Senate race in Kentucky VERY CLOSE.

daveman is just davying, Dot Com: he is a joke on the Board now.

You shouldn't be calling anyone a joke. The progressives are silent when it comes to what you say because they are waiting for you to come out of the closet. Conservatives to libertarians think it's funny that your the equivalent of "gay but he doesn't know it yet" when it comes to you being a closet Progressive. No I'm not homophobic, I was using it as an example.

Doesn't matter if I get a vote or not, I can raise awareness,send money to the person I want to win. Get his/her name out there.
Oh, thank GAEA someone from out of state is making me aware of who's running for office in my state! I would NEVER have known!!

:lol:

Yeah, sure, if that lets you come to grips with your impotence, sure, you just keep believing that.
Not for you shit for brains...ANYONE ANYWHERE can send money and spread the word you ignorant fuck.

He is a RINO just like Graham and McCain what kind of conservative votes for the bailouts?

Election isn't until next November,Also first he has to get past his republican primary opponent.

You can't seriously believe that the tea party candidate running against McConnel in the primary would be politically closer to the liberal agenda. But that seems to be what you are intimating.

Closer to the liberal agenda no but that's exactly why they will win. They are closer to what Kentuckians want and you 2 idiots don't make up the ENTIRE state of Kentucky just 2 mental midgets who like establishment RINO politicians. Take a look around...Rand Paul,Thomas Massie both tea party favorites and now Kentucky will have 2 tea party senators...Plus McConnell's campaign manager was Ron Paul's campaign manager that shit has sunk your ship. :lol::lol:

And that is none of your damned business. Most people were flabbergasted when Rand Paul got elected. But he ran against Trey Grayson in the primary. Grayson, even though he had been KY Secretary of State, was a newcomer to running for Congress. He was a virtual unknown. Paul on the other hand, had a well known father, so he was not a complete unknown. The year he was elected, we also had very low voter turnout.

Your statements above indicate that you don't know jack shit about Kentucky. One of the big components of citizenship in KY is loyalty. We are a red state because of all the family owned businesses (AKA farms) here. If those folk believe that McConnel has served them well over the years, they will continue to vote for him out of a sense of loyalty.

Hell fire! We even had a politician go to prison and he last an election after that by only 58 votes. Even though he didn't win, he still got a lot of votes from his loyal constituents.

Hubbard grew up in Murray, Kentucky, graduated from Georgetown College in 1959 and from the University of Louisville law school in 1962. In 1967, he was elected to serve in the Kentucky Senate.[1]

Hubbard served in Congress for 18 years, but lost his 1992 re-election bid in the Democratic primary to Thomas Barlow after becoming one of a number of Representatives embroiled in the "Rubbergate" House banking scandal.[2][3][4] During his time in Congress, he mounted an unsuccessful primary challenge for Governor in 1979.[5]

After he pled guilty to violations of federal campaign finance laws, Hubbard served two years in prison from 1995 to 1997.[6]

In 2006 and 2008, Hubbard was unsuccessful in attempts to seek re-election to the Kentucky Senate. He lost by only 58 votes in the 2006 race.[7][8]

Carroll Hubbard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You simply don't know this culture and you can speak with no authority about what Kentuckians will or will not do.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you can't, you hysterical retard.

I'm saying your opinion of the impact you have is vastly overblown.

In other words, as far as KY politics are concerned, you have electile dysfunction. :lol:

Damn you are one dense fucker. You obviously don't realize the impact money and PAC'S have on elections....
Of course I do. I also realize your twenty bucks isn't going to accomplish much, and your hyperemotional internet posts are going to accomplish even less. :lol:

Now whine some more about it. It's still slightly amusing.

He just doesn't understand the culture here. We like our guns, our horses, our whiskey, and our abundance of woodlands. We also like to run strangers off with a few blasts from our shotguns! :D If he ever showed up here, he would end up like they did in Deliverance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qz4L1O84_I]Deliverance - Redneck Scene 2 - YouTube[/ame]

And now for a little banging music!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8]Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube[/ame]

Long time to go. Love to see Mitch outsted by anybody, Dem or Pub.

