shooting Clackamas Mall, Portland, Oregon

Information still coming in on this guy, but we are going to find out two things about him in the next week.

1) Everyone in his life knew he was crazy.

2) Despite that, he had no problem acquiring guns and ammo.

He didn't go through a background check idiot because he never bought the gun, he stole it from a friend... You cannot possibly be this stupid.

Wanna bet?

bet that Joe blow is that stupid?

Information still coming in on this guy, but we are going to find out two things about him in the next week.

Perhaps you can pray to the all-loving sky pixie to have the 2nd Amendment wiped off the Bill of Rights.

Or we can just interpret "Well-Regulated Militia" to mean exactly that.

You can have a gun, after you pass a rigorous background check and receive rigorous training.

Just like people in the Army and the National Guard do.

Someone just shot up the Macy's at the Clackamas Mall. Possibly 60 shots, two know dead so far, assault weopon, large magazine.

Tragic, incomprehensible,and reprehensible.

All of the above. Kid that did the shooting, no prior record. No psychological profile that would indicate trouble. Just totally out of the blue.

The person that owned the gun that was stolen will be facing some charges as we have laws in Oregon concerning dangerous weopon storage. Doesn't fix anything, but maybe make some people consider putting their weopons in a safe place.

As I have stated before, I am a gun owner, have been since the age of 12. But I own hunting rifles, not war weopons. The AR 15 is a semi-automatic copy of the M-16. This is not a hunting weopon, it is a weopon designed with the sole purpose of killing people in large numbers. Same with the AK-47.

As for home defense, if you are incapable of defending yourself with a high powered hunting rifle with five rounds, you shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

Someone just shot up the Macy's at the Clackamas Mall. Possibly 60 shots, two know dead so far, assault weopon, large magazine.

All of the above. Kid that did the shooting, no prior record. No psychological profile that would indicate trouble. Just totally out of the blue.

The person that owned the gun that was stolen will be facing some charges as we have laws in Oregon concerning dangerous weopon storage. Doesn't fix anything, but maybe make some people consider putting their weopons in a safe place.

As I have stated before, I am a gun owner, have been since the age of 12. But I own hunting rifles, not war weopons. The AR 15 is a semi-automatic copy of the M-16. This is not a hunting weopon, it is a weopon designed with the sole purpose of killing people in large numbers. Same with the AK-47.

As for home defense, if you are incapable of defending yourself with a high powered hunting rifle with five rounds, you shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

Home invasion by multiple people is one of the fastest growing crimes in America. You want to take on 5 armed intruders in a panic situation with only 5 rounds? What happens when you miss a couple, do you just throw up your hands and give them a motionless target?

Personally, I'd rather have 25 more rounds.

Home invasion by multiple people is one of the fastest growing crimes in America. You want to take on 5 armed intruders in a panic situation with only 5 rounds? What happens when you miss a couple, do you just throw up your hands and give them a motionless target?

Like Old Rocks said ...

Like Old Rocks said ...

So you vote to throw up your hands...

Yanno.............I'm still wondering why anyone needs a semi-automatic assault rifle to go hunting.

Me? I hunted with a bolt action rifle that held 5 rounds.

Do you REALLY need to squeeze off 60 - 70 rounds in a minute when you're hunting?

Who said we hunt with our semi-automatic assault rifles?

I have fully automatic weapons that I shoot just for the sheer enjoyment of it. My favorite is my Thompson M1928A1.

FTR I have hunted with an AR-15.

Perhaps you can pray to the all-loving sky pixie to have the 2nd Amendment wiped off the Bill of Rights.

You can have a gun, after you pass a rigorous background check and receive rigorous training.

The founders wanted an armed populous separate from the government military in order for the people to be protected from the government. As a matter of fact we should not have a peace time military.

That is the most stupidest thing I have ever read in regards to firearms and home defense.
A hunting rifle has way to much power, how in the hell will you explain to your neighbor for killing their child in the next house, because your round penetrated through your homes walls and entered through your neighbors house.
If you are truly a gun owner turn your damn guns in for the safety of your neighborhood.

Last edited:

Like Old Rocks said ...

No he votes to kill his next door neighbor

Like Old Rocks said ...

Nah, he's going to scare them off with his battery-powered pop gun. :lmao:

Yanno.............I'm still wondering why anyone needs a semi-automatic assault rifle to go hunting.

Me? I hunted with a bolt action rifle that held 5 rounds.

Do you REALLY need to squeeze off 60 - 70 rounds in a minute when you're hunting?

Who said we hunt with our semi-automatic assault rifles?

I have fully automatic weapons that I shoot just for the sheer enjoyment of it. My favorite is my Thompson M1928A1.

FTR I have hunted with an AR-15.

Right to keep and bear arms has nothing to do with hunting.

Well, at least you offered a solution based on Constitutional interpretation instead of a picture from a recent shooting to stir the emotion like I would have expected. I have to give you credit there.

Well, at least you offered a solution based on Constitutional interpretation instead of a picture from a recent shooting to stir the emotion like I would have expected. I have to give you credit there.

Yes, we wouldn't want you to be affected by emotions...

It's much better if you don't think of the victims of gun violence as people or remember they have names or people who are going to miss them.

It's much better if you don't think of the victims of gun violence as people or remember they have names or people who are going to miss them.

Don't even go there. The shooting in CT was disgusting. I'll bet it was exciting to you though, wasn't it? I'll bet you were logged in and posting the minute you heard about it. High times.

Don't even go there. The shooting in CT was disgusting. I'll bet it was exciting to you though, wasn't it? I'll bet you were logged in and posting the minute you heard about it. High times.

Wasn't disgusting enough to get a single one of our local gun fetishists to say, "Wait a minute. Maybe we shouldn't let crazy people have guns!"

Not. A. One.

My opinion about gun ownership hasn't changed a bit after the events of yesterday. I was for not letting crazy people have them before one shot up a bunch of kids.

Forum List

Back