Sexual Orientation: What are it's causes?

It's a lie when you say stupid things like "there are mountains of evidence that indicate that..."

So you weren't implying that the idea sexual orientation is hardwired into the brain is a lie, right? Because... why would you when there's no conclusive scientific evidence that supports either position.

Now, please answer the questions I stated earlier. :)

What questions?

It's not hardwired. If it was hardwired, there would be evidence of it, and there's not. You can't prove a negative, however. But the lie I was referring to was the lie that sexuality IS hardwired.

You can't say it's not hardwired because we don't know what causes sexual orientation... nor can I or anyone else say it is hardwired. You're the one jumping to conclusions stating that lesbianism is the product of psychological trauma without any evidence, which is why I asked these questions:

Oh I don't know about that...what's their motivation? They are lesbian because they are traumatized, and they aren't motivated enough to address those issues.
1.) Is there any evidence that supports this claim?
2.) Are you implying that it is a psychological disorder?

It seems rather similar to the theories formed by psychologists during the 1960s... exhibited in this documentary:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSCPTZLxGs]CBS Documentary - The Homosexuals (1967) - YouTube[/ame]

You also stated this:
Don't you ever wonder why so many lesbians are the product of dysfunctional homes...usually where sex abuse has taken place?
Is there any valid proof supporting that many lesbians come from dysfunctional families?

I don't know. I was speaking from my own experience...which is that most of the lesbians I know were exposed to substantial abuse when they were young.

This is somewhat inspired by Maxcha's thread, which... instead of arguing the morality (silly word) of homosexuality, we're arguing in what causes it.

Is it genetic, hormonal, or psychological... or possibly a combination of two or three?

From the evidence I have seen, it seems to be pointing towards hormones. There have been specific twin studies over the past few years that examine sets of twins with differing sexual orientations. Each set of twins are genetically identical and have experienced (relatively) uniform environmental settings. If this is true, the "nurture" aspect of psychological development is omitted with just "nature" left... Since it's not genetic (in this instance), then maybe it's hormonal?

Here's what I can say with a definite answer:
  1. Sexual orientation is not a choice.
  2. It's is not unnatural... seeing that it's a phenomina that occurs in many other species (not just humans).
By the way, if you're going to make a post in what your opinion is, then please leave links pointing towards evidence that supports your claim.

behaviour/nurture affects hormones

Last edited:
behaviour affects hormones

I've heard of hormones affecting behavior, but not the other way around. How do you come to this conclusion?

EDIT: Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I was alluding to studies made in how the environmental settings of the womb might effect hormones during prenatal development (which are found in the videos I posted).

Last edited:
... if you're going to make a post in what your opinion is, then please leave links pointing towards evidence that supports your claim.

is the OP being held to the standard laid out in the OP?

As I previously mentioned, my comment the studies related to hormones is backed by the videos I posted.

However, when/if you read through some of the discussion that has occurred in this thread, then you'll find that I refuted my statement in how sexual orientation is a not a choice due to the fact that causes for sexual orientation have yet to be determined.

EDIT:However, my personal belief about how sexual orientation is not a choice still stands, but my viewpoint based on scientific findings still remains undetermined (which, in my opinion, is the more valid perspective out of the two).

Last edited:
... if you're going to make a post in what your opinion is, then please leave links pointing towards evidence that supports your claim.

As I previously mentioned, my comment the studies related to hormones is backed by the videos I posted.

However, when/if you read through some of the discussion that has occurred in this thread, then you'll find that I refuted my statement in how sexual orientation is a not a choice due to the fact that causes for sexual orientation have yet to be determined.

Fetishes and serial rapists and serial sex murderers --- they have orientations. What do you think causes them?

I'll go out on a limb...attractions during sexual awakening/hormonal awakening in adolescence -- explains lots.

Fetishes and serial rapists and serial sex murderers --- they have orientations. What do you think causes them?

I'll go out on a limb...attractions during sexual awakening/hormonal awakening in adolescence -- explains lots.

