Sending Kids to jail for profit

In many states they are already privatized. The sending kids to reform was big money in California 40 years ago. CA was collecting their money from insurance back when for it.

• Banned
To think some scumbag would make profits from the false incarceration of children is just soooo screwed.

People seem to have NO morals anymore.

This is nothing new, jail is big business. There are 2 million people locked up in america 85% of them black. We are in need of a 2nd look at the law books, and the judges, I think white judges hate black people, and that's why they become judges, so they can sentence blacks to 100 years.

This is nothing new, jail is big business. There are 2 million people locked up in america 85% of them black. We are in need of a 2nd look at the law books, and the judges, I think white judges hate black people, and that's why they become judges, so they can sentence blacks to 100 years.

You are such a fucking idiot.

Or maybe the blacks shouldn't be committing crimes?

but I may be some crazy white guy, what do I know

Any references to prove that two million your claiming are locked up or are you related to Pelosi?

Or maybe the blacks shouldn't be committing crimes?

but I may be some crazy white guy, what do I know

You know what, we're not going to get into this, we all know the truth. My first statement may have been a little bit hard, its not about black and white, its about justice, and its about peace, and we can't have peace until they cleans up the dirty that has been dropped. Blacks are only 12-14 percent of the population, but we commit more crimes?? Something isn't adding up, marden day slavery. Thats just the way its.

yeah it could be slavery....

or maybe JUST MAYBE

All those black people in Jail (probably 99% of them) broke the law and are in jail for it....just like all the white guys in jail, and the mexicans, and puerto ricans etc..

Any references to prove that two million your claiming are locked up or are you related to Pelosi?

Locked Up in Land of the Free

yeah it could be slavery....

or maybe JUST MAYBE

All those black people in Jail (probably 99% of them) broke the law and are in jail for it....just like all the white guys in jail, and the mexicans, and puerto ricans etc..

I feel what you are saying, but how can blacks make up 85% of the jail. Mane you know something isn't right.

because the majorityof Ubran Ghettos are populated with African Americans, and this is where crime is most common due to their economic situations

Why not set up policies that allow certain social conditions to fester... then when there is an increase of crime (predictable) you get very cheap sources of labor and the tax payers pay for the construction, health care and food/board of the 'workers'.

Smart business model. Perhaps, ethically abhorrent to some (myself included).

of course its going to rise.

If you sentence someone to 15 years behind bars, and 5 years later crime drops 10% nationwide, but people still go to jail in that period while the person you sent 5 years ago is still serving their original sentence.

The population goes up.

Editorial: Judges Sentenced | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/28/2009

Here is a prime example why prisons and jails should NOT be privatized.

A serious travesty. I think the biggest factor was the corrupt officials not necessarily the private entity, but there isn't enough information in the article about the inception of the collusion to determine at who's behest it took place. In other words, is this something the judge cooked up or was the judge improperly approached by the private jail?

It seems the argument should be against privatizing judges not the prisons. But whatever, it's not privatization that causes things like this to happen, it's corruption and greed and the public sector is hardly immune to that either.

I would like to further discuss the points Killuminati raised, but I'm not sure the conversation can stay rational. Is anyone up for another thread where we talk about it and play nice?

Forum List

Back