Unsurprisingly, Fakey opposes the conservative.

I'm with Jake on this and that's rare. Kinda surprised to see you say Mitch is a conservative.

In the end Mitch is the mainstream Republican, only conservative by words, liberal by record.
Oh, he's no prize...but he's OURS. Kentuckians get to decide who represents our commonwealth. Nobody else.

And he's damn sure more conservative than Comrade Fakey. :lol:

Think what you 2 want...McConnell is going down...gonna enjoy seeing it as well. I will continue spreading the word and giving money to anyone with a chance to end that pricks term as Senator.

Think what you 2 want...McConnell is going down...gonna enjoy seeing it as well. I will continue spreading the word and giving money to anyone with a chance to end that pricks term as Senator.
What I want is you to stop pretending your voice is going to make a difference. :lol:

What I want is you to remove your head from your ass and realize money and super pac's make a HUGE difference in getting people elected. People get together organize these PACS and people donate to them...so yeah our voice is getting heard and is making a difference....damn its really not that hard to comprehend.

That's too funny! I post a response to this thread and ancapper is banned while I am doing it! Too funny!

What I want is you to stop pretending your voice is going to make a difference. :lol:

What I want is you to remove your head from your ass and realize money and super pac's make a HUGE difference in getting people elected. People get together organize these PACS and people donate to them...so yeah our voice is getting heard and is making a difference....damn its really not that hard to comprehend.
See, now you're just whining. Look, I don't get on a North Carolina forum and tell you how to draw unemployment, do I?

Unsurprisingly, Fakey opposes the conservative.

I am with Jake on this one. McConnell is a establishment neo con tool he needs to go.

With very rare exception they ALL need to go!

It's hard to disagree, but the system isn't set up to allow for any appreciable house cleaning. If they ALL came up for reelection at once it would be easy, but they don't so there is always someone there to mentor the new ones. Further, I read an article a while back that Congress said that the mess the country is in is OUR fault because we vote them out so quickly they don't have time to get anything done while they are in office. Don't ask for the link, I don't remember where I read it. But I just laughed and though that the last thing I can imagine as being a good thing is for congressmen to all be working together. Hell they get enough of our money the way it is. Those who designed the system designed it so that one branch could not completely gridlock the government, but the put those 'checks and balances' in there for a reason. We have seen each branch at some point make a power grab. The Judiciary did so by way of Marbury v. Madison. Congress certainly has made power grabs. Don't believe it? Who gets to vote on their salaries? Now the Executive office has become successful in gaining dictatorial powers, and was stopped just short of being able to execute American citizens without due process of law on our own shores.

I think the branch of government that is most likely to be the one preserving our rights, though, is Congress because we at least can have a dialogue with them. My Representative answers every letter I send him. He doesn't always say what I want to hear, but at least he acknowledges that I live and breathe, and he addresses every point that I make in my letter to him.

If you write to the president, you would get a form letter acknowledging that you sent the president a letter.

Bottom line, the Judicial and Executive branches belong to themselves. Congress belongs to the American people, and as frustrated as we can get with them, they are still our last bastion of the representative government our forefathers created for us. If we aren't writing our representatives regularly and making our voices heard, then we are the ones at fault and not them.

^ what if your Representative was black? :doubt: You'd be whining like you always do. :thup:

And you just can't stop talking through your ass.

Notable Kentucky African Americans Database

<Legislators, Kentucky>

Anderson, Charles W., Jr.
Birth Year : 1907
Death Year : 1960
Anderson, born in Louisville, KY, was the son of Dr. Charles W. and Tabetha Murphy Anderson. He was a graduate of Wilberforce University and received his law degree from Howard University School of Law. Anderson was admitted to the Kentucky Bar in 1933, and in 1936, as a Republican, was elected to the Kentucky House of Representatives, making him the first African American Kentucky legislator. He had competed against five other candidates: Charles E. Tucker, Rev. Ernest Grundy, Dr. Richard P. Beckman, James D. Bailey, all Democrats, and Lee L. Brown, a Republican. Anderson is credited with a number of early Civil Rights measures, including the Anderson-Mayer State Aid Act, which provided funding for African Americans to seek higher education out of state because Kentucky enforced higher education segregation laws. Anderson was also appointed alternate delegate to the United Nations. For more see Not Without Struggle, by J. B. Horton; and Kentucky Encyclopedia 2000 [electronic version available on the University of Kentucky campus and off campus via the proxy server].
See photo image at Find A Grave.
Subjects: Activists, Civil Rights, Lawyers, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky

