SeveN Fired Coaches and not One Team That can Use Tebow?

There are 5 wide receivers and 2 punters who had higher QB ratings than Tebow last year. Why aren't they on an NFL roster as a QB? :cuckoo:

Tebow threw EIGHT passes last year. That is statistically insignificant. It's meaningless. It's a rare game where a quarterback only throws 8 passes, let alone an entire season.

In Tebow's only year as a starter, he ended up 47th in yards per game, 57th in QB rating, 56th in yards per pass, and 77th in completion percentage. None of these rankings would make anyone think he should be even a backup QB.

Do you want me to explain the lack of logic, or are you talking out of your ass for effect?

Please explain! :popcorn:

Since I got my statistics from NFL.com, it can't be my facts you think are a matter of me talking out of my ass. So please, explain how either 8 passes is statistically significant, or how Tebow's passing ranks in the season he played as the starter are indicative of a player that should be on an NFL roster. :)
We....er...I mean...the Gay Mafia got to them too.

The idea that any criticism of Tebow's quarterbacking skills is merely veiled bigotry toward Christians is about as valid as the idea that any criticism of Obama's leadership is merely veiled racism.

Very true. But there's definitely a lot of bigotry (or bias otherwise) against Tebow. I have no doubt that he would be a minimum of a back-up QB somewhere if he were just another guy. This is what I see, and I have my own Tebow 'biases.'

Any team that signs Tebow gets a lot more than just a shitty backup QB, they also get the circus of sideshow freaks that follows him everywhere he goes. It doesn't take a conspiracy or any collusion for most teams to conclude (independently) it's simply not worth it.

This.

Tebow is an okay to bad NFL QB. There are probably a number of teams where he could conceivably be a backup or 3rd stringer were it not for the circus that follows him (which, for the record, I really don't blame him for). I think Tebow seems like a good guy who just wants to play football. I genuinely feel for him that he can't find a team because of his fans. But I also genuinely believe that the opposition to signing him is based far more in that than in any anti-Christian bias or "gay mafia" strong-arming.

Honestly, the Jets screwed him. The mishandling of that situation, the implosion of that team, the endless QB controversies, Rex Ryan's posturing...I can't really blame all the other teams from getting scared off. And Tebow did nothing wrong there, but that situation was BAD for everyone. No team is going to invite that in for a backup QB.

The Patriots were one of the ONLY teams he could have ended up with. That situation might have worked because 1. they could handle the circus and 2. there was no QB controversy. It doesn't matter if Brady has a bad game or two, no one is going to actually call for him to be benched for Tebow. A couple of other teams can claim that level of starting QB, but almost none also have a team where the motto is essentially to shut up, keep your head down and do your job the same way the Patriots do.

For Tebow's brief tenure there, the Pats essentially shut down the circus. They actually pulled some brilliant moves too. For example, they named Tebow one of their two designated star players for 2013 (along with Brady). Seems like they were playing into the hype, right? Not really. Players designated as stars are only required to meet with the media once a week, and realistically, the team can choose to make that media meeting whenever they want (aka, they can make it incredibly inconvenient for media members).

If rosters were larger the Pats probably would've kept him around. Kraft liked him and from all accounts I read he seemed like a positive person in the locker room. But he didn't fit their needs, unfortunately, and I'm not sure if there's another team in the NFL as uniquely equipped to deal with what the Jets turned Tebow's career into.

The idea that any criticism of Tebow's quarterbacking skills is merely veiled bigotry toward Christians is about as valid as the idea that any criticism of Obama's leadership is merely veiled racism.

Very true. But there's definitely a lot of bigotry (or bias otherwise) against Tebow. I have no doubt that he would be a minimum of a back-up QB somewhere if he were just another guy. This is what I see, and I have my own Tebow 'biases.'

I think the comments you can read on most Tebow stories make the motivations of the haters fairly straight forward; about half dislike his overt display of religion, and about half hate him because they think he is over-rated.

But the relevant statistics of his only year as a starter, his last year as a back up, the stats from his playoff win over Pittsburg and the fact that so many pro QBs and trainers say his passing flaws are fixed now, all combine to suggest he is a good buy right now.

But still not one NFL team will pick him up and so he is going into broad casting, and of course the haters are saying that is why other broadcasters are giving him favorable reviews, to get him out of their profession, lol.

The hatred toward Tebow makes no sense at all without his overt Christianity in consideration.

So we have an unsigned young QB, who broke almost every record for his position in college, who is said to be a very good passer now by other pro QBs and QB trainers, who has successful playoff experience, and no NFL team will touch him, not even desperate losing teams with bad QBs, because......?

