Share faith...lose your job

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Smartt33, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    If you were my employee and harassed the other employees over this or any subject I'd fire you, too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    That's cause you're a bitch. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    I'm a firm believer in the 11th Commandment:

11. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Well...I would let them harass you with readings from the Quron without penalty. :eusa_angel:

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    And a Christian wouldn't expect a Muslim to be fired over sharing their views.

This is exactly the shit that freedom of speech is supposed to prevent.

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    As a private sector organization, you certainly could do that.

Personally, if I received no complaints from anyone, I would not do a thing to the employee as I would not want any possible EEO lawsuits on my hands. If I did receive complaints, I would talk to the employee and if that effected no change, I still would think long and hard about those EEO laws before firing anyone.

EEO laws are in place, so this OP seems rather like fear-mongering.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  8. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    There is one flaw, freedom of speech is to prevent the government from restricting speech. While in a private business you actually do not have such a freedom. They can expel you just for saying a word they don't like.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Let me repeat this bit of information for you...freedom of speech is not the issue here. Employers are allowed to decide to disallow their employees from harassing others in any manner they wish.

10. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'm sure you would. I have no doubt that you'd help fund them to blow as many christians up as they liked as well. :razz: