Anyone else watch The Players Championship?

bdtex

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2013
A Masters Champion and last year's Players Championship winner repeats and a US Open champ, British Open champ and Olympic Gold Medalist tied for second. All 3 second place finishers were one shot back and had birdie chances on the last 3 holes to tie it. Scottie Scheffler shot 8-under today to come from behind and win it.

A Masters Champion and last year's Players Championship winner repeats and a US Open champ, British Open champ and Olympic Gold Medalist tied for second. All 3 second place finishers were one shot back and had birdie chances on the last 3 holes to tie it. Scottie Scheffler shot 8-under today to come from behind and win it.

Didn't see it but wish I had of, that was some good golf. Even though LIV has poached some great players, there are still tournaments like this one that make the PGA fun to watch.

Didn't see it but wish I had of, that was some good golf. Even though LIV has poached some great players, there are still tournaments like this one that make the PGA fun to watch.
The Players Championship is considered to be the fifth Major and today's final round showed why.

The sport needs to do a much better job at making their players celebrities. Get them on WWE in the audience and have them hit one of the wrestlers who talks shit to them about how golf is for pussies. Or in the UFC audience where they announce you before an upcoming masters tournament. Get those people to know who you are and tuning in on day one to see you play.

Tiger did so much for the game.

And no one can ever talk shit about Tiger. He was washed up and people were saying he would never win another master. Then he won another master. Drop the mic Tiger. I know it'd be cool to break the all time record, but you proved you were the man. Mount Rushmore shit.

One wonders how many championships you would have won if you never got caught cheating and your witch of a wife stole your mojo.

The sport needs to do a much better job at making their players celebrities. Get them on WWE in the audience and have them hit one of the wrestlers who talks shit to them about how golf is for pussies. Or in the UFC audience where they announce you before an upcoming masters tournament. Get those people to know who you are and tuning in on day one to see you play.

Tiger did so much for the game.

And no one can ever talk shit about Tiger. He was washed up and people were saying he would never win another master. Then he won another master. Drop the mic Tiger. I know it'd be cool to break the all time record, but you proved you were the man. Mount Rushmore shit.

One wonders how many championships you would have won if you never got caught cheating and your witch of a wife stole your mojo.
I don't know why you have to go negative all the time.

I'm sorry I was just responding with my thoughts o golf. Even not knowing any of the players, I still love to find myself watching TV on a Sunday and it's the final round. It's so interesting. Will the guy in front choke? Will one of the guys chasing him get an eagle or birdy?

BUT, when a Tiger is playing, I find myself tuning in Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I think we all know viewership was way up when Tiger played. So I'm just saying pro golf needs to start doing better PR. I need to know these guys like celebrities. Then I will want to tune in to see how they are doing.

This guy just won back to back majors and I don't even know his name. Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm remembering that yesterday someone said the guy won 2 in a row? He should be a fucking household name! But I don't even know who he is.

Scottie Scheffler? Who? This guy should be in commercials, on the Tonight Show, hosting SNL, being announced or shown on TV when he goes to a NBA game. I'm not being negative I'm offering golf my advice.

Look where the thread went without me. Sorry I tried to make golf interesting. Who do I think I am Tiger Woods? LOL. You know who the PGA needs? You guessed it

Reminds me of Kim Jung's dad. Another dictator.

The PGA is not the same without Jack Nicholas and Tiger Woods

The PGA is not the same without Jack Nicholas and Tiger Woods

I won't even tune in because Bubba Watson or Mackelroy or Mickelson are in the tournament. I hope to see them among the leaders on Sunday but I don't tune in for them. All I'm saying is the PGA is fucking up with bad PR or no publicity. I would parade these guys around and make them household names. The American ones.

Xander Schauffele, Wyndham Clark, Scottie Scheffler, Patrick Cantlay, Brian Harman, Max Homa are the top Americans. Let's make these household names!

And no one playing today is in the top 10

Scottie is number one right now.

Scottie Scheffler is next in line for comparisons with Tiger Woods because golf, like other sports, is always looking for the heir to the throne.​

He has won one major championship, the 2022 Masters Tournament. He is the only player to win The Players Championship in back-to-back years (2023 and 2024).

Scheffler has tied Woods with the most Players Championship titles -- two. "Outside of that, I've got 14 more majors and 70-some PGA Tour events to catch up," he said. "So, I think I'm going to stick to my routine and just continue to plod along, try and stay as even-keeled as I can."

I'm rooting for him!

Byron Nelson is a hero in my home town but I have always had my doubts about him

So much of his fame is from wins he had during WWII when he didnt serve whereas many other top pros were away in the military

I'm sorry I was just responding with my thoughts o golf. Even not knowing any of the players, I still love to find myself watching TV on a Sunday and it's the final round. It's so interesting. Will the guy in front choke? Will one of the guys chasing him get an eagle or birdy?

BUT, when a Tiger is playing, I find myself tuning in Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I think we all know viewership was way up when Tiger played. So I'm just saying pro golf needs to start doing better PR. I need to know these guys like celebrities. Then I will want to tune in to see how they are doing.

This guy just won back to back majors and I don't even know his name. Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm remembering that yesterday someone said the guy won 2 in a row? He should be a fucking household name! But I don't even know who he is.
It's what you do, and not just in this thread. I pointed out the obvious, why you mad bro?

I'm going to be positive here. I really want this Scottie guy to be for real and win more majors. I LOVE in MMA or Boxing when a fighter is undefeated. I usually, not always, root for the guy to win. I didn't root for MJ or Lebron. But looking back I'm glad I got to see them both play. Kobe too. I never rooted for Kobe.

Why am I negative towards these great athletes? Because they don't play for my team. If they did things would be different. I loved Dennis Rodman and Bill Lambier.

Let me quote your hero on why I am negative. When they asked Trump why people hate on Clinton (Or Biden) he said

A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.

It's what you do, and not just in this thread. I pointed out the obvious, why you mad bro?
No I'm embracing it and trying to keep the thread going. It's about golf. It's bigger than me. Golf is bigger than Tiger too but Tiger owned it while he was there. Like the Rock and WWE. It'll go on without you Rocky.

I root for our American golfers. I want them to make the sport more interesting. This is a PR firms job. Jesus christ what's wrong with this sport? Maybe the guys running it are too old to know about social media?

Forum List

Back