Why?

Lol, you assert that a QB with a last year QB rating of 84.5 'sucks as an NFL quarterback', then you slam on Peyton Manning, and call the 2011 Steelers a losing team.

And you call me dishonest?

you are a fucking fool.

Please, go sterilize yourself and spare the human race.

There are 5 wide receivers and 2 punters who had higher QB ratings than Tebow last year. Why aren't they on an NFL roster as a QB? :cuckoo:

Tebow threw EIGHT passes last year. That is statistically insignificant. It's meaningless. It's a rare game where a quarterback only throws 8 passes, let alone an entire season.

In Tebow's only year as a starter, he ended up 47th in yards per game, 57th in QB rating, 56th in yards per pass, and 77th in completion percentage. None of these rankings would make anyone think he should be even a backup QB.

Do you want me to explain the lack of logic, or are you talking out of your ass for effect?

The dude is an idiot, you are wasting your time as I wasted mine.

Any team that signs Tebow gets a lot more than just a shitty backup QB, they also get the circus of sideshow freaks that follows him everywhere he goes. It doesn't take a conspiracy or any collusion for most teams to conclude (independently) it's simply not worth it.

They get a QB with an 84.5 rating in his last year, who led his team to a first round victory in the play offs and whom other QBs who have reviewed his passing say he is a very good passer now.

You are simply lying about all this; why all the hate for a young QB like this?

Because he doesn't have a felony record? lol

I heard Tebow has signed a contract to do commentary for the new SEC Network. However, said contract WOULD permit him to play if he is offered the chance.

A win-win for this great guy!

I am looking forward to hearing how well he analyzes games, but you know the haters will say he is stupid and twist anything they can to make him look stupid.

Haters are always gonna hate.

Tebow is in your face about it, and that is why the Christ haters are trying to destroy his career.

Right, because getting bible verses permanently and prominently tattooed on your arms isn't "in your face" about it.

Keep swinging Casey. :rofl:

Hmm I thought it was his inability to complete a pass that did that.

This is what I am talking about; why the overt hatred for this guy?

His 84.5 rating from his last year and 75% completion average is NOT an easy thing to do in the pros ESPECIALLY when you only get a dozen snaps or so.

But they is totally ignored by haters like yourself, no, Tebow is shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, no matter WHAT he does, lol.

You guys have something deeply flawed in your character to find so much pleasure in hating an innocent young person like this.

Would it help if he shot a cop or something? roflmao

Right, because getting bible verses permanently and prominently tattooed on your arms isn't "in your face" about it.

Keep swinging Casey. :rofl:

His 84.5 rating from his last year and 75% completion average is NOT an easy thing to do in the pros ESPECIALLY when you only get a dozen snaps or so.

But they is totally ignored by haters like yourself, no, Tebow is shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, no matter WHAT he does, lol.

You guys have something deeply flawed in your character to find so much pleasure in hating an innocent young person like this.

Once again....there were multiple non-quarterbacks with a better QB rating than Tebow last year. If it's so hard to have a high completion % or rating with a low number of attempts, why were those at the top of the list the ones with the fewest attempts?

An 84.5 rating on 8 pass attempts is basically meaningless. A 120 rating would be meaningless. A 20 rating would be meaningless. It is not a large enough sample size to make a judgement on.

Once again....there were multiple non-quarterbacks with a better QB rating than Tebow last year. If it's so hard to have a high completion % or rating with a low number of attempts, why were those at the top of the list the ones with the fewest attempts?

An 84.5 rating on 8 pass attempts is basically meaningless. A 120 rating would be meaningless. A 20 rating would be meaningless. It is not a large enough sample size to make a judgement on.

What is meaningful is that the New York Jets spent a year trying to work Tebow into their offense and couldn't do it.

Tebow with his "85" rating couldn't beat out Sanchez?

Last edited:

I think the comments you can read on most Tebow stories make the motivations of the haters fairly straight forward; about half dislike his overt display of religion, and about half hate him because they think he is over-rated.

But the relevant statistics of his only year as a starter, his last year as a back up, the stats from his playoff win over Pittsburg and the fact that so many pro QBs and trainers say his passing flaws are fixed now, all combine to suggest he is a good buy right now.

But still not one NFL team will pick him up and so he is going into broad casting, and of course the haters are saying that is why other broadcasters are giving him favorable reviews, to get him out of their profession, lol.

The hatred toward Tebow makes no sense at all without his overt Christianity in consideration.

