Shame on the republicans

The right crashed the world economy not Obama.

Now they are trying to crash it again.

SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

One of the most-respected and economically intelligent publications in the world, The Economist, has turned against the Republican party for its disgraceful behavior with respect to the US debt-ceiling negotiations.

The Republicans, the Economist points out, would rather disrupt the US economy and put the country into default than compromise on a long-term deficit and debt reduction plan.

This behavior is an abdication of the Republicans' responsibilities as elected officials. It puts the Republicans' self-interest ahead of the country's.

Read more: SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

How is posting an article from a business magazine not good enough for discussion on a political site?

The article wrote the thread title and I posted it as it was the oppinion of economic experts.

This is how the right here responds to completely legitimate facts for discussion.

Name calling and lies about how many times I posted the info.

Actually we respond to you.... not what you post/quote about.

SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

One of the most-respected and economically intelligent publications in the world, The Economist, has turned against the Republican party for its disgraceful behavior with respect to the US debt-ceiling negotiations.

The Republicans, the Economist points out, would rather disrupt the US economy and put the country into default than compromise on a long-term deficit and debt reduction plan.

This behavior is an abdication of the Republicans' responsibilities as elected officials. It puts the Republicans' self-interest ahead of the country's.

Read more: SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS: Their Behavior Is "Economically Illiterate And Disgracefully Cynical"

How is posting an article from a business magazine not good enough for discussion on a political site?

The article wrote the thread title and I posted it as it was the oppinion of economic experts.

This is how the right here responds to completely legitimate facts for discussion.

Name calling and lies about how many times I posted the info.
The experts are wrong and have been heir TDM...how many times in the media have you heard "________________________________far less or far more than the experts predicted?

Sneds a RED FLAG to me when they are continually wrong...but you continue to feed from thier trough will you?

When are you getting your new nose ring installed?

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

I am with you Syrenn, Truths ridicules comment would be really funny if not for the fact that millions of people think just like him. When I hear such utter ignorance, and clear evidence of Brainwashed thought. I can't help but doubt this country has a chance in hell anymore.

To think that millions of Ignorant idiots like Truth actually believe the current economic Crisis is the Fault of only Republicans and not something that has been building for Decades and was contributed to by All Parties involved. Is rather disturbing.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

I am with you Syrenn, Truths ridicules comment would be really funny if not for the fact that millions of people think just like him. When I hear such utter ignorance, and clear evidence of Brainwashed thought. I can't help but doubt this country has a chance in hell anymore.

To think that millions of Ignorant idiots like Truth actually believe the current economic Crisis is the Fault of only Republicans and not something that has been building for Decades and was contributed to by All Parties involved. Is rather disturbing.

And that is exactly why i mock her. She is all the rights fault.....blah blah blah.. She has no clue what so ever to what goes on or how things happen..and yet...she blabbers on.

She is nothing but a joke...and i mock her and her posts as such.

And that is exactly why i mock her. She is all the rights fault.....blah blah blah.. She has no clue what so ever to what goes on or how things happen..and yet...she blabbers on.

Bill Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

It is the Republican's fault.

And no amount of re-writing history is going to change that.

It's more than just lying.

They are actively trying to destroy America.

I hope they can be stopped.

Spending money that we don't have is what is destroying America. Try that one of for a fact.

And the Republicans created this problem by lowering taxes for the rich

This created 93% of the National Debt.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

I am glad you agree with me.

Lowering taxes? I did not say anything about lowering taxes....i was talking about spending what we don't have. How hard is that to understand.

entitlements are the debt.
military is the debt
foreign aid is the debt
illegals are the debt.
Pork for politicians is debt

on and on and on...

at some point you have to stop the insane spending..and work within a budget. Taxing the rich is not what is going to fix this problem. Cutting the money off from the teats will.

and for the record...i dont agree with you.

Bill Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Is this where i get to laugh at you too?

Get those balls in the air and juggle.....

And where did clinton borrow the money to balance the budget?

And how may wars has obama started and or ended?

It's more than just lying.

They are actively trying to destroy America.

I hope they can be stopped.

Spending money that we don't have is what is destroying America. Try that one of for a fact.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

Up to your old tricks Chris? If the total debt is $14,346,848,451,710.36 and Obama added $1 trillion with the stimulus, and then another $1 trillion with his budget from last year, which never passed, and another $2 trillion this year, how can three presidents be responsible for more than is left in the debt? Especially when we add in the fact that there were presidents before them that all added to the debt, and the fact that the debt went up every single year Clinton was in office?

Nice try at changing the subject.

It won't work though.

The collapse came at the end of the disasterous Bush presidency.

It is going to take years to repair the damage.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

Up to your old tricks Chris? If the total debt is $14,346,848,451,710.36 and Obama added $1 trillion with the stimulus, and then another $1 trillion with his budget from last year, which never passed, and another $2 trillion this year, how can three presidents be responsible for more than is left in the debt? Especially when we add in the fact that there were presidents before them that all added to the debt, and the fact that the debt went up every single year Clinton was in office?

National-Debt-GDP-L.gif

It won't work though.

I do get to laugh at you...

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Last edited:

It won't work though.

I do get to laugh at you...

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

I count that as a surrender.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

National-Debt-GDP-L.gif

And that last little sharp red mark....you know the one for obama..... oops... its not going down.... its looking pretty vertical and up to me.

Because the right left Obama a huge historical mess along with the rest of the world.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

National-Debt-GDP-L.gif

What is that supposed to tell me? Debt as a percentage of GDP is not a number, and is actually deceptive, as your chart proves. It makes it look like debt was on a downward trend from 1946 to 1983. The truth is that the debt has gone up every single year since 1951. Just because the country's GDP is going up does not mean the government should be able to spend money it does not have.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

Forum List

Back