Share faith...lose your job

what a bunch of rhetorical bullshit. POST EVIDENCE BITCH.

oh, and if your boss tells you to stop trying to throw a fucking bible at your co-workers then perhaps you should go ahead and remember what purpose your employment serves. Hint: it's not because anyone else gives a fuck about how much faith you have in the ghost of a dead jew.
Your personal issues, idiocy, and off-topic ramblings aside, one would think most are familiar with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the EEOC, but obviously not:
Subsequent legislation expanded the role of the EEOC. Today, according to the U. S. Government Manual of 1998-99, the EEOC enforces laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age in hiring, promoting, firing, setting wages, testing, training, apprenticeship, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Race, color, sex, creed, and age are now protected classes. The proposal to add each group to protected-class status unleashed furious debate. But no words stimulate the passion of the debate more than "affirmative action."
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

It's not discrimination against religious affiliation to make an EMPLOYEE WORK instead of gossip about the latest jesus sighting. sorry to burst your lil bubble, whore.

ps, i work in HR. If I hire you to answer a phone and, instead, you are busy relaying your personal faith to a coworker not only do I have the right to enforce policy up to and including termination but your refusal to act on my command amounts to insubordination; easily one of the quickest dis-qualifiers for unemployment available.

:thup:

put that on your bible and thump it, streetwalker.

See, you guys get all stressed out about things that are not true. I said nothing about using company time to share my faith. I take breaks just like other people do. I know my bounds in that matter. I do my work, I don't do like the unethical majority, and use my work time for personal business.

You guys write your own thoughts between the lines, and then you respond to that. Talking to yourself rather than addressing what is actually posted.
That is actually too serious to be as funny as it is.

I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

I get so tired of the radical Christian agenda. Their "in your face" brand of mysticism is wearing awfully thin. The unasked for moralizing.

Their lame attempt at pushing their occult message in public schools and their attempt to indoctrinate children against parent’s wishes.

They have the nerve and gall to claim their supernatural spirit being sent hurricanes and terrorists to the US because of honest and patriotic American citizens who have done nothing wrong other than exist.

I'm tired the attempt to hamstring our children by claiming that the foundation science for biology, botany and physiology is a lie as well as geology, astronomy and many other sciences they feel don't support their occult text.

How long do they have to keep harming America, how long?

All those things I highlighted above, in your post, I agree with you on. I don't do those things, so I know you were not talking about me. Some people just step over their bounds.

Kinda like coaches and teachers who speak profanity at their students, people who walk around with their pants half off, those who play their (music?) loud, and all the while know it is throwing our filthy profanity, death talk, suicied messages, kill cop messages, and trash like that, right?

And I've been to the food banks. There is no preaching there. Salvation Army and the Catholic Church are two big ones. The people, often drug addicted, drunk, just out of jail, or there with all their kids sign in, wait in the lobby, fill out the questionnaire stating what they will accept, and use a dolly to load up their car with the food they're provided with. Nobody asks them what religion they are, they aren't provided with religious materials, and nobody "prays" with them or asks them to come to church next Sunday.

clearly, you speak for, and can testify to, every interaction between the needy and food banks throughout the united states.

Can you? Seems that boot fits your foot too.

Your personal issues, idiocy, and off-topic ramblings aside, one would think most are familiar with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the EEOC, but obviously not: The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

It's not discrimination against religious affiliation to make an EMPLOYEE WORK instead of gossip about the latest jesus sighting. sorry to burst your lil bubble, whore.

ps, i work in HR. If I hire you to answer a phone and, instead, you are busy relaying your personal faith to a coworker not only do I have the right to enforce policy up to and including termination but your refusal to act on my command amounts to insubordination; easily one of the quickest dis-qualifiers for unemployment available.

put that on your bible and thump it, streetwalker.

See, you guys get all stressed out about things that are not true. I said nothing about using company time to share my faith. I take breaks just like other people do. I know my bounds in that matter. I do my work, I don't do like the unethical majority, and use my work time for personal business.

You guys write your own thoughts between the lines, and then you respond to that. Talking to yourself rather than addressing what is actually posted.
That is actually too serious to be as funny as it is.

That is an example of the Straw Man Fallacy.

It is the obligation of the reader to ask for clarification and or premises, so they can properly assess the argument of the author.

You know, in spite of him being a complete asshole about it, Shogut is right. Too bad he has to be a complete asshole about it though.

Not so. This is what Si Modo is referring to:

EEOC: Title VII, Religious Discrimination

Employers must permit employees to engage in religious expression, unless the religious expression would impose an undue hardship on the employer. Generally, an employer may not place more restrictions on religious expression than on other forms of expression that have a comparable effect on workplace efficiency.

