Smoking bans kill people : Woman killed

It's not the first time. The random murders of people who went outside to have a smoke has been going on since there were smoking bans.

Which begs the question, if it will be legal to smoke pot indoors, how will they be able to stop smoking cigarettes indoors? At least one bar owner has said he would allow smoking pot in his bar. Is this the end of the no smoking bans?

It's not the first time. The random murders of people who went outside to have a smoke has been going on since there were smoking bans.

Which begs the question, if it will be legal to smoke pot indoors, how will they be able to stop smoking cigarettes indoors? At least one bar owner has said he would allow smoking pot in his bar. Is this the end of the no smoking bans?

No, it's not. The Smoke Nazi's will never relent until we fight back.

No, it's not. The Smoke Nazi's will never relent until we fight back.

The smoke nazis have turned into the food nazis.

People are more tolerant of pot smokers than they are us regular smokers.

Libs don't hate pot, that's why. Tar is tar

People are put at risk by being forced outside due to no accomdations being made for them inside. How much crime happens at bars, etc and not just a freaking hospital due to people being forced outside?

Mother Shalema Gaskin shot dead outside hospital as her daughter was treated for asthma inside | Mail Online

You are actually attempting to connect not being allowed to smoke in a hospital with being shot? You really are taking this to absurdity.
Why can't they have a smoking room?

People are put at risk by being forced outside due to no accomdations being made for them inside. How much crime happens at bars, etc and not just a freaking hospital due to people being forced outside?

Mother Shalema Gaskin shot dead outside hospital as her daughter was treated for asthma inside | Mail Online

You are actually attempting to connect not being allowed to smoke in a hospital with being shot? You really are taking this to absurdity.

Aside from the obvious answer that it is a hospital and there are sick people there (even people with asthma), why should they have a smoking room? Why should a hospital, or any other building owner, have to set aside a room just so people can poison themselves? Why should they be stuck with the cost of maintaining it, cleaning it, ventilating it and keeping others from being poisoned by it just so smokers don't have to take responsibility for themselves? It isn't the hospital's addiction. It is the smoker's addiction. Let them deal with it themselves. If the area is too dangerous to stand there and smoke, then don't stand there and smoke.

You can catch a buzz if you stand next to someone smoking pot.

Aside from the obvious answer that it is a hospital and there are sick people there (even people with asthma), why should they have a smoking room? Why should a hospital, or any other building owner, have to set aside a room just so people can poison themselves? Why should they be stuck with the cost of maintaining it, cleaning it, ventilating it and keeping others from being poisoned by it just so smokers don't have to take responsibility for themselves? It isn't the hospital's addiction. It is the smoker's addiction. Let them deal with it themselves. If the area is too dangerous to stand there and smoke, then don't stand there and smoke.
Why do they allow fatties to stuff their faces?
Why do you take the choice away from people? Why do liberal get ass sex and abortion but ban everything else?

Why do they allow fatties to stuff their faces?
Why do you take the choice away from people? Why do liberal get ass sex and abortion but ban everything else?

If someone is stuffing their face and, at the same time, spitting half eaten food into your face, then you have an argument. But so long as it is only their face being stuffed, it is their concern. I have yet to have run into a problem of second-hand food. A smoker, otoh, seems to be put off if I don't want them to spew their noxious fumes into my face, forcing me to take part in their inability to control themselves and taking away my ability to choose not to smoke.

You can smoke to your heart's desire. I could not care less. However, you do not have the right to impose that upon others who don't share your addiction. It's your problem and I see absolutely no reason why I should have to be even slightly concerned with accomodating your problem.

I know but people seem to be more tolerant of pot smoking, there are restaurant owners who currently don't allow smoking that would allow pot smoking in their establishments.

I know but people seem to be more tolerant of pot smoking, there are restaurant owners who currently don't allow smoking that would allow pot smoking in their establishments.

Not quite true. This is the current Virginia code on smoking in restaurants:

§ 15.2-2825. Smoking in restaurants prohibited; exceptions; posting of signs; penalty for violation.

A. Effective December 1, 2009, smoking shall be prohibited and no person shall smoke in any restaurant in the Commonwealth or in any restroom within such restaurant, except that smoking may be permitted in:

You will notice nowhere in that does it specify what is being smoked. Just "smoking". I think if you look at other smoking ban laws, you will find that is pretty consistant.

§ 15.2-2825. Smoking in restaurants prohibited; exceptions; posting of signs; penalty for violation.

A. Effective December 1, 2009, smoking shall be prohibited and no person shall smoke in any restaurant in the Commonwealth or in any restroom within such restaurant, except that smoking may be permitted in:

You will notice nowhere in that does it specify what is being smoked. Just "smoking". I think if you look at other smoking ban laws, you will find that is pretty consistant.

I would hope so, if I can't smoke my Newports indoors Scoobie shouldn't be able to smoke his bong indoors.

I would hope so, if I can't smoke my Newports indoors Scoobie shouldn't be able to smoke his bong indoors.

I think you are safe on that score.

So you would rather this mother blow smoke at her asmatic child? Are you serious?

Forum List

Back