Shame on the republicans

The Republicans' stance on the debt-ceiling has now gone so far, in fact, that the Republicans appear to be trying to disrupt the economy in order to improve their chances in the next elections, rather than address an economic crisis that threatens to affect millions of Americans.

This is not practical or responsible. It's also not patriotic. It's traitorous.

Read more: SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

that is a business magizines words and not mine.

Your party has lost its mind

LOL, this thread has become a bore when you have to repeat the same crap over..

:cuckoo:

Oh my stars and little planets - the republicans don't want the debt to grow endlessly, reach a level that can NEVER be paid, consumes most of the budget in interest payments, goes from 14 trillion - to what? 100 trillion? 1 quadrillion? Garsh - so irresponsible.

The Republicans' stance on the debt-ceiling has now gone so far, in fact, that the Republicans appear to be trying to disrupt the economy in order to improve their chances in the next elections, rather than address an economic crisis that threatens to affect millions of Americans.

This is not practical or responsible. It's also not patriotic. It's traitorous.

Read more: SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

that is a business magizines words and not mine.

Your party has lost its mind

No, it's the words of that rag 'The Economist', as reported by a business magazine "Business Insider'.

You might want to learn how to properly quote sources if you ever hope to be taken seriously here.

There you go completely ignoring what the majority of AMERICANS THINK , including the business world.

Defaulting on the debt is NOT a good plan for our economy.

JFK was POTUS after eight years of the last competent Republican to hold that office, DDE.
Today's Republican party is radical, it no longer represents the interests of the American people, it is controlled by and funded by corporations, most of which operate in foreign lands and compete in a global economy.

:rofl:

Concise rejoinder P_P; what it lacks in substance it makes up with insipid brevity.

Sorry its all I could muster to false claims today...have no desire to counter falsehoods for people who wont listen anyway.

See the other response to you about how the tea party altered the republican party to discredit your post if you want.

Last edited:
One of the most-respected and economically intelligent publications in the world, The Economist, has turned against the Republican party for its disgraceful behavior with respect to the US debt-ceiling negotiations

The economist has always supported the sort of statism that is finally destroying the US and several european countries.

Which party is swinging arround the US defaulting on the debt like an axe to get what they want even though the American people want taxes raised on the wealthy?

This is not a Robin Hood movie. Taxing the rich and giving it to others is not going to solve our spending problem. We have a SPENDING problem. Seems to be a disconnect here on your part.

As someone pointed out, if you were rich during Robun Hood's time, you'd pretty well stop going through Sherwood Forrest, or if you did, you'd hire a bunch of armed guys to go with you. All of it would cost more money, driving up costs for everyone.
This is what the gov't is doing.

"Why have the Dems said 'no' to a balanced budget amendment? Why haven't the Dems put forth a budget for the past . . . well, since Obama was elected?"

They say no to a balanced budget amendment because they have no intention of cutting spending. Let's be honest here, folks...progressives don't want less government...they always want more.

As for the Democrats not putting forth a budget? If they actually put down on paper what their intentions were then the American people would be voting them out of office in 2012. Instead...they used their super majorities in the House and Senate and control of the Oval Office to pass a health care entitlement plan that they knew we won't be able to pay for while at the same time giving nothing but lip service to how they plan to cut the deficit...trying to turn the issue into a class warfare fight with an emphasis on how the rich aren't paying enough in taxes. The thing is...anyone possessing Junior High School level math skills can figure out that even taking 100% of what the top 2% make would STILL not pay for the entitlement programs the Liberals have declared untouchable.

Here's how we fix this problem. Since none of the politicians have the back bone to address entitlements let's do across the board cuts of 10% to ALL government entities. Is there ANYONE (other than you folks working for government of course) out there that doesn't think our government doesn't waste 40 cents out of every dollar they collect? So cut 10% this year and then 10% next year. Sure...you'll hear lots of screaming and gnashing of teeth from the people in charge of programs. They'll swear that they can't do what they do for less but I think most logical people will see that for what it is...a reluctance to relinquish power and the unwillingness to work efficiently.

One of the most-respected and economically intelligent publications in the world, The Economist, has turned against the Republican party for its disgraceful behavior with respect to the US debt-ceiling negotiations

My God, man. If you're this wound up now, imagine what you're gonna be like when Obama loses next year? I'd seriously consider finding a new hobby besides politics.

SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

One of the most-respected and economically intelligent publications in the world, The Economist, has turned against the Republican party for its disgraceful behavior with respect to the US debt-ceiling negotiations.

The Republicans, the Economist points out, would rather disrupt the US economy and put the country into default than compromise on a long-term deficit and debt reduction plan.

This behavior is an abdication of the Republicans' responsibilities as elected officials. It puts the Republicans' self-interest ahead of the country's.

Yeah SHAME on those Republicans for wanting to get some fiscal order into the mix before they agree to raise more DEBT.

TDM? YOU are an Idiot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pD0B9Rfps"]‪You are an idiot HAHAHAHAHA!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

My God, man. If you're this wound up now, imagine what you're gonna be like when Obama loses next year? I'd seriously consider finding a new hobby besides politics.
Like shark ranching with no protection in Australia.

I posted that line a second time because someone lied about where the article was from

Forum List

Back