Senator Max Baucus : Redefining "The Public Option"

It includes regulations that will do exactly that.

Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

What a novel concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Self enforcing regulations.

So if BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

Self enforcing regulations?

What planet are you from?

Still allow children to post on this board I see.

So quit stonewalling and answer the GD question:

If BCBS Refuses will they get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

Last edited:
Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

What a novel concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Self enforcing regulations.

So if BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

If BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

They will...yes...but I do not get the point you are making.

Regulations means "follow the guidelines set"...if not you will be penalized...

A public option, on the other hand means..."we do not need to make a profit....heck, we do not even need to break even....so we will undercut you as much as we want to"

Afterall....when it is taxpayer money that pays for it, there is a theoretiocal bottomless pit to take from....

And sure...the taxpayer will complain...but at that point, it will be too late.......it is a lot different to be able to say "stop paying for the plan and 100 million people will LOSE their insurance" compared to saying..."if you DONT pay for it 50 million will NOT get insurance"

And you need to relax.

If I see one more liberal say "Did you read the bill?", I'll puke. No one read the bill, there are six different versions of the bill, the bill is thousands of references to pieces of the bill, and Democrats and GOP openly admit THEY never read the bill. Enough with that line of defense, ridiculous.

Now we read the bill, see what corruption they unleashed on us, and try to figure out what government just cost us and our families.

And the GM deal, how any liberal accepts GM walking away from their environmental disaster sites in bankruptcy is completely sickening. We used to have you people as a source of guidance. I have been forced to admit you have helped me get to the right decision on issues. I really feel like we have lost you people. The only reason I can find for your militant defense of THIS government is you either hate America, or are government workers. What happened to you people??????

If BCBS Refuses they won't get a visit from the Federal Gestapo? Including AG Eric Holder and the Department of InJustice.

A public option, on the other hand means..."we do not need to make a profit....heck, we do not even need to break even....so we will undercut you as much as we want to"

Afterall....when it is taxpayer money that pays for it, there is a theoretiocal bottomless pit to take from....

And sure...the taxpayer will complain...but at that point, it will be too late.......it is a lot different to be able to say "stop paying for the plan and 100 million people will LOSE their insurance" compared to saying..."if you DONT pay for it 50 million will NOT get insurance"

And you need to relax.
fyi, you are incorrect:
The legislation in the bill SPECIFICALLY STATES that the Public option had to pay for itself through premiums....so they can NOT haphazardly via the public dole (which it seemed as though you implied above) undercut the private insurance companies.

Care

And you need to relax.
fyi, you are incorrect:
The legislation in the bill SPECIFICALLY STATES that the Public option had to pay for itself through premiums....so they can NOT haphazardly via the public dole (which it seemed as though you implied above) undercut the private insurance companies.

Care

I have been told that several times and asked what page it is on....yet no one has offered the page number.

I read some of 3200....maybe 1/10 before I lost interest....but do you have a page nmumber for that?

I don't know where you people live, but I am surrounded by homeowners who are really suffering, and I have a second job it seems like trying to find them jobs. This nation has gone backwards, and it's because government took care of government, the rich needed to stay rich, and they sacrificed the little guy. And it will continue. Government forced this decline, will always be responsible for wasting the best opportunities any nation has EVER seen on this planet. They couldn't cut government, cut spending, and right the ship, they had to drink all the milk now and it's all gone.

There will be hell to pay some day, the anger will only increase. I pray people can wake up before anyone gets hurt. Very worried we are heading in that direction.

If I see one more liberal say "Did you read the bill?", I'll puke. No one read the bill, there are six different versions of the bill, the bill is thousands of references to pieces of the bill, and Democrats and GOP openly admit THEY never read the bill. Enough with that line of defense, ridiculous.

Now we read the bill, see what corruption they unleashed on us, and try to figure out what government just cost us and our families.

And the GM deal, how any liberal accepts GM walking away from their environmental disaster sites in bankruptcy is completely sickening. We used to have you people as a source of guidance. I have been forced to admit you have helped me get to the right decision on issues. I really feel like we have lost you people. The only reason I can find for your militant defense of THIS government is you either hate America, or are government workers. What happened to you people??????

