SeveN Fired Coaches and not One Team That can Use Tebow?

The relevant facts are that he only won against sub .500 teams. His only year with a decent rating he only threw 8 passes and scored 0 points.

Yeah, he got his chance and didn't make the grade.

Is he improving? That doesn't matter. The NFL is where the best go to play, not to learn to play.

It is not discrimination. It is decisions based on what is best to win and what is best for the team. NFL teams will go to great lengths for someone they think will help them. So obviously none of the people in charge of the NFL teams think Tebow is the answer for their team.

Accept it. Tebow is done playing in the NFL. But you will still be able to see your hero when he is announcing games, like the rest who can't play anymore.

Kluwe is right. The NFL is big business, and teams don't want anything political whatsoever threatening their revenue stream. It's not merely about on the field performance as you foolishly want to see it. If it were, Kluwe would be punting and Tebow would be a back-up QB (possibly competing for a starting job) next season.

I don't think Tebow is very good. But he definitely seems to be getting Kluwe'd a.k.a. blackballed.

I don't think Tebow was that good, but if Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton could fine jobs as back ups, certainly Tebow should be able to.

Tebow wasn't 'that good.' And I doubt he ever was going to be 'that good.' However, he was top five as far as QBs who could run, and he was a play maker if not a good pocket passer.

And yea, Grossman is the worst QB I've ever seen in the NFL. Many high school QBs in any given year are better than him. It boggles my mind to this day that he started so many games, and even made it to a Super Bowl (damn, the 06 Bears defense was good!)

And Orton wasn't as bad; but he was bad enough to be behind Grossman at times! :eek:

Tebow sucks, his most recent playing time was pre-season games for New England. He played so well he got cut.

Very true. But there's definitely a lot of bigotry (or bias otherwise) against Tebow. I have no doubt that he would be a minimum of a back-up QB somewhere if he were just another guy. This is what I see, and I have my own Tebow 'biases.'

Any team that signs Tebow gets a lot more than just a shitty backup QB, they also get the circus of sideshow freaks that follows him everywhere he goes. It doesn't take a conspiracy or any collusion for most teams to conclude (independently) it's simply not worth it.

They get a QB with an 84.5 rating in his last year, who led his team to a first round victory in the play offs and whom other QBs who have reviewed his passing say he is a very good passer now.

You are simply lying about all this; why all the hate for a young QB like this?

Because he doesn't have a felony record? lol

Yup, that's it.

Just like you hate Obama because he's a ******, right. :thup:

Once again, if Tebow wasn't a grandstanding bible-thumper, then Jimbo wouldn't give two shits about the fact that he's a failed NFL quarterback.

Does anybody believe otherwise?

I don't think Tebow is very good. But he definitely seems to be getting Kluwe'd a.k.a. blackballed.

I don't think Tebow was that good, but if Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton could fine jobs as back ups, certainly Tebow should be able to.

But those guys don't have legions of freaks that follow them around and demand they start every time the starter throws an incomplete pass.

No backup is worth that kind of distraction.

First off, holy spam! If you think posting the same links over and over is making a difference, you are right.....it makes people think you are unable to make a real point and instead have to try and bludgeon your opinion into others with spam. :)

Now, the NFL becomes more of a passing league every year. So I would say it's hard to compare the stats of older QBs with Tebow because the game is played differently.

So let's stick to the more modern QBs. Of those, only Eli Manning is close to as low statistically as Tebow. I remember Manning had quite a few questions early on about his ability to be an NFL starting quarterback because of his poor play. Actually, if it weren't for the Giants playoff runs, I think people would still be questioning Manning's ability to be a successful starter; he's been mediocre at best for most of his regular seasons.

Denver won games with Tebow as QB. That's not in question. Tebow may be an excellent leader and teammate. His passing, however, has never been particularly good in the NFL. Has he improved that? It's certainly possible. On the other hand, he's had multiple years in the NFL where he did not significantly improve his passing. Even if he's become a better passer, it may be too late for other teams to take a chance. He was fired from the team he won a playoff game with, couldn't find success on a Jets team in desperate need of a good quarterback, and couldn't keep a job as a backup on the Patriots. It's completely reasonable that other teams aren't beating down his door.

The NFL is generally a pass-oriented league, and Tebow has never been an exceptional passing quarterback (he's often been very bad IMO, but he's certainly never been a great passing QB). There are some running quarterbacks playing, but I think each is a better passer than Tebow. Even if they are not, most teams are looking for a guy who can sling the ball around rather than one who can run it. Hell, Jay Cutler got a big contract.

If Tebow didn't have the controversy around him, maybe he'd be a third stringer or backup somewhere. It's hard to say. But why is a team going to take a chance on a guy that they never expect to be their starting QB?

First off, holy spam! If you think posting the same links over and over is making a difference, you are right.....it makes people think you are unable to make a real point and instead have to try and bludgeon your opinion into others with spam. :)

Now, the NFL becomes more of a passing league every year. So I would say it's hard to compare the stats of older QBs with Tebow because the game is played differently.

So let's stick to the more modern QBs. Of those, only Eli Manning is close to as low statistically as Tebow. I remember Manning had quite a few questions early on about his ability to be an NFL starting quarterback because of his poor play. Actually, if it weren't for the Giants playoff runs, I think people would still be questioning Manning's ability to be a successful starter; he's been mediocre at best for most of his regular seasons.

Denver won games with Tebow as QB. That's not in question. Tebow may be an excellent leader and teammate. His passing, however, has never been particularly good in the NFL. Has he improved that? It's certainly possible. On the other hand, he's had multiple years in the NFL where he did not significantly improve his passing. Even if he's become a better passer, it may be too late for other teams to take a chance. He was fired from the team he won a playoff game with, couldn't find success on a Jets team in desperate need of a good quarterback, and couldn't keep a job as a backup on the Patriots. It's completely reasonable that other teams aren't beating down his door.

The NFL is generally a pass-oriented league, and Tebow has never been an exceptional passing quarterback (he's often been very bad IMO, but he's certainly never been a great passing QB). There are some running quarterbacks playing, but I think each is a better passer than Tebow. Even if they are not, most teams are looking for a guy who can sling the ball around rather than one who can run it. Hell, Jay Cutler got a big contract.

If Tebow didn't have the controversy around him, maybe he'd be a third stringer or backup somewhere. It's hard to say. But why is a team going to take a chance on a guy that they never expect to be their starting QB?

There are a good 6-10 NFL quality QBs in this years draft

Doesn't look like Tebow will be finding work soon

Tebow wasn't 'that good.' And I doubt he ever was going to be 'that good.' However, he was top five as far as QBs who could run, and he was a play maker if not a good pocket passer.

And yea, Grossman is the worst QB I've ever seen in the NFL. Many high school QBs in any given year are better than him. It boggles my mind to this day that he started so many games, and even made it to a Super Bowl (damn, the 06 Bears defense was good!)

And Orton wasn't as bad; but he was bad enough to be behind Grossman at times! :eek:

But here is the trick about all this; Tebow broke all kinds of college records and did his thing in 2011 and improved the next year with the Jets, all the time with horrible passing mechanics, throwing off the wrong foot, etc.

How much better can he play now? The pro QBs agree that have seen him train; they guy can pass now. And note: his problems were always with short passes, not long ones. He mostly ran himself for the shorter yardage.

Hopefully he won't have any problems passing the clicker as he enjoys watching the NFL playoffs from the comfort of his couch.

But....

1. All the QBs that have evaluated him has said he can pass just fine now.

2. He showed remarkable improvement with the Jets though he didn't get enough play time to confirm the progress very much statistically, what he did get was very well done.

3. He learned a very complicated offensive scheme with New England and by his last preseason game he had some decent stats for a new QB.

4. I seriously doubt your skills at evaluating QBs you have never watched practice in person, so ..... I guess everyone has one.

Once again, if Tebow wasn't a grandstanding bible-thumper, then Jimbo wouldn't give two shits about the fact that he's a failed NFL quarterback.

lol, now, not only are you an expert QB evaluator from remote location, but you can also do remote psych evals, and I bet you don't even have a license to practice, roflmao.

Damn, you are a stupid ****.

But....

2. He showed remarkable improvement with the Jets though he didn't get enough play time to confirm the progress very much statistically, what he did get was very well done.

3. He learned a very complicated offensive scheme with New England and by his last preseason game he had some decent stats for a new QB.

4. I seriously doubt your skills at evaluating QBs you have never watched practice in person, so ..... I guess everyone has one.

Every NFL team has seen what Tebow has to offer. He is not an NFL talent
Tebow got worse with the Jets as the season went on. He could not execute plays in practice....that is why they didn't allow him to try them in games
New England was his last chance....he blew it

Yea his stint with New England in the preseason this past year, which is his most recent play - was painful to watch, embarrassing.

But....

Here's the thing.....I would guess that most NFL teams are more interested in actual game play than practice, if it's available. Tebow may be a monster in practice, but in the NFL games he's played, his passing has been sub-par. That shows both in watching him play and in looking at his stats.

More, while he may well have improved his passing, it needed so much improvement that saying it's better is not necessarily saying much.

Finally, even if he is now a passer on par with the current best, it's unlikely that teams are going to check that because he doesn't have a good passing resume. If he's lucky, one of the teams that currently has a mobile QB will look at him for a backup role. That's the only scenario that seems at all likely for his return to the NFL.

If NFL teams thought he was skilled enough to be a QB, someone would have him on their roster. Maybe they are wrong, there have been plenty of cases of people being misjudged in football. I don't think they are based on the play I've seen from him.

lol, now, not only are you an expert QB evaluator from remote location, but you can also do remote psych evals, and I bet you don't even have a license to practice, roflmao.

Damn, you are a stupid ****.

Ha! The pathetic twat doesn't even deny it. :lol:

Let's cut to the chase...

If there was a college called Billy Bob's Bible College ... Tebow would be a perfect fit for coach...that is if he was smart enough to be a coach..which has not been proven.

There is "promoting" one's religion like Wilson and some others do by "thanking god for blessing them with thier ability"...blah...blah...blah...

Then there is Tim Tebow that vocally and physically promotes his religion in a bizarre spectacle ritual. He is the kind of religious protagenoust that would spend all his time organizing manditory group prayers and other such nonsense. The fact is that not every player on a team is a devout and vocal Christian... there are muslims and Lordy lordy .. there are even non belivers.

The QB is supposed to be a natural leader of the WHOLE team...not the Sunday School organizer.

I'm dog tired of hearing peeps go on and on about Tebows football skills. They have shown what they are and if he wasn't such a distraction he would probably be an OK backup. But he is not...HE IS A DISTRACTION !!!!

I am going to call a spade a spade. An uncontrollable religious zealot is just as much a cancer in a locker room as any other cancer in a locker room.

Forum List

Back