinners???

I would say that if the request was placed for Tah Tah cupcakes, that a Christian bakery would refuse it. If customers come in an order cake, they are going to get cake. It is the special requests that might be rejected due to the theme...

Do you expect them to require their patrons to fill out a questionaire on their life story?

Even yourself??

I look at it the same way I did as a young, rakish, stud-muffin on the prowl for chicks; whenever I approached a girl and was rebuffed (very rarely :cool:) I figured if she didn't want my company, I didn't want hers.

Even yourself??
All humans are imperfect and sin,,,,

Very true. This isn't about judging other people, it's an issue of the rights of the business owner to make their own decisions as to with whom they choose to engage in a transaction.

It's a scary world when government exercises this much control over people. I can see more instigators targeting businesses on the heels of incidents like this. Don't be surprised if some creep comes along asking for a Happy Abortion cake. "Congrats on your ABORTION Cynthia!" Sort of anti-birthday cake. Wait for it, it will happen.

Forum List

Back