Serious question for atheists.

And I would appreciate a serious answer.

If there was absolute proof that God exists, would you worship Him? No commemtary required. Just a simple yes or no.
But it’s not a simple yes or no. Which god, what constitutes “worship,” what proof, and how does the proven entity differ from the current multiple conflicting claims?

See, theists have a firm idea of what “god” means, or they wouldn’t believe in any. But atheists, by definition, don’t have a belief on what any god would be like if any existed.

If some other god, different from the one you worship, we’re proven to be true, would you worship that god?
Edited the OP. Read it again
Ok... Trinitarian or non-Trinitarian? And for Jesus: Nestorian, Docetist, Monophysite, Miaphysite, or Dyophysite (Chalcedonean)?

I’m not trying to obfuscate, Zi’m trying to show the problem of perspective. From your point of view, there is clearly and obviously one God with certain properties. And it’s likely you don’t understand how it’s not clear to others.

But to atheists, all god concepts are pretty much equal (though many are still imprinted with the concept they were indoctrinated in as children).

A further problem is that I don’t think proof of a deity is possible. We have no way to evaluate a god.

Example: a burning bush talks to you and declares itself to be a God X. Well, how do you know it’s not God Y who is pretending to be X? How can you determine it’s not a demon, or a faerie, or aliens, or time-travelers, or time-traveling aliens, etc?

And that’s one of the reasons I don’t believe in any gods: even if one did exist, we couldn’t objectively know it.

Your turn: Christian God of the Bible.
What would you do if there was clear proof that the Tanakh (Old Testament to you) was true, but the New Testament was clearly all false?

I don’t think you realized how complex and interesting your question is.

Last edited:
the question is '''impossible'''
it's like saying ''if Germany won WW2''', could this or that...blah blah blah
Then you have proof God does not exist? Please elaborate.
Do you have proof "god" does exist?
Please elaborate.
The laws of nature existed before space and time were created from nothing.
How can you demonstrate that? And the concept of “nothing” is interesting. If I say there is nothing in my hands, my hands still exist (we’ll ignore air and microscopic particles). But when you talk about nothing before the universe, that means no space, either...no frame. So there really can’t be nothing at all.

If there was absolute proof that God exists, would you worship Him? No commemtary required. Just a simple yes or no.
EDIT: I'M REFERRING TO THE CHRISTIAN GOD IN THE BIBLE.
Sure, why not?

But given that there is no proof, why do you worship him?

Why do you refer to God as him?

Does he have genitals?

Please elaborate.
How can you demonstrate that? And the concept of “nothing” is interesting. If I say there is nothing in my hands, my hands still exist (we’ll ignore air and microscopic particles). But when you talk about nothing before the universe, that means no space, either...no frame. So there really can’t be nothing at all.
Because the creation of space and time followed laws or rules. Specifically, quantum mechanics and conservation.

Please elaborate.
Matter and energy cannot exist outside of space and time because the existence of matter and energy creates space and time.

Hell no.

If I'm wrong and he does exist he's got a lot to answer for.
lol I can picture you now, hands on hips, scowl on your face, giving a big lecture to God at the Pearly Gates. Serve him right, too.

Hell no.

If I'm wrong and he does exist he's got a lot to answer for.
lol I can picture you now, hands on hips, scowl on your face, giving a big lecture to God at the Pearly Gates. Serve him right, too.
Again, if I'm wrong and he does exist, I won't be showing up at the "pearly gates".

If there is a God, I will shake his hand and buy him a beer

Why does God demand that he be worshipped?

Shouldn’t that be voluntary?

hahhahahhaahah
been over this 100 MILLION times
if you claim there is a god, YOU have to prove it--not the other way around
I can claim all kinds of crap:
I went to the moon with Taylor Swift
god took me to Alaska
the Eiffel Tower grew 10 feet
etc
that doesn't mean it's true if you claim it
like a court of law, the people who claim anything have to prove it--or else it's bullshit

Please elaborate.
Because the creation of space and time followed laws or rules. Specifically, quantum mechanics and conservation.
“Followed laws ir rules.” Are you saying mass and energy had a choice not to follow them?

You are thinking of the word “law” as it’s used in a society: an arbitrary decision enforced by threat of force. Those laws can be disobeyed.

Laws of physics are simply descriptions of how things work. That doesn’t require a lawmaker. Things don’t decide whether or not to fall and get punished by God if they decide not to.

So to rephrase your statement: “Because the creation of space and time occurred in a consistent, definable, predictable manner. Specifically quantum mechanics and conservation.

Please elaborate.
“Followed laws ir rules.” Are you saying mass and energy had a choice not to follow them?

You are thinking of the word “law” as it’s used in a society: an arbitrary decision enforced by threat of force. Those laws can be disobeyed.

Laws of physics are simply descriptions of how things work. That doesn’t require a lawmaker. Things don’t decide whether or not to fall and get punished by God if they decide not to.

So to rephrase your statement: “Because the creation of space and time occurred in a consistent, definable, predictable manner. Specifically quantum mechanics and conservation.
No. I am saying they had to be in place before space and time were created so they could follow them.

No

Please elaborate.
Matter and energy cannot exist outside of space and time because the existence of matter and energy creates space and time.
Your logic is tortured here. If it is true that matter and energy create space and time, then they would have to exist outside if space and time in order to create it. The creator has to exist prior to the creation.

Forum List

Back