I would say you are WRONG at this point....the house bill has been out since July, we are now in September...the huge 1200 page house bill has been gone over with a fine tooth comb by this time, imo. I know I have read a great deal of it, and I don't have a staff like congressmen and senators have, to review and dissect it for me as they do!

Care

LMAO...I will admit....liberal debates used to be educational...now?

They spew talking points with little fact to back them up.

Listening to libertals DEFEND Acorn by saying "the two should be arrested for taping them illegally" simply makes me cringe.

You are correct...where dio the real liberals go?

Really, did you read the new version that just came out today? Ooops, haven't read it yet, did you?

Geezus, who are these people?

And you need to relax.
fyi, you are incorrect:

Care

I have been told that several times and asked what page it is on....yet no one has offered the page number.

I read some of 3200....maybe 1/10 before I lost interest....but do you have a page nmumber for that?

let me see if i can find it again...

there are Private nonprofit Coop businesses throughout our country....why the beef NOW silly? Just to whine like a baby against the boogie man?

Because the regulations are effectively NATIONALIZING the insurance companies-- they must do as MANDATED by the Gestapo ir suffer the consequences.!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are Private nonprofit Coop businesses throughout our country....why the beef NOW silly? Just to whine like a baby against the boogie man?

Because the regulations are effectively NATIONALIZING the insurance companies-- they must do as MANDATED by the Gestapo ir suffer the consequences.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you aware of all of the CURRENT mandates placed on the insurance companies by our individual states? Are you calling the individual state governments the Gestapo as well?

Let's see, state government employing millions of Democrats and Democrat monopolized legislatures across the nation for decades. The GOP are the same, except a ton less of them. Who do we blame? Go look at all the rich Democrats across the nation who have found extremely high paying jobs running health insurance boards, work for the healthcare industry, or wrote legislature that guaranteed the lock on minimum health insurance options. Follow the money folks. There's more corruption at state levels where you "had" a better chance to control it, and why we needed to minimize the expansion of federal legislation. One giant hack machine slave to voting to keep their jobs and theft going.

And you need to relax.
fyi, you are incorrect:

Care

The public option in H.R. 3200 has to meet the same benefit requirements and comply with the same insurance market reforms as private plans. It is also required to become financially self-sustaining and build up its own start up costs and contingency funds into its premium rates. To the chagrin for some on the left, the public option isn’t Medicare and wouldn’t be able to use Medicare’s purchasing power with prescription drugs and other health care products to bring down costs. John Conyers: House Health Care Bill Must Be Strengthened For His Support | NEWS JUNKIE POST

and here in the bill:

page 119
•HR 3200 IH
1 (1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall establish
2 geographically-adjusted premium rates for the public
3 health insurance option in a manner—
4 (A) that complies with the premium rules
5 established by the Commissioner under section
6 113 for Exchange-participating health benefit
7 plans; and (this covers that the public option has to offer all benefit requirements of the private insurers on the Exchange)
8 (B) at a level sufficient to fully finance the
9 costs of—

10 (i) health benefits provided by the
11 public health insurance option; and
12 (ii) administrative costs related to op13
erating the public health insurance option.
(this is what SHOWS that the public option has to be fully funded by premiums)

page 119 of the bill hr 3200

Last edited:
Let's see, state government employing millions of Democrats and Democrat monopolized legislatures across the nation for decades. The GOP are the same, except a ton less of them. Who do we blame? Go look at all the rich Democrats across the nation who have found extremely high paying jobs running health insurance boards, work for the healthcare industry, or wrote legislature that guaranteed the lock on minimum health insurance options. Follow the money folks. There's more corruption at state levels where you "had" a better chance to control it, and why we needed to minimize the expansion of federal legislation. One giant hack machine slave to voting to keep their jobs and theft going.

Oh yeah, this guy is OUT there. Either that, or I would like a glass of whatever he is drinking...:cuckoo:

should the federal government usurp States Rights and make all insurance companies national companies?

so far the bill HAS NOT done this....though there has been talk of it.

this would reduce prices greatly with all the available competition, BUT this would mean the federal gvt would take away something that was CLEARLY DELEGATED TO THE STATES according to our constitution?

Forum List

Back