Sex Change

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
All things being normal, physiologically, how many people would be ok if one of their children perused this option? Gender dissonance, among other things, is something I don't fully understand, however, I don't know how I would handle it if my daughter decided she wanted to make the 'transition'.

Wow, that's a tough one. We love our children unconditionally, so we would have to accept their choice, right? It is their body.

Would I be happy about my daughter turning into a man? Not really.

Would I still love her and accept her for her choice? Yes, without a doubt.

I wonder if anyone on here knows anyone that has gone through this? I would be interested to hear their thoughts on this.

Wow, that's a tough one. We love our children unconditionally, so we would have to accept their choice, right? It is their body.

I wonder if anyone on here knows anyone that has gone through this? I would be interested to hear their thoughts on this.

very well put

All things being normal, physiologically, how many people would be ok if one of their children perused this option? Gender dissonance, among other things, is something I don't fully understand, however, I don't know how I would handle it if my daughter decided she wanted to make the 'transition'.

Best bet, let them explore it, believe me, it will likely save their life and often after they experiment they will change their minds, best to let them get the idea out of their head early. There are a lot of people who were forced to wait until they were older, then went "all the way" only to realize afterward that they didn't want it. As an adult they can do much more to change, but as a child the only real difference is clothing and acting, they don't do medical treatment like that for children and it doesn't matter then anyway. Also since they are not confusing it with sex they will get to experience all that is involved with it before making any final commitments. It's the same advice I give for anyone who thinks their kid is gay, let them explore the lifestyle before they are sexually active.

For anyone who thinks that transgendered people are sexual deviants, watch this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utpam0IGYac[/ame]

I actually agree with that, KK. I would be more comfortable that, even into adulthood than I would with medical treatment. I"ve read what you were saying about regrets and whatnot.

I don't understand why parents stress about their young children being gay. My cousin was like that, convinced her daughter was gay 'a mother knows'. I think she liked sports and stuff. When my daughter was four, she wore the same Hulk t-shirt until it practically grew legs and ran away. Who cares.

For anyone who thinks that transgendered people are sexual deviants, watch this...

Excellent video Xotoxi. It works for almost all lifestyles to, not just them. Even as we begin to understand what little of the brain we do, we are learning that the society around us is often wrong. The entire GLBT community is like this, as well as many others, it's not about sex, it's not about wanting to be different, it's just who people are, for without all the colors the rainbow of life does not have any beauty. Also if parents force their children to ignore these innocent needs, the outcome is far worse than they can imagine.

Here's the rest of the show...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8F9CaPyQz8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W17z6KeiNY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkQlWUX_eI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_yE5WILJc[/ame]

Take a look at this sexual deviant.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5usRgY720[/ame]

I haven't personally known anyone who has gone through the operation, but I have known one man and one woman who wanted to and who were living as the opposite gender.

I agree with you EZ. A mother normally loves their child regardless of the choices the child makes. To say we are happy about all their choices is a different matter.

The only transvestite I have personally known moved into a rental house I had with a gal I rented to. He/she had a lot of personal issues. He had been married and had a seventeen year old son taht would not speak to him. That bothered him a lot from what he told me. He said he had thought he had made a bad choice. I listened to his life's story as he poured out his heart one day on my front porch. To me it was very sad to here his story. Not sure how many people could watch a person cry for hours and listen to all their problems without having some feeling of sympathy for that person. After that he dropped off the keys to the rental house one day and I never saw him again. He was from the KC area. He had said he was moving back there and going to work at building a relationship with his son if his son would accept him.

The gal that had rented the house from me gave me her version of their relationship. (No I did not ask. I told her it really was none of my business. She said she wanted me to know. So I listened) From her version it was a sick relationship fill w/ sex and drugs. She now lives with a guy on a farm not to far down the road. I had loaned her a commercial vac and had went to pick it up since she had not returned it and I needed it. They seemed happy. Have not seen her since either.

my view...the body is a vehicle....merely to take your soul thru life...if your soul gets slapped into the wrong vehicle....then you have ever right to modifiy the vehicle...we dont go into shock when woman have implants...or males take sex enhancements drugs etc..

how would if feel if my son became my daughter...i would mourn the lost of my son....just as he had died...a lot of my hopes would die with him...have i mentioned this grandchild thing? would i love my new daughters...given time and patience and open communication...i would....he would make a horrible looking female ....

all i want for my son is happiness and to be loved...is that not what we all want for our kids...sure he marries a short black jew....i aint gonna be all happy...but we will be having beige babies and learning what being jewish is all about....all i want for my son is love and happiness....like the "all"

If my child felt they were trapped in the wrong gender body and wanted to change that I'd support them in that decision.

I agree with you EZ. A mother normally loves their child regardless of the choices the child makes. To say we are happy about all their choices is a different matter.

The only transvestite I have personally known moved into a rental house I had with a gal I rented to. He/she had a lot of personal issues. He had been married and had a seventeen year old son taht would not speak to him. That bothered him a lot from what he told me. He said he had thought he had made a bad choice. I listened to his life's story as he poured out his heart one day on my front porch. To me it was very sad to here his story. Not sure how many people could watch a person cry for hours and listen to all their problems without having some feeling of sympathy for that person. After that he dropped off the keys to the rental house one day and I never saw him again. He was from the KC area. He had said he was moving back there and going to work at building a relationship with his son if his son would accept him.

The gal that had rented the house from me gave me her version of their relationship. (No I did not ask. I told her it really was none of my business. She said she wanted me to know. So I listened) From her version it was a sick relationship fill w/ sex and drugs. She now lives with a guy on a farm not to far down the road. I had loaned her a commercial vac and had went to pick it up since she had not returned it and I needed it. They seemed happy. Have not seen her since either.

There are a lot of men that pretend to be women in the KC area.

if you insist...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXIykBsqcoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXIykBsqcoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Forum List

Back