I posted his rankings in relevant passing statistics in his only year as a starter. None, not a single one, was in the top 46 in the league. For example, his passer rating of 72.9 was 57th in the league. Even if you remove all the players who had fewer than 25 pass attempts, he's 39th in the league. But here you are touting his stats as having been incredibly good. :lmao:

His religious beliefs or lack thereof have nothing to do with the statistical facts.

This.

Tebow is an okay to bad NFL QB.

Closer to OK in my book.

There are probably a number of teams where he could conceivably be a backup or 3rd stringer were it not for the circus that follows him (which, for the record, I really don't blame him for).

That circus has two major components; the haters and the lovers. The haters seem to be mostly anti-Christian bigots, and the lovers seem to be evangelicals and Pentecostals who have friends, relatives or come from the SE US. the arguments are mighty easy to kick off and they get heated.

As you said, none of this is Tebows fault, but he gets the impact from it all.

Why are there so few NFL team managers and coaches who can handle this kind of thing? Why so many pussies at the helm of the NFL?

I think Tebow seems like a good guy who just wants to play football. I genuinely feel for him that he can't find a team because of his fans. But I also genuinely believe that the opposition to signing him is based far more in that than in any anti-Christian bias or "gay mafia" strong-arming.

They play off of each other. But you seem to be giving the GLAAD/Queer Militants a pass when they are the other half of the coin.

Honestly, the Jets screwed him. The mishandling of that situation, the implosion of that team, the endless QB controversies, Rex Ryan's posturing...I can't really blame all the other teams from getting scared off. And Tebow did nothing wrong there, but that situation was BAD for everyone. No team is going to invite that in for a backup QB.

Not sure how the Jets situation follows Tebow around. the 2012 Jets coach and management were pretty much recognized as a bunch of incompetents.

The Patriots were one of the ONLY teams he could have ended up with. That situation might have worked because 1. they could handle the circus and 2. there was no QB controversy. It doesn't matter if Brady has a bad game or two, no one is going to actually call for him to be benched for Tebow. A couple of other teams can claim that level of starting QB, but almost none also have a team where the motto is essentially to shut up, keep your head down and do your job the same way the Patriots do.

So don't the Patriots in effect have a third string QB in Tebow? If One of their top[ two went down, isn't it pretty likely that Tebow would get a call?

The guy doesn't just need a QB trainer; he needs a PR firm.

If rosters were larger the Pats probably would've kept him around. Kraft liked him and from all accounts I read he seemed like a positive person in the locker room. But he didn't fit their needs, unfortunately, and I'm not sure if there's another team in the NFL as uniquely equipped to deal with what the Jets turned Tebow's career into.

I don't think the odds were good that Tebow was going to stay on the roster at NE. Despite his solid performance in his last game there, he wasn't going to displace the top two QBs. I think he saw it as a learning experience and to keep his name in circulation.

My bet is that McDaniels gets signed with another team as head coach and he will call in Tebow, in all likelihood.

McDanieals at Cleveland with Michjael Lombardi, who also loves Tebow, sounds kind a likely now, but Tebow needs some good PR to make McDaniels and Lombardi not look like fools for taking a chance on the guy.

Tim Tebow important part of McDaniels interview - Blogs - The CantonRep

In his role as lead analyst of the National Football Post, Lombardi said shortly before the 2010 draft:
"The intangibles are so strong with Tebow in terms of work ethic and what he'll want to do to be a great player.
"I just don't want to underestimate those intangibles and that leadership. Leadership is essentially what makes a quarterback in the NFL become great."
Lombardi touched on Tebow's fame and unconventional playing style:
"It's going to take a coach with a vision."
If McDaniels isn't that coach, it would seem Tebow's shot at the NFL is over.
Lombardi went on in his pre-draft analysis of Tebow:
"He's going to have to work on his accuracy, speeding up his game, mentally and physically with the ball. It's going to take time and patience.
"Unfortunately with Tim Tebow, everybody scrutinizes every action he makes. When he gets off the bus on the wrong step or throws a bad pass in practice, people say he can't do it."
In the next breath, Lombardi defended Tebow:
"In his 40 starts at Florida he was highly productive. He found a way to make plays. At some point in the NFL — it may take three years — he will find a way to do it."
Doesn't that at least make it obvious Lombardi and McDaniels would have a discussion about Tebow?

I have a feeling that by Jan 2016, a whole lot of NFL coaches are going to be kicking themselves in the ass for passing over Tebow.

They get a QB with an 84.5 rating in his last year, who led his team to a first round victory in the play offs and whom other QBs who have reviewed his passing say he is a very good passer now.

He had an 84.5 rating because he only threw 8 passes and completed 6 of them. That is a good average, but crappy production.