Anderson, Felix S., Sr.
Birth Year : 1891
Death Year : 1983
Born in Louisville, KY, Felix Sylvester Anderson, Sr. was a graduate of Livingston College and Hood Theological Seminary, both in North Carolina, and Western Theological Seminary in Michigan, where he received his Doctor of Divinity S.T.C. He was the first African American Democrat and the fourth African American in the Kentucky General Assembly. Anderson was elected as a Representative in 1954, 1956, and 1958. He was the first African American to chair a standing committee in the Kentucky House of Representatives when he was appointed head of the Committee of Suffrage, Elections, and Constitutional Amendments in 1958. The sway away from Republicans had continued with the Democratic bid for votes from Louisville's African Americans in 1944 during the Presidential election, with emphasis on the Roosevelt administration's economic contributions. By 1948, the number of eligible African American Democrat voters in Louisville had escalated to an all time high of 32.2% of all African American registered voters. For more on Felix S. Anderson, see "Negro heads Kentucky panel," The New York Times, 01/18/1958, p.9; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission. For more on the voting history, see L. C. Kesselman, "Negro Voting in a Border Community: Louisville, Kentucky," The Journal of Negro Education, 26, no. 3, pp. 273-280.

Access Interview Read about the Felix S. Anderson, Sr. oral history interview available at the University of Kentucky Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, item record in the SPOKE Database.

Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Religion & Church Work, Legislators, Kentucky

Bather, Paul C.
Birth Year : 1947
Death Year : 2009
Bather was a community and civic leader and an extremely capable manager in various capacities, including his role as treasurer of the Jefferson County, KY, government. His policies earned the county $10 million in investment income. He was also U. S. representative in an American-Soviet leadership exchange program. From 1986-2000, Bather was a member of the Louisville, KY, Board of Aldermen. In 2000, he was elected to the 43rd District House Seat of the Kentucky Legislature, completing the term of Porter Hatcher who had resigned. Bather was re-elected in 2002; he retired after one term in office. Bather was born in New York. He was a graduate of Fairfield University, City University of New York, and the University of Louisville. For more see African American Biographies: profiles of 558 current men and women, by W. L. Hawkins; HR291; and P. Burba and S. S. Shafer, "Paul Bather dies in Houston," Louisville Courier-Journal, 02/12/2009, News section, p.1B.
Subjects: Businesses, Civic Leaders, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: New York / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky

Childress, William Hobbs, Jr.
Birth Year : 1911
Death Year : 1993
Born in Washington D.C., William H. Childress grew up in Nashville, TN. He was a 1934 graduate of Fisk University and came to Kentucky at the invitation of his cousin, Dr. Franklin Belver Beck, a dentist in Louisville. Childress remained in Louisville and in 1960 was elected Representative of the 42nd Legislative District, serving only one term. He is known for introducing House Bill no. 163, which created the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights. William H. Childress, Jr. was the son of Lillian Childress Hall and William H. Childress, Sr. For more see Childress touched many one man by Ann R. Taylor Robinson.

Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Washington D. C. / Tennessee / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky

Crenshaw, Jesse
Birth Year : 1946
Jesse Crenshaw was born in Glasgow, KY. In 1978 he became the first African American lawyer appointed Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky, joining Hancey Jones, an African American who was over the Western District of Kentucky. Crenshaw has been consecutively elected to the Kentucky General Assembly since 1993 as Representative of House District 77 (Fayette County). For more see Who's Who in American Politics, 14th-17th ed.; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

See photo image of Jesse Crenshaw at Legislative Research Commission website.
Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