She Knew The Rules But Is This What Jesus Would Have Done?

Christians’ lack of forgiveness, charity, and forbearance is telling.

The school missed an opportunity to teach those principles to its students. Instead the school exhibited religious authoritarianism and the rule of fear, rather than a love for their god and each other.

The school missed an opportunity to teach those principles to its students. Instead the school exhibited religious authoritarianism and the rule of fear, rather than a love for their god and each other.

The school is not a Christian, it is a school.

Why not find some radical muslem school where they stone women to death for the crime of infidelity and let us know if they allow you to use mohammed's name?

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Your boasting of tolerance is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls herself a Christian but is sexually immoral. With such a woman, don't even let her coach your kids.

Last edited:
At the end of the day this was a business decision! Many Christian schools are just like any other private school, they are just trying to make money. They aren't in the business of sincere prosthelytizing. If you have kids and you want them to be raised as good christians then be a good christian role model as a parent. The notion that christian schooling will increase the chances of your kid becoming a christian.....well I don't know the statistics, but all the friends i've ever had that were raised in christian schools were complete delinquents, and I hear the same story over and over again about those raised in christian schools.

I feel like DaGoose, so don't get me wrong I'm not hating on christians. I'm just saying....

That's your bigoted spin.
Reality? Well, that's different.

I doubt that such was specified in the contract. However, if it was specified, you are correct.

Bet you the school will go over the contract language extra careful for the coming year.

At the end of the day this was a business decision!

It may have been a business decision. The school serves people expecting higher moral standards than what is found in the government schools. Still, even business-motive aside, a real Christian school would have fired this woman for her immorality.

"
Still, that couldn't help save her job when she first admitted her pregnancy during the fall semester, with the school terminating her based on a violation of her contract's morals clause because it was determined her pregnancy meant she could not serve as "a Christian role model."

""The Supreme Court, as a matter of fact in the last month, has ruled 9-to-0 that a Christian school does have that right, because this is a ministry, so we have the right to have standards of conduct," Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor, who acknowledged that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had contacted the school, told WFAA."

So yes she is pissing and moaning about it.

And she did sign a morality clause....

And she's not *coach of the year* in any meaningful sense...she was a *coach of the year* at that school. Every coach probably manages that at some point there.

She's an activist bitch and she's trying to force the school to pay her even though she refuses to abide by the terms of her contract.

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

"
Still, that couldn't help save her job when she first admitted her pregnancy during the fall semester, with the school terminating her based on a violation of her contract's morals clause because it was determined her pregnancy meant she could not serve as "a Christian role model."

""The Supreme Court, as a matter of fact in the last month, has ruled 9-to-0 that a Christian school does have that right, because this is a ministry, so we have the right to have standards of conduct," Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor, who acknowledged that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had contacted the school, told WFAA."

So yes she is pissing and moaning about it.

And she did sign a morality clause....

And she's not *coach of the year* in any meaningful sense...she was a *coach of the year* at that school. Every coach probably manages that at some point there.

She's an activist bitch and she's trying to force the school to pay her even though she refuses to abide by the terms of her contract.

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

douchegirl, all female coaches are activist "bitches" in my experience. You should see the ones at our high school. I am glad they are there. The players get no breaks and are better people, students, and atheletes for it.

Apropos of nada...

Meanwhile, she violated her contract and now she's pissing and moaning about it. Too bad.

The school had every right to terminate her. The unemployment insurance board will have the final say as to whether it was for cause or not.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What is highlighted in RED is the key here.

The school was worried about what example was being set with a pregnant, unmarried woman.

But what kind of example are they setting with their comdenation and intolerance? :confused:

He who lives in a glass house...

EXACTLY!! Here is a classic example of so-called Christians passing judgement and condemning her to hell.

It's as if they are trying to tell God what his job should be. And as we read in the Bible Jesus sure has some choice words for these self righteous morons.

At the end of the day this was a business decision!

It may have been a business decision. The school serves people expecting higher moral standards than what is found in the government schools. Still, even business-motive aside, a real Christian school would have fired this woman for her immorality.

Translated: The school serves the self righteous who teach that women are subservient to men.

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

......a Dallas-area volleyball coach and science teacher was fired by the Christian school at which she worked for becoming pregnant before being married.

"The Supreme Court, as a matter of fact in the last month, has ruled 9-to-0 that a Christian school does have that right, because this is a ministry, so we have the right to have standards of conduct," Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor, who acknowledged that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had contacted the school, told WFAA. "How's it going to look to a little fourth-grade girl that sees she's pregnant and she's not married?"

That has left Samford uninsured and in financial distress as she heads towards giving birth, a situation she never considered possible when she was a proud member of Heritage Christian Academy's faculty.

I'm kinda torn on this one. She knew the rules and the school had every right to fire her.

But is just having a right to do something make it the right thing to do?

I have to agree with you on this.

No, I don't believe that firing her is how Jesus would have handled this situation and it definitely pisses me off when Christians do this kind of thing. However, Christians make mistakes too.

Immie

Forum List

Back