Senator Max Baucus : Redefining "The Public Option"

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus - Taking advantage of the fact that most Americans are victims of government education hence easily fooled - has Introduced a $856 Billion Health-Care Bill

It will require nearly all Americans to carry health insurance while barring insurance companies from discriminating against people based on their health status or denying coverage because of preexisting conditions.

He states that "The plan does not call for a government-run insurance option" - so who the fuck is going to enforce those requirements : Blackwater? ArmorGroup ? The Mexicans ? Canadians?

What a fuck tard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus - Taking advantage of the fact that most Americans are victims of government education hence easily fooled - has Introduced a $856 Billion Health-Care Bill

It will require nearly all Americans to carry health insurance while barring insurance companies from discriminating against people based on their health status or denying coverage because of preexisting conditions.

He says that "The plan does not call for a government-run insurance option" - so who the fuck is going to enforce those requirements : Blackwater? ArmorGroup ? The Mexicans ? Canadians?

It includes regulations that will do exactly that.

So you feel the only way regulations can be enforced is if the companies are controlled by government?

As for the fuck tard comment......say fuick all you want, but My son would find the word "tard" insulting.......but unfortunately for him, he does not have the wherewithall to determine that assholes like you throw that word around due to ignorance.

Did you even read the bill?

It is only a draft...and a rough one....but I got the basic gist of it.

It seems to meet many needs except tort reform.

Sorry, Oldandtired, you chimed in before me. My question was intended for the OP.

Yes...I knew that....I was just answering you as well.....

It is a step in the right direction in my eyes. Regulation is required...government takeover is overkill.

It is only a draft...and a rough one....but I got the basic gist of it.

It seems to meet many needs except tort reform.

Sorry, Oldandtired, you chimed in before me. My question was intended for the OP.

It is a step in the right direction in my eyes. Regulation is required...government takeover is overkill.

In my HUMBLE opinion, there has never been a proposal for "government takeover", so I have never truly understood the concern there.

I don't support Baucus's plan. His plan only differs slightly from the previous Democrat plan. "Requiring" Americans to carry health insurance is a non-starter for me. I always stand on the side of freedom & liberty. More freedom not less. I just don't understand why so many are so willing to give away their freedom & liberty. :(

Last edited:

In my HUMBLE opinion, there has never been a proposal for "government takeover", so I have never truly understood the concern there.

No...no proposal for government takeover.......but as a business owner still licking my wounds of a recession, I will certainly turn to the public option for my employees....and I am sure many others will as well.......and it will be a matter of time before the insurance companies will struggle to compete while still making a profit for the shareholders....

So no...no government takeover....but even Obama siad that he supports a single payer system...but that it will take time...as lomg as 15 years....for it to be acheived.

SO I see this as the groundwork...and it concerns me.

I don't support Baucus's plan. His plan only differs slightly from the Democrat's plan. "Requiring" Americans to carry health insurance is a non-starter for me. I always stand on the side of freedom & liberty. More freedom not less. I just don't understand why so many are so willing to give away their freedom & liberty. :(

I agree...but compromise is the best we can ask for in this fillibuster super majority environment.

I do not have a voice...I am a conservative and a libertarian....so anything short of a public option is a step in the right direction.

Enforcing the mandatory coverage will be difficult....it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I don't support Baucus's plan. His plan only differs slightly from the Democrat's plan. "Requiring" Americans to carry health insurance is a non-starter for me. I always stand on the side of freedom & liberty. More freedom not less. I just don't understand why so many are so willing to give away their freedom & liberty. :(

because they don't want to have to pay for and cover YOUR health care costs if you don't have insurance, i suppose?

He says that "The plan does not call for a government-run insurance option" - so who the fuck is going to enforce those requirements : Blackwater? ArmorGroup ? The Mexicans ? Canadians?

Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

What a novel concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Self enforcing regulations.

So if BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

What a novel concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Self enforcing regulations.

So if BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

Self enforcing regulations?

What planet are you from?

Still allow children to post on this board I see.

there are Private nonprofit Coop businesses throughout our country....why the beef NOW silly? Just to whine like a baby against the boogie man?

there are Private nonprofit Coop businesses throughout our country....why the beef NOW silly? Just to whine like a baby against the boogie man?

Interesting how you refer to those with concerns as "whining"....

So if one wants to debate, they are either racists or whiners.

I see.

Carry on...please.....carry on.

Fair enough. Knowing that all American taxpayers already pay for those who do not have coverage as our Hospital emergency rooms are not allowed to turn people away, would you support changing the 1986 legislation that mandates care for all?

Hummmmmmmmm.......yet another individual who is slow on the uptake,

WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO ENFORCE THE REGULATIONS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

.:rolleyes:

No...no proposal for government takeover.......but as a business owner still licking my wounds of a recession, I will certainly turn to the public option for my employees....and I am sure many others will as well.......and it will be a matter of time before the insurance companies will struggle to compete while still making a profit for the shareholders....

So no...no government takeover....but even Obama siad that he supports a single payer system...but that it will take time...as lomg as 15 years....for it to be acheived.

SO I see this as the groundwork...and it concerns me.

While I do see your concerns and understand them, in my mind, there is OBVIOUSLY money to be made in private health insurance, even IF there is a public option. Do you honestly see ALL private insurers simply throwing their hands up and closing the doors?

Fair enough. Knowing that all American taxpayers already pay for those who do not have coverage as our Hospital emergency rooms are not allowed to turn people away, would you support changing the 1986 legislation that mandates care for all?

It would be inhumane to turn away one who needs immediate care.

We need to strengthen our borders......but not deny someone in need.

Hummmmmmmmm.......yet another individual who is slow on the uptake,

WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO ENFORCE THE REGULATIONS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

.:rolleyes:

I have not read the bill, so I do not know. What is your inference here?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back