She Knew The Rules But Is This What Jesus Would Have Done?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

......a Dallas-area volleyball coach and science teacher was fired by the Christian school at which she worked for becoming pregnant before being married.

Samford had led the volleyball program for three years and had been named the school's coach of the year once during that span.

"The Supreme Court, as a matter of fact in the last month, has ruled 9-to-0 that a Christian school does have that right, because this is a ministry, so we have the right to have standards of conduct," Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor, who acknowledged that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had contacted the school, told WFAA. "How's it going to look to a little fourth-grade girl that sees she's pregnant and she's not married?"

That has left Samford uninsured and in financial distress as she heads towards giving birth, a situation she never considered possible when she was a proud member of Heritage Christian Academy's faculty.

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

I'm kinda torn on this one. She knew the rules and the school had every right to fire her.

But is just having a right to do something make it the right thing to do?

But is just having a right to do something make it the right thing to do?
One cannot help but wonder the same thing about abortion.

In those cases, the respone will be "the right to choose belongs in whole to the person who makes the choice; as such, you are in no position to judge"

Same response applies to this as well.

:dunno:

Given her credentials(coach of the year, science teacher) I am surprised the other schools are not beating her door down as we post!

She may have to take government assistance for awhile, then she will lead another school over the backs of her former school in volleyball in no time!

So, who actually lost here?

Last edited:
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What is highlighted in RED is the key here.

The school was worried about what example was being set with a pregnant, unmarried woman.

But what kind of example are they setting with their comdenation and intolerance? :confused:

But what kind of example are they setting with their comdenation and intolerance? :confused:
One that everyone should have ingrained deeply into their souls:
Actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

Actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

What kind of "responsibility for her actions and consequesnses" did Jesus require the adultress to partake? :confused:

The school was worried about what example was being set with a pregnant, unmarried woman.

At my youngest's school there are a few rules...One is 'pants with holes in the knees will not be tolerated and the child will be sent home.'
Another is "Caps can only be worn outdoors and the brim must face forward'.

Teachers, parents and child must sign off on these rules.

If the rules are broken, there are consequences.

This is not about condemnation or intolerance, it is about following the rules.

What kind of "responsibility for her actions and consequesnses" did Jesus require the adultress to partake? :confused:
Irrelevant to what I said, and does not negate its soundness.

Last edited:

At my youngest's school there are a few rules...One is 'pants with holes in the knees will not be tolerated and the child will be sent home.'
Another is "Caps can only be worn outdoors and the brim must face forward'.

Teachers, parents and child must sign off on these rules.

If the rules are broken, there are consequences.

This is not about condemnation or intolerance, it is about following the rules.

When a Conservative says "This is not about condemnation or intolerance", then it is about condemnation or intolerance.

It's kinda like someone saying "It's not about money. It's about principles".

Bullshit.

What soundness? That an unmarried woman who becomes pregnant should be shunned and condemned? Maybe we should teach our young to throw rocks at her too.

Go back and read my OP. I already said that she broke the rules and that the school had every right to fire her. I just take issue with those "so-called" Christians.

It always amazes me when people ask "Is this what Jesus would do?" It's usually used when somebody is trying to win a debate or sway an opinion. Most often, the person using that question is not even a christian. That's been my experience, anyway.

What soundness?
That actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

If you would like to argue against this position, or the fact that this is the example that the school sets with its actions (in response to your question), please feel free.

It always amazes me when people ask "Is this what Jesus would do?" It's usually used when somebody is trying to win a debate or sway an opinion. Most often, the person using that question is not even a christian. That's been my experience, anyway.
I am -especially- amused when they try to do this in an attempt to justify the wefare state.

Well your experience did not serve you well today. I'm a born again Christian who accepted Christ as my Saviour in 1982 at age 23. And nope, I'm FAR from perfect but I know I'm forgiven.

And if anyone believes that Jesus supports that school's decision would be wise to consult the Bible.

What soundness?
That actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

If you would like to argue against this position, or the fact that this is the example that the school sets with its actions (in response to your question), please feel free.

I already did but you chose to alter my post.

Well your experience did not serve you well today. I'm a born again Christian who accepted Christ as my Saviour in 1982 at age 23. And nope, I'm FAR from perfect but I know I'm forgiven.

And if anyone believes that Jesus supports that school's decision would be wise to consult the Bible.

See post #7.

Do you need some biblical reference to hell?

Forum List

Back