She Must Hate Barry

The more Samuel Jackson opens his mouth on matters political, the more I regret ever having watched any of his movies.

Children, children, CHILDREN! Whether someone likes or dislikes any first lady (or any person - or any THING, for that matter) is a totally SUBJECTIVE determination. Someone posted, "you just like her, then, right?" or some such. Exactly. Why? Hard to explain. And who cares? And what good does it do to try and explain it? I never liked Lee Marvin. He's a great actor. I just never liked him.

To me, Michelle Obama is an excellent first lady. Great? I don't know. How do you define "great" in the context of first ladies? Their accomplishments? I'm not so sure. Maybe. Maybe not. And different people have different standards to apply when it comes to first ladies. Some look at accomplishments. Others look at appearance and how they conduct themselves in public. Some only look at personality. I am totally on board with Nancy Reagan having been a cold fish or however she was described.

I liked Nancy Bush a lot. Not so sure about Martha. She impressed me as being pretty damn cold and calculating herself.

Something this subjective is almost impossible to do anything with except bleat and blat based on your own tastes.

How so? What constitutes George's personal definition of "excellent"?

I am making a distinction between "excellent" and "great." "Excellent" isn't quite up there with "great" - it's the next notch down.

To me, and excellent first lady has poise, charm and carries herself with dignity. She is at all times an asset to the Presidency. She isn't necessarily "accomplishing" things right and left, such as feeding starving countries or raising millions for this or that good cause. A "great" first lady both carries herself with dignity and "accomplishes" great things.

"Excellent" is OK - "Great" is better.

To me, it is largely a matter of personality - much as I consider the personalities of posters on this board. For example, I have great respect for those who treat others with civility here and a total lack of respect for the other type of posters that inflict themselves on this board - you know, like koshergrl here. :alcoholic:

Last edited:
The more Samuel Jackson opens his mouth on matters political, the more I regret ever having watched any of his movies.

I agree, but I love Pulp Fiction.

Yeah. That movie is five stars, and I don't give out five stars.

It's too bad Vincent Vega was whacked on the shitter. I'd like to put a contract out on Jules right now to shut him up.

I agree, but I love Pulp Fiction.

Yeah. That movie is five stars, and I don't give out five stars.

It's too bad Vincent Vega was whacked on the shitter. I'd like to put a contract out on Jules right now to shut him up.

Did you ever get what's in the briefcase?

Michelle Obama has been one of the best first ladies of our generation

Please explain why.

What would like to know about Mrs. Obama?

That she's a brilliant lawyer in her own right; and that she met Barack when he interned at her firm and he reported to her?

That she's a great mom?

That she's always hated Barack's political career, and just wanted a normal family?

That she's served the roll of first lady as well as any, save that of Dolly Madison and Eleanor Roosevelt?

Michelle Obama has been one of the best first ladies of our generation

Please explain why.

She's just wonderful. Her "cause" was food and being overweight. And here her husband is about to make sure they are more people sitting home watching their asses grow fat while on unemployment...and eating Mickey D's.

Say wha?!?!?!?!
imagesCAXCTI2F.jpg

Mrs. Obama before the taxpayer's monies to get her into shape, kicked in:

MICHELLE-OBAMA.jpg

imagesCA9HRJL9-1.jpg

Obamacollege-1.jpg

I will say one thing. I doubt MO could make a bigge mess out of 4 years then did her husband.

Forum List

Back