Sexual Orientation: What are it's causes?

Bullshit. You call it *discrimination* when people say they don't want their children taught it's *normal*. You call it *discrimination* when people refuse to afford homosexuals special status based on nothing but their sexual proclivities.

It's not discrimination to not want your children taught that homosexuality is "normal". It's not discrimination to not want to acknowledge homosexual partners as "married" when they choose not to participate in the institution of marriage...it's not *discrimination* to want to promote a way of life that is proven to be the #1 factor in successfully raising children and maintaining a sane society.

Okay..............cool...............what's your answer to this?

Got anything to refute this?

This.

From your link.

For something as complex as sexual orientation, it's no surprise that everything from genes to gender to environment may play a role in ultimately determining your perfect partner.
The simple truth is science has no idea how sexual orientation works, never mind whether brain structure affects choice or choice affects brain structure. There is some evidence that behavior can change how the progress of diseases like Alzheimer's, doing something as simple as crosswords can slow it down, perhaps the way people react to things influences the way the brain develops in ways we do not understand.

At this point there is no way to form a scientific theory about the cause of sexual orientation.

Simple truth is, BECAUSE there is no definitive answer as to if its a choice or not, discrimination based on the belief that it IS a choice is based on a false premise and therefore wrong and unconstitutional.

Wrong.

Discrimination is wrong, period, but it is only unconstitutional if the government does it. The constitution does not limit individuals in any way, shape, or form, therefore noting an individual does is unconstitutional.

Discrimination is wrong, period, but it is only unconstitutional if the government does it. The constitution does not limit individuals in any way, shape, or form, therefore noting an individual does is unconstitutional.

wrong

as far as the Courts have decided

Wrong again.

The courts have decided that Congress has the power to make some discrimination illegal, but they have also said that some discrimination is actually legal, which is why the Boy Scouts don't let gays join.

wrong

Wrong again.

The courts have decided that Congress has the power to make some discrimination illegal, but they have also said that some discrimination is actually legal, which is why the Boy Scouts don't let gays join.

I hate to say this, I really do, but I agree with Dante on this one...

No, I think it's a higher incidence than hetero abuse.

maybe, but it is no way similar to the savage brutality of what came to be called hate crimes.

ask anyone whose seen the result and it is incomprehensible and utterly horrifying. I've seen it a few times. I've seen some bad shit, but not much approaches hate crime beatings. Think Rawanda and Haiti violence...

not very pc, eh?

Anti-gay violence is real and bad enough. To compare it to Rwanda and Haiti is completely ridiculous however.

wrong

Wrong again.

Not really. It's much more complex. A private employer can't exclude sombody based on race, gender, etc, unless there is a compelling reason. And for private organizations the scope is even wider.

Try taking the Roman Catholic Church to court because it only employs men as priests and see how far you will get.

wrong

Wrong again.

Then you are wrong. The Supreme Court has ruled that public accommodation laws are constitutional, but that was a ruling about the law and state action in enforcing it. The constitution does not apply to individuals or private associations, which is why Augusta still does not allow women members, despite numerous lawsuits to change that policy.

The Encyclopedia of Homosexuality states that in ancient Greece prostitutes were generally slaves.[3] A well known case is Phaedo of Elis who was captured in war and forced into slavery and prostitution, but was eventually ransomed to become a pupil of Socrates; Plato's Phaedo is told from his perspective. Male brothels existed in both Ancient Greece and ancient Rome.
When compared to female prostitutes, male sex workers have been far less studied by researchers, and while studies suggest that there may be differences between the ways these two groups look at their work, more research is needed.

My sexual orientation depends where I'm bonking.
In bed, it's horizontal.
Over the bonnet of a car in a supermarket car park, it's standing with my knees slightly bent (unless the lady is quite tall).
Over a washing machine on fast spin; it's kjvkjdnvsdgsnglks

The Encyclopedia of Homosexuality states that in ancient Greece prostitutes were generally slaves.[3] A well known case is Phaedo of Elis who was captured in war and forced into slavery and prostitution, but was eventually ransomed to become a pupil of Socrates; Plato's Phaedo is told from his perspective. Male brothels existed in both Ancient Greece and ancient Rome.
When compared to female prostitutes, male sex workers have been far less studied by researchers, and while studies suggest that there may be differences between the ways these two groups look at their work, more research is needed.

Umm...what?

Everything we do is the result of making choices. From the time we get out of bed in the morning so as not to wet the bed, to getting in bed at night to rest and prepare for tomorrow, and everything inbetween.

Who we have sex with is always the result of choice. You fancy someone, ask/offer them sex, then choose whether you ultimately do or not. But at no point does you conscious will vanish and you proceed like an automoton into sexual acts.

The very term sexual orientation is what doesn't exist. It's sex. Not straight sex, gay sex, or weird sex, just sex. Until the term 'orientation' was coined no one batted an eye at who had sex with whom. And certainly no one was whispering "fag" behind Alexander the Great's back.

In many ways, instead of continuing to advance as a species we've actually gone quite a ways backwards evolutionarily.

It is so nice of you to post studies that you personally know are bogus, it speaks a lot about your character.

I like men, but I do find other women attractive on occasion. Others' lifestyle choices doesn't effect me. I won't try stopping someone from experiencing pleasure and/or love. This country was founded on the freedom of choice. I don't put others down because I don't agree with them. I don't throw insults at those who are different than I am. For the record, a lot of animal species are more civilized than humans are. Sure, they don't build fancy cars or apartment complexes BUT they function better in their group than humans have ever done. Animals take what they need for survival but humans are greedy and keep taking until there's nothing left. Humans destroy and cannot live together peacefully, like animals of the same species can. We need to see that animals are equal to us, not inferior. They're not stupid.
Now, we are mammals and homosexuality is very, very common in mammals of all sorts.

Humans not smarter than animals, just different, experts say
Humans not smarter than animals, just different, experts say
Debate: Are humans better than other forms of life? | A conversation on TED.com
Animal personalities are more like humans than first thought -- ScienceDaily

Forum List

Back