I know nothing about the causes for sexual fetishes, but I don't understand how serial sex murders could be an orientation. Would you mind explaining the latter?

I know nothing about the causes for sexual fetishes, but I don't understand how serial sex murders could be an orientation. Would you mind explaining the latter?

Sexual deviancy. We do know that many serial murderers who had sexual fetishes developed these interests during early stages of adolescence. Jeff Dahmer for one spoke often about arousal during dismembering of small animals. Many fetish practitioners speak of a sexual attraction to body parts or objects occurring during adolescence -- a time when sexual impulses start appearing. People often conflate feelings of attraction into obsessions.

I agree sexual attraction is no genetic thing, but that does not preclude believing sexual preference doesn't get 'hardwired' during times of psycho-sexual development

I don't know. I was speaking from my own experience...which is that most of the lesbians I know were exposed to substantial abuse when they were young.

So..................your whole stance is that because it happened to you, it has to happen to others?

Not everyone is as stupid as you Kosher Twit, AKA , Always A Babbling Bitch.

Try again Kaiser Twat.

Sexual sadism is a fetish, not all sexual sadists are murderers, or even rapists.

Sexual sadism is a fetish, not all sexual sadists are murderers, or even rapists.

And not all gay men are cock suckers. :lol:

This is somewhat inspired by Maxcha's thread, which... instead of arguing the morality (silly word) of homosexuality, we're arguing in what causes it.

Is it genetic, hormonal, or psychological... or possibly a combination of two or three?

From the evidence I have seen, it seems to be pointing towards hormones. There have been specific twin studies over the past few years that examine sets of twins with differing sexual orientations. Each set of twins are genetically identical and have experienced (relatively) uniform environmental settings. If this is true, the "nurture" aspect of psychological development is omitted with just "nature" left... Since it's not genetic (in this instance), then maybe it's hormonal?

Here's what I can say with a definite answer:
  1. Sexual orientation is not a choice.
  2. It's is not unnatural... seeing that it's a phenomina that occurs in many other species (not just humans).
By the way, if you're going to make a post in what your opinion is, then please leave links pointing towards evidence that supports your claim.

behaviour/nurture affects hormones

Yup.

It is irrelevant, so one wonders why the homosexual lobby ppl keep insisting homosexuality is hardwired.

It obviously is important to them that people believe this lie.

But then, they aren't big on accountability at any rate.

And how is it a lie?

It isn't supported by fact. It is an opinion. Being supported by fact would make it true. Being an opinion makes it neither lie nor truth. But many supporters of the opinion that homosexuality is "genetic" present it as fact and demand that it be accepted as fact by others who do not feel the same way. Supporters are more than willing to bring the weight of government into play in order to force others to accept what they claim as truth. Tyranny will tend to bring forth opposition that might otherwise not exist.

It's a lie when you say stupid things like "there are mountains of evidence that indicate that..."

So you weren't implying that the idea sexual orientation is hardwired into the brain is a lie, right? Because... why would you when there's no conclusive scientific evidence that supports either position.

Now, please answer the questions I stated earlier. :)

What questions?

It's not hardwired. If it was hardwired, there would be evidence of it, and there's not. You can't prove a negative, however. But the lie I was referring to was the lie that sexuality IS hardwired.

You don't need to prove a negative, all you have to do is believe. This should explain why libs eschew other religions. They have their own beliefs.

behaviour affects hormones

I've heard of hormones affecting behavior, but not the other way around. How do you come to this conclusion?

EDIT: Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I was alluding to studies made in how the environmental settings of the womb might effect hormones during prenatal development (which are found in the videos I posted).

Let's try to keep is simple enough: Sexual determination is usually a function of recombination of genes from the male and female contributors. In the case of sexual determination of the fetus, the female contributes only the X chromosome. The male contributes either an X or a Y chromosome. If the male chromosomal contribution contains an X chromosome, the offspring will be female. If a Y chromosome is contributed, the offspring is male. Nature made the choice relatively simple, you are either-or. People later make the choice more complex.

Forum List

Back