A better way to describe his last year as an NFL QB is that he passed for a grand total of 39 yards, with no TDs at all. Does that sound like someone you want taking the helm?

You are simply being dishonest by using his ratings, when the actual production is far worse. He threw 8 passed, completed 6 with the longest pass being 23 yards.

I posted his rankings in relevant passing statistics in his only year as a starter. None, not a single one, was in the top 46 in the league. For example, his passer rating of 72.9 was 57th in the league. Even if you remove all the players who had fewer than 25 pass attempts, he's 39th in the league. But here you are touting his stats as having been incredibly good. :lmao:

His religious beliefs or lack thereof have nothing to do with the statistical facts.

Peyton Manning NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Peyton Manning, first year as a starter, 1998 threw 28 interceptions and a QB rating of 71.2. Completion % 56.7%, and only 3 wins

Drew Brees NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Drew Brees, first year stating record, QB rating of 76.9, second year 67.5. completion % 60.8, 57.6 second year as starter.

John Elway NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
John Elway, first year starter, QB rating 54.9, completion% 47.5%, 4 wins. Didnt get over 60% completion percentage for first ten years as a starter, failed to get a QB rating higher than 80 for first four years, getting an 83.4 his fifth year, followed by five more years with a sub80 QB rating.

Johnny Unitas NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Johny Unitas, QB legend, never had a completion percentage over 60%, 54% for his career, first year QB rating was 74.0, career QB ratinf of 78.2, won 3 games first year.

Tom Brady NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Tom Brady, first year as starter (second year in NFL) comp 63.9%, QB rating 86.5. 1st year in NFL, comp 33% and QB rating of 42.4

Eli Manning NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Eli Manning, Super bowl champion QB, first year start QB rating 55.4, comp 48.2%, did not get QB rating higher than 80 for first five years, same goes for his completion % staying south of 60% for first four years.

Warren Moon NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Warren Moon, first year as starter, comp% 57.6 QBR 76.9, completion %s stayed below 60 foir first five years, QB rating under 80 for first four.

Tim Tebow NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Tebow, first year as starter, comp% 46.5, QB rating 72.9, secondyear as backup QB 75% completion % and 84.9 QB rating.

Tebow is very good in comparison to other legendary QBs for the same point in their careers, dude.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning, first year as a starter, 1998 threw 28 interceptions and a QB rating of 71.2. Completion % 56.7%, and only 3 wins

Drew Brees, first year stating record, QB rating of 76.9, second year 67.5. completion % 60.8, 57.6 second year as starter.

John Elway, first year starter, QB rating 54.9, completion% 47.5%, 4 wins. Didnt get over 60% completion percentage for first ten years as a starter, failed to get a QB rating higher than 80 for first four years, getting an 83.4 his fifth year, followed by five more years with a sub80 QB rating.

Johny Unitas, QB legend, never had a completion percentage over 60%, 54% for his career, first year QB rating was 74.0, career QB ratinf of 78.2, won 3 games first year.

Tom Brady, first year as starter (second year in NFL) comp 63.9%, QB rating 86.5. 1st year in NFL, comp 33% and QB rating of 42.4

Eli Manning, Super bowl champion QB, first year start QB rating 55.4, comp 48.2%, did not get QB rating higher than 80 for first five years, same goes for his completion % staying south of 60% for first four years.

Warren Moon, first year as starter, comp% 57.6 QBR 76.9, completion %s stayed below 60 foir first five years, QB rating under 80 for first four.

Tebow, first year as starter, comp% 46.5, QB rating 72.9, secondyear as backup QB 75% completion % and 84.9 QB rating.

Tebow is very good in comparison to other legendary QBs for the same point in their careers, dude.

Which of those QBs did not score at all during their last season?

Which of those QB's longest pass of the season was a whopping 23 yards?

He had an 84.5 rating because he only threw 8 passes and completed 6 of them. That is a good average, but crappy production.

Yeah, the Jet coaching staff sucked that bad they wouldn't play him. Really good evaluation of Tebows QB ability. lol

A better way to describe his last year as an NFL QB is that he passed for a grand total of 39 yards, with no TDs at all. Does that sound like someone you want taking the helm?

You are simply being dishonest by using his ratings, when the actual production is far worse. He threw 8 passed, completed 6 with the longest pass being 23 yards.

Nah, here is what puts things into perspective:

Latest review of Tebows passing skill
Evaluating Tebow's Progress - ESPN Video - ESPN

Review of his play off performance vrs the steelers.
Tim Tebow by the Numbers: Breaking Passing Records vs the Pittsburgh Steelers | Bleacher Report

Forum List

Back