What kind of seminars do you enjoy?

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
I just returned from an experiential five day one called the Embodied Life. It was a combination of focusing techniques created by Eugene Gendlin, awareness through movement lessons by Moshe Feldenkrais, and sitting meditation sessions out of the martial arts schools originating in Japan.

I really found it refreshing, and the techniques are easy to apply and practice in my daily life.

What interests you?

I attended a 2 day workshop on autism. It was very informative and educational. Even after teaching students with autism for 12 years, there was still a lot about them I did not know. There are so many spectrums of autism, and EACH child is unique and special.

I loved it!

• Banned
I have to say being at a hot springs resort with exquisitely, delicious vegetarian dining by a roaring river in a remote area added to the enjoyment of the seminar topic.

i like customer service ones and ones on packing....i enjoy any type of glass seminar....and i do enjoy cooking classes if that counts...i am not one to go to the deep meditation ones...i went on a wagon hay ride with a bunch one time and sware never again...i prefer things that are informative....hell i am about as against self betterment as you can get...all that bullshit on this theory or that...from feud on up..its just turtles

I like the occassional seminar involving a summer day, a shady spot, a bunch of people sitting around, shooting the breeze and drinking beer.

Oh? Some of you think that's not a seminar?

I beg to differ

En vino veritas.

I like the occassional seminar involving a summer day, a shady spot, a bunch of people sitting around, shooting the breeze and drinking beer.

I beg to differ

En vino veritas.

Actually ... I love those ones to, but on the beach or lake.

• Banned

I beg to differ

En vino veritas.

Actually ... I love those ones to, but on the beach or lake.

That's the common denominator, we like the ones that are restorative.

I attended a 3-day stockdog seminar that was awesome...my dog got to work with both sheep and cattle and I learned some things I didn't know before about handling him. The only bad thing about it was I realized how out of shape I was in....so, next clinic - I'll be in better shape ;)

I would have to have my dead body drug to one.

not a problem; however, there will be a small additional fee

as for seminars, i don't care as long as they make it engrossing
blues cruise, meeting continuing education requirements, skills building, crafts exploration
whatever, just so long as it is time purposely spent

Last edited:
when i was was coaching soccer i used to go to a seminar every year on coaching......almost everything i learned over those 20 years was applicable to running my company.....

now i go on a yearly retreat with my family to a mountain lodge to listen to various speakers talk about how to stay sane in an insane world....

Well, I have to go to continuing education seminars for my job every year, since retaining my license requires 10 hours every year of continuing ed. Not something done for fun, although it's interesting and the networking is good.

I love going to classes when I'm at SCA events, because there are always people teaching things I don't know how to do. I've gone to classes on how to build my own medieval tent, designing and fitting outfits from various medieval periods, how to bake bread in a medieval brick oven . . . I've taught classes on beginning-level chainmail.

As for seminars I attend on my other interests . . . probably not something to be discussed in mixed company. :)

I beg to differ

En vino veritas.

The neighbor and I just finished having a few beers while leaning on the bed of my truck. We solved most of the worlds problems while doing so. Too bad we have politicians in the way.
I think I'll take a nap.

I beg to differ

En vino veritas.

The neighbor and I just finished having a few beers while leaning on the bed of my truck. We solved most of the worlds problems while doing so. Too bad we have politicians in the way.
I think I'll take a nap.

Is that like a seminar with yourself?

Forum List

Back