Senate vote to defund Planned Parenthood fails

Damn Planned Parenthood is viewed more favorably by the public than the NRA, Supreme Court, and all of the Presidential candidates:

How the Public Views Planned Parenthood and the NRA - NBC News

Very telling about just how sin sick America truly is. Isn't it.

Using tax dollars to fund the PAP smears, breast exams and other tests to keep women healthy and alive is certainly sinful to some people. Personally, I think it is a good use of tax money.

So you believe that allowing them to murder America's children in exchange for a free breast exam or some other test is a fair trade off, Winterborn? I don't. Not at all!

Let the whining begin

Once again the religious nutters lies fall short

Washington (CNN)The fight over funding for Planned Parenthood shifts to a must-pass government funding measure this fall after a procedural vote in the Senate on legislation that would have barred all federal funds for the group failed on Monday.

The vote was 53-46, meaning the measure failed the get the 60 votes needed to overcome a Democratic filibuster on bringing the bill up for debate.
Senate vote to defund Planned Parenthood fails - CNNPolitics.com

Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I santified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet, unto the nations.
Jeremiah 1:4,5

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant, and Israel whom I have chosen. Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee, Fear not, O Jacob, my servant, and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
Isaiah 44:1,2

Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about, yet thou dost destroy me. Remember, I beseech thee that thou made me as the clay, and wilt thou bring me into the dust again? Has thou not poured me out like milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and has fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.
Job 10:8,9, 10,11, 12

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
Psalm 22:9,10

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me.......
Psalm 119: 73

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect, and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance where fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 119:13-19

What God has created no man or woman has the right to destroy. Abortion is murder.

A goy quoting Hebrew scripture , how cute!!

No pork treat for you!!

Since you're not hebrew, what difference does it make, goy?

What difference does it make that 57 million babies in America have been murdered? I'm a human being with a conscience, Bobby. I don't believe in the murder of children. The Word of God is not for the Hebrews alone. The Word of God is for all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Are you saved, Bobby? If you died tonight do you know whether you'd be in heaven or hell? There is forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Read Romans 10:9,10 this evening and think about the goodness and the mercy of the LORD. He will forgive your sins. His mercy is great. Very, very great!

I was replying to guno, not to you.

I had him on ignore tonight. I didn't see that, Bobby. My apologies. For the record....

Guno is a Jew. Not a goy.

Damn Planned Parenthood is viewed more favorably by the public than the NRA, Supreme Court, and all of the Presidential candidates:

Using tax dollars to fund the PAP smears, breast exams and other tests to keep women healthy and alive is certainly sinful to some people. Personally, I think it is a good use of tax money.

So you believe that allowing them to murder America's children in exchange for a free breast exam or some other test is a fair trade off, Winterborn? I don't. Not at all!

Since this thread is about the attempt to defund PP, the abortions are actually not part of the issue. None of the federal money goes to abortions. It goes to other reproductive health issues for women. And often the poorest women who would not have any proactive health care.

11215515_1200925516599715_79613873196614823_n.jpg

And the usual USMB rightwing nitwits are seeking to propagate their usual lies and fallacies.

Such as the lie that Federal funds pay for abortions, and the moronic fallacy of comparing Planned Parenthood to 'Nazis.'

And the usual USMB rightwing nitwits are seeking to propagate their usual lies and fallacies.

Such as the lie that Federal funds pay for abortions, and the moronic fallacy of comparing Planned Parenthood to 'Nazis.'
I just bet if the funding stopped, so would the abortions. Coincidence?

Last edited:
Let the whining begin

Once again the religious nutters lies fall short

Washington (CNN)The fight over funding for Planned Parenthood shifts to a must-pass government funding measure this fall after a procedural vote in the Senate on legislation that would have barred all federal funds for the group failed on Monday.

The vote was 53-46, meaning the measure failed the get the 60 votes needed to overcome a Democratic filibuster on bringing the bill up for debate.
That's a start...

Since this thread is about the attempt to defund PP, the abortions are actually not part of the issue. None of the federal money goes to abortions. It goes to other reproductive health issues for women. And often the poorest women who would not have any proactive health care.

Sure they do. Through Medicaid.

They could have pulled a Reid and changed the long standing rules to force it.....................but unlike your side the GOP refuses to bend the rules to our advantage as your side has done..........................Shows your sides ethics and motives...............just as their refusal to stop tax payer money to a group caught bragging about selling baby parts in abortions...........
The media would make it look like the GOP is pulling a dirty trick that has never been done before. Besides, we now have everyone on record on who wants to force taxpayers to fund an organization that sells body parts of aborted babies.i. It will make for great political commercials.

All cuckservative McConnell has to do is change the filibuster rules. Heck, Reid did it.

Time for McConnell to grow a spine and do it. Fact is, he doesn't want to.
I would love for Republicans to abandon the filibuster
Never mind that democraps did just that?

Not really the majority of Americans ( and women) are against 2nd trimester or later abortions.

This scares the left and PP shitless.

PP already has a bad reputation

It's just a matter if time until people get fed up.
If people don't get feed up and take action after the latest revelations, they never will.

I am afraid that much of the American public are just too fat, dumb, and happy to give a shit.

And the next funding bill does what???

Pass with a minority vote, or will Obozo pull it out of his ass???

If you enjoy driving your car on a paved street, being warned of that storm, watching your nation with pride land on other planets and having a educated population,,,Well, I'd pass that budget! ;)
Yeah...government does things so well we need more of it.:uhoh3:

This was a bullshit vote meant to placate social conservatives and that is all. A Potemkin vote for the peons.

Had the GOP really wanted it to pass there are things that they could have done to pass it, like reopening the nuclear option, horse trading some pork/bases and donating campaign money; i.e. buying votes the old fashioned Capitalist Crony way.

The only question is how many social conservatives actually fell for that ruse again so they wont split off and vote for Trump on a third party ticket in 2016.

Forum List

Back