She Knew The Rules But Is This What Jesus Would Have Done?

What soundness?
That actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

If you would like to argue against this position, or the fact that this is the example that the school sets with its actions (in response to your question), please feel free.
I already did but you chose to alter my post.
You said:
What soundness? That an unmarried woman who becomes pregnant should be shunned and condemned? Maybe we should teach our young to throw rocks at her too.
This is not arguing against my position, this is posing a strawman as I said no such thing.
Please address what -I- said in respone to the question you asked.

Last edited:
Speaking of Jesus and his Judgement:

"The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 13:41-42

She's in a position of authority in a Christian school....so of course it's going to result in her removal from the staff.

I'm sure she does have other schools beating down her door. The ones who can actually afford to hire coaches...

One that everyone should have ingrained deeply into their souls:
Actions have consequences, and while you are free to take whatever actions you might choose, you then must accept responsibility for those actions and, similarly, accept that you must live with those consequnces.

What kind of "responsibility for her actions and consequesnses" did Jesus require the adultress to partake? :confused:
Do you need some biblical reference to hell?

Well, yes - the consequence of her actions, should she not make good on them, is eternal damnation.

That God would hold her accoutable for her sins must mean, to DaGoose, that God is intolerant.
:dunno:

Last edited:
You don't go to hell for sinning if you're saved.

Nobody is sending her to hell. They're just saying she can't lead girls at a Christian school when she's dealing with an out of wedlock pregnancy.

It's reasonable, and I'm sure she saw it coming when she made the determination to keep the baby...for which she is to be commended.

There's a little more to it than that.

Nobody is sending her to hell. They're just saying she can't lead girls at a Christian school when she's dealing with an out of wedlock pregnancy.
Yes - and thereby teaching the students a perfectly valid lesson in that actions have consequences.

It's reasonable, and I'm sure she saw it coming when she made the determination to keep the baby...for which she is to be commended.

M14 Shooter already passed judgement on her and condemned her to hell. So what do we need God for? :eusa_pray:

M14 Shooter already passed judgement on her and condemned her to hell. So what do we need God for? :eusa_pray:
You apparently aren't willing/able to have an honest discussion of this issue.

As a teacher, she is a role model. As such, by the Christian school standard, she is unfit to teach children. Jesus would have allowed her to stay as coach of the mature adult volleyball team and removed her from her teaching position

What kind of "responsibility for her actions and consequesnses" did Jesus require the adultress to partake? :confused:
Irrelevant to what I said, and does not negate its soundness.

What soundness? That an unmarried woman who becomes pregnant should be shunned and condemned? Maybe we should teach our young to throw rocks at her too.

Go back and read my OP. I already said that she broke the rules and that the school had every right to fire her. I just take issue with those "so-called" Christians.

So called Christians? Adultery - sex outside of marriage - is forbidden by the Ten Commandments. One could argue that it is the "so called Christians" that condone it. Just because "everyone does it" does not mEan the Church must accept it. That's why some like you can not comprehend the Catholic Church's position on birth control.

Why didn't she get married? Certainly she had good reason to. Unless...

Would Jesus be found working at Wal-Mart?

No. Therefore, working at Wal-Mart is Un-Christian.

Would Jesus be found earning a living?

No. Jesus didn't need to make money. He lived off the kindness of strangers. Therefore, earning a living is Un-Christian. So is trading stocks.

Would Jesus be found fishing?

No. In fact, Jesus stopped a couple of guys from fishing and told them to hang out with him instead and beg for food from others. Therefore, fishing is Un-Christian.

Would Jesus be found swimming?

No. In fact, Jesus walked on the water rather than be caught swimming. Therefore, swimming is Un-Christian.

Would Jesus be found in a tomb?

No. Jesus wouldn't be caught dead in a tomb. Therefore, tombs are Un-Christian.

Last edited:
Speaking of Jesus and his Judgement:

"The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 13:41-42

Perhaps, and again, you should reconsider the Beatitudes and rethink your concept of why someone may be cast to hell.
It is because those who seek hell put false gods before him. Example....the golden calf...(i.e. money) ....above the needs of a person/soul.
Squint and see only that which you choose to see and live your life in utter rejection in the teachings you vehemently try to convey in your posts.

If this was a Muslim school, would there be any controversy? Would it even make the news? Of course not. Christians are held to a higher standard. Even when that standard goes AGAINST its tenants.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm getting pretty sick of people glorifying single parenthood. Children deserve two parents. Period.

This girl made a mistake and there are consequences. Or maybe she did it on purpose - in which case I have zero sympathy.

She made a choice, and I'm sure she's perfectly capable of dealing with the fallout.

Like I said, she's to be commended for not killing the baby...

And I wish her the best.

Yep. If she's that great of a teacher, she will find another job.

BTW - Catholic schools also have "morality clauses" but my kids' school has made an exception - for an OUTSTANDING teacher. Average teachers have lost their jobs for the same reason. Life is not fair; but sometimes exceptional people are given exceptions. Maybe this volleyball coach needed to brush up on her other skills.

The school was worried about what example was being set with a pregnant, unmarried woman.

But what kind of example are they setting with their comdenation and intolerance? :confused:

At my youngest's school there are a few rules...One is 'pants with holes in the knees will not be tolerated and the child will be sent home.'
Another is "Caps can only be worn outdoors and the brim must face forward'.

Teachers, parents and child must sign off on these rules.

If the rules are broken, there are consequences.

This is not about condemnation or intolerance, it is about following the rules.

When a Conservative says "This is not about condemnation or intolerance", then it is about condemnation or intolerance.

It's kinda like someone saying "It's not about money. It's about principles".

Bullshit.

Who in the hell says I'm a conservative?

The teacher signed on for the job at a private school, didn't follow the rules and was fired.

Money and principles has zilch to do with her breaking her contract.

Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy
......a Dallas-area volleyball coach and science teacher was fired by the Christian school at which she worked for becoming pregnant before being married.

"The Supreme Court, as a matter of fact in the last month, has ruled 9-to-0 that a Christian school does have that right, because this is a ministry, so we have the right to have standards of conduct," Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor, who acknowledged that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had contacted the school, told WFAA. "How's it going to look to a little fourth-grade girl that sees she's pregnant and she's not married?"
That has left Samford uninsured and in financial distress as she heads towards giving birth, a situation she never considered possible when she was a proud member of Heritage Christian Academy's faculty.
Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

I'm kinda torn on this one. She knew the rules and the school had every right to fire her.

But is just having a right to do something make it the right thing to do?

Not even slightly torn, just like I wasn't even slightly torn when a gat baseball team was banned from league playoffs because it had too many straight people on it.

Jesus had nothing to do with any decision made by anyone in this, it had everything to do with appearing moral rather than being moral.

Sounds a bit like Obama saying he supports women while paying them less than the men who work for him?

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What is highlighted in RED is the key here.

The school was worried about what example was being set with a pregnant, unmarried woman.

But what kind of example are they setting with their comdenation and intolerance? :confused:

He who lives in a glass house...

Forum List

Back