You can, and people have, successfully sued over suppressing religious expression in the workplace.
And, my point is that an employer would think long and hard about firing someone over this as they are not fans of getting into EEOC suits.

Unless someone can clearly prove an undue hardship on the other employees to justify that termination, the EEOC suit would be at a minimum a hassle and costly to the employer.

You're right. Firing someone for their religion might result in a lawsuit if they cannot show undue hardship. That's why most employers would never be so blatant. Many states, like my own, are "right to work" states in which the employer is not required to give a stated reason for firing an employee. In such states, it then falls upon the employee to prove that the reason they were fired was because of their religion- which is only possible if their employer is blatant and stupid. So while the law does prohibit that in spirit, in reality, I'm sure many people are fired or contracts not renewed because of religious belief, yet it cannot be proven.

I honor your thinking, Smartt33. That's what turn Saul into Paul. That you are willing to accept the consequences in mortality for your actions is pretty awesome.

Thanks, we will never serve God if we are not willing to accept the consequences that may come.

And I've been to the food banks. There is no preaching there. Salvation Army and the Catholic Church are two big ones. The people, often drug addicted, drunk, just out of jail, or there with all their kids sign in, wait in the lobby, fill out the questionnaire stating what they will accept, and use a dolly to load up their car with the food they're provided with. Nobody asks them what religion they are, they aren't provided with religious materials, and nobody "prays" with them or asks them to come to church next Sunday.

clearly, you speak for, and can testify to, every interaction between the needy and food banks throughout the united states.

You might think so, nutter. I guess this is the result of having faith in dead jewish gods. Don't worry, I won't ask you a science question either.

You might think so, nutter. I guess this is the result of having faith in dead jewish gods. Don't worry, I won't ask you a science question either.

Clearly you failed to understand what I said. If you can say that Christian organizations only give out charity if people are willing to hear the Gospel, you must have been to all such organizations and witnessed that happening. I doubt you have even witnessed one of them do that. Fact is, most Christian organizations who give out charity do not force anyone to hear anything. People come to hear because of the love they were shown by the organizations. You just have it all wrong.

Clearly you failed to understand what I said. If you can say that Christian organizations only give out charity if people are willing to hear the Gospel, you must have been to all such organizations and witnessed that happening. I doubt you have even witnessed one of them do that. Fact is, most Christian organizations who give out charity do not force anyone to hear anything. People come to hear because of the love they were shown by the organizations. You just have it all wrong.

yea, dude. people sure do come to hear the love when their fucking stomachs are howling! :lol: Funny how you don't see droves of guilt free members walking in on their own volition outside of needing access to food banks. Shit, the guys from South Park nailed your kind in "Starvin' Marvin in Space".

Starvin' Marvin in Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps, doubt what you want to, dogma junkie. You are, after all, the silly fucker who also thinks dead jews bless you so...

:cuckoo:

I find it ironic that with few exceptions, religious people claim "the moral high ground" as a byproduct of "believing". The author of this thread asserts that the "decline in morality" in this country is due to a government crack down on religious proliferation, and the persecution of christians (by not letting them proselytize or promote their beliefs in a public forum).

Not only do I find this absurd, but I can make a fairly convincing argument that the opposite is actually true. Don't get me wrong, I have NO objection to christians practicing their faith (or believers of any other religion), but to make the claim that there is a moral decline in America BECAUSE we're becoming a "godless" society is demonstratively wrong, and very self-righteous.

Even today (as throughout history), religion is responsible for more death in the world than any other cause. Without it, there would be no "terrorism" as we know it. Without it, WWII may not have happened at all, and at the very least, would not have resulted in the persecution of "jews" (because "jew" wouldn't have meaning, not because I'm anti-semetic or something).

Not to say that you're "religious" if you're a republican, but if you're republican, statistically you're probably religious. Personally, I know what it's like to be discriminated against in my job, affiliations, and generally in society for NOT BEING RELIGIOUS. I live in Utah (a defacto "theocracy"). Here, it's NOT OK not to believe.

In the end, it's my observation that the world would be MUCH BETTER OFF without religion at all. Why isn't it my "right" to live in peace and freedom without the constant barrage of religious symbolism and hipocracy? After all, I don't spend my life trying to convince religious people NOT to believe, do I? Where is the consideration for MY point of view?

-sensored

Last edited:

yea, dude. people sure do come to hear the love when their fucking stomachs are howling! :lol: Funny how you don't see droves of guilt free members walking in on their own volition outside of needing access to food banks. Shit, the guys from South Park nailed your kind in "Starvin' Marvin in Space".

ps, doubt what you want to, dogma junkie. You are, after all, the silly fucker who also thinks dead jews bless you so...

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Simple: They come in for food, of course, because it is offered. Food is given, because it is needed. Then the people leave. They return, get more food, and say thanks. We just say God bless you. They come back again for food, but want to chat. We chat, and (like it or not) they are now here because they are interested in the Blessing that we asked God to give them.

It is not that clear, but you get the picture. They get foor, but usually they want to understand what the organization is all about.

I know you don't believe that, your loss.

Simple: They come in for food, of course, because it is offered. Food is given, because it is needed. Then the people leave. They return, get more food, and say thanks. We just say God bless you. They come back again for food, but want to chat. We chat, and (like it or not) they are now here because they are interested in the Blessing that we asked God to give them.

It is not that clear, but you get the picture. They get foor, but usually they want to understand what the organization is all about.

Um ... no. Even in our country there are many missions that still require you sit through sermons just to get a bite to eat. If you have to bribe people with needs like food to convert them, there is something wrong with you.

Bribe? So if religious people help the poor it's a bribe? If they don't help the poor, then they're not practicing what they preach. You people are hilarious. You find an angle to attack no matter what religious people do or don't do. That's why your critcisms go in one ear and out the other, they are meaningless because they are based on your own fears and/or agendas.

In your post you make it sound as though the mindless, stupid poor need protected from the likes of the evil christians by someone like you I suppose? Even if someone should go into a christian charity and get help and has to hear about God while he is there, he still has the personal choice of accepting or rejecting what he hears? Or maybe those evil chritians chain them up and force them to conver? :lol: Some of the attitudes on here are as amazing as they are pathetic.

Last edited:

Is that your sole rebuttal, nutjob? Profound! It's about as convincing as a christian in a science lab!.

if you didn't have food to dangle like a carrot making a donkey move forward your cult would have died in the 1950s. And, of COURSE you'd believe that they are just curious when you hold the keys to the fucking larder!

:rofl:

silly zombie loving bastard.

Bribe? So if religious people help the poor it's a bribe? If they don't help the poor, then they're not practicing what they preach. You people are hilarious. You find an angle to attack no matter what religious people do or don't do. That's why your critcisms go in one ear and out the other, they are meaningless because they are based on your own fears and/or agendas.

In your post you make it sound as though the mindless, stupid poor need protected from the likes of the evil christians by someone like you I suppose? Even if someone should go into a christian charity and get help and has to hear about God while he is there, he still has the personal choice of accepting or rejecting what he hears? Or maybe those evil chritians chain them up and force them to conver? :lol: Some of the attitudes on here are as amazing as they are pathetic.

Hey, maybe democrats and liberals can start passing out food on election day! Oh.. that would be summarily criticized and hailed as what it would be, eh? Funny how that works.

Hey, maybe democrats and liberals can start passing out food on election day! Oh.. that would be summarily criticized and hailed as what it would be, eh? Funny how that works.

Exactly, because they would want something in return. a vote that gives them power. What does a christian ministry want in return for it's charity? Money? From a poor person? Power? Why don't you explain how it's even remotely the same?

Exactly, because they would want something in return. a vote that gives them power. What does a christian ministry want in return for it's charity? Money? From a poor person? Power? Why don't you explain how it's even remotely the same?

yeaaaaaaaaaa.... because we've never seen dogma junkies need membership to their lil club to keep the faith going.....

tell me, how does a church function without membership to provide tithing? Does jesus make a bank deposit the night before? Good fucking god does the name JIM BAKER ring a fucking bell? How much power do you think the nutters on TBN desire, joker? I'm sure Pastor Hagee isn't interested in power every time he's giving a speech about israel.

:lol:

Say... I bet we can't name any other instances of dogma junkie hierarchies seizing power via support from a superstitious poor, eh?

I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

You are clearly bat shit crazy.

I suggest you seek a psychiatrist for the voices you are hearing.

yeaaaaaaaaaa.... because we've never seen dogma junkies need membership to their lil club to keep the faith going.....

tell me, how does a church function without membership to provide tithing? Does jesus make a bank deposit the night before? Good fucking god does the name JIM BAKER ring a fucking bell? How much power do you think the nutters on TBN desire, joker? I'm sure Pastor Hagee isn't interested in power every time he's giving a speech about israel.

:lol:

Say... I bet we can't name any other instances of dogma junkie hierarchies seizing power via support from a superstitious poor, eh?

Again? They are poor people, most without jobs or homes or anything else? Explain to me how they're giving money to the church again?

Was Jim Baker feeding the poor? That's all you have in response? Freakin' Jim Baker? :lol: And what power did Jim Baker have to effect change on anything in this country? And I'm the crazy one? :lol:

The millions of people that belong to Christian churches in this country that donate their money and their time to help the poor are after NOTHING in return. Most christian ministries that are out in the poor neighborhoods trying to help people are not after a damn thing. What do they stand to gain? Your response was bullshit.

Forum List

Back