SFC Ollie

Hope you get well soon Ollie....

Is this a sudden thing, or was it a planned surgery? Anybody know?

No, we don't know. But it isn't like Ollie to keep such an important part of his life secret so I suspect it wasn't planned. But others think it probably was. But we are all agreed that we want his recovery to be in good time and complete. And all our prayers and good wishes joined together will make a difference.

If he is like my aunt, he could have gone in for a check up and they took him right away.....Not saying I know what happened. With my Aunt they were scared to send her home.

It was much the same for Hombre and my former boss. He had gone for a routine annual physical, they put him on the threadmill for the routine stress test, pulled him off the treadmill, and he went straight to the hospital within the hour and had surgery within the next 24 hours. Some of this stuff is totally without identifiable symptoms though Ollie did have symptoms and reassured us often that he was on top of it.

Hope you get well soon Ollie....

Is this a sudden thing, or was it a planned surgery? Anybody know?

No, we don't know. But it isn't like Ollie to keep such an important part of his life secret so I suspect it wasn't planned. But others think it probably was. But we are all agreed that we want his recovery to be in good time and complete. And all our prayers and good wishes joined together will make a difference.

If he is like my aunt, he could have gone in for a check up and they took him right away.....Not saying I know what happened. With my Aunt they were scared to send her home.

That happened to our neighbor... she went in for some little nothing and they didn't let her go... they did a quad on her the next day.

Can we get a laptop to him in the ICU?

He must be going cold turkey breaking his USMB addiction and he has enough on his plate

Get well soon! We'll hold a spot for you here

He must be going cold turkey breaking his USMB addiction and he has enough on his plate

Haven't they invented a computer yet that responds by voice command? That'd be nice. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:
However, he'd prolly be better off just by paying very close attention to doctor's orders, prescriptions, and suggestions right now, because having him well is worth the wait.

Still hoping for his recovery, and the best hospital stay possible; though none are pleasant.

I think I can bust him out of the hospital. If we run down the hall, hurdle the nurse's station, kick open the stairwell door to fake out security, when jump out the window and scale the 12' wall, its a cakewalk to swim out to the paddle boat.

I think I can bust him out of the hospital. If we run down the hall, hurdle the nurse's station, kick open the stairwell door to fake out security, when jump out the window and scale the 12' wall, its a cakewalk to swim out to the paddle boat.

I'm with you. And he'd love it.:lol:

We're coming man! oh wouldnt that be the worst for him. Let's be good and not make him deal with this.

Okay, I can bring a ladder for the wall, but he has to be very quiet going up. Those security guards won't be fooled forever.

I don't really know the man, but judging from his posts he seems to be very kind and thoughtful.

I hope the best for him. :)

Nah. Wouldn't have to go to all that trouble.

Just deliver pizza and candy to nurses' lounge.

Trust me. I know of what I speak :eusa_angel:

Haven't they invented a computer yet that responds by voice command? That'd be nice. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:
However, he'd prolly be better off just by paying very close attention to doctor's orders, prescriptions, and suggestions right now, because having him well is worth the wait.

Actually it is just a program in some cases. My friend with Cerebral Palsey has a mic and does most everything on his computer with voice command. He even posts on a few message boards with it. And if something is wrong with my computer I call him. He spends all day on one, guys a computer genius. We also won't talk about his World of Warcraft addiction.

Nah. Wouldn't have to go to all that trouble.

Just deliver pizza and candy to nurses' lounge.

Trust me. I know of what I speak :eusa_angel:

Killjoy. :lol:

Recovery is six weeks to six months. I'm a little surprised he isn't home yet. An update would be very welcome about now.

Forum List

Back