Anyone else watch The Players Championship?

As a GOLFER the final round was one for the ages. Scheffler played himself into contention from five strokes back on the front nine, something we haven't seen since the heyday of Arnold Palmer. Then on the last two holes, after Scheffler had gone in to sign his scorecard with a one-stroke lead, at least four tying putts were diverted by unexplainable forces - something that GOLFERS' experience with some regularity. So....even the pro's have to deal with it.hi

The thing about PGA golf is, every couple years a phenom comes along who looks like he is the next superstar, then a year or two later he fades back into the pack and someone else seems like the Next Coming. The fact is there are five or six great golfers competing now, and it's difficult to imagine Scheffler or anyone else dominating the way Tiger did for more than a year or two.

Is that a good thing?

A Masters Champion and last year's Players Championship winner repeats and a US Open champ, British Open champ and Olympic Gold Medalist tied for second. All 3 second place finishers were one shot back and had birdie chances on the last 3 holes to tie it. Scottie Scheffler shot 8-under today to come from behind and win it.

This guy is on fire.

This guy is on fire.

OMG, I've kept my promise! I heard the Masters was to start last WEd., but never followed up w/ sportsnews even w/ Tiger in the draw! As I age, I'm letting "attention getters" go by the wayside! The blood $$ involved w/ Golf Tour made it easy to walk away! Hockey & Soccer have never been on my radar! I barely stay connected w/ the NBA w/ the last fesiges of skill aging out in LA, Phoenix, & Golden St.! As a Chgo. resident, I wasn't even aware the Cubs won their World Series in 2016! I haven't a clue what went on during March Madness! It's possible to selectively take in info unless forced down our throats like Caitlin Clark! :omg: :nono::eek::rolleyes::stir:

OMG, I've kept my promise! I heard the Masters was to start last WEd., but never followed up w/ sportsnews even w/ Tiger in the draw! As I age, I'm letting "attention getters" go by the wayside! The blood $$ involved w/ Golf Tour made it easy to walk away! Hockey & Soccer have never been on my radar! I barely stay connected w/ the NBA w/ the last fesiges of skill aging out in LA, Phoenix, & Golden St.! As a Chgo. resident, I wasn't even aware the Cubs won their World Series in 2016! I haven't a clue what went on during March Madness! It's possible to selectively take in info unless forced down our throats like Caitlin Clark! :omg: :nono::eek::rolleyes::stir:
My dad always asked me "did you hear"? And I say no dad, I don't watch the news.

I love that the old guys are starting to get beat by the younger guys. Eventually I'll hate those young guys because I hate anyone who's winning unless they are on my sports team.

I hated Jordan winning every year. No team since him has won so much that I got sick of them winning so much. Not the Spurs, Golden State, Miami. Golden State is the one dynasty since Jordan, other than Kobe and the Spurs.

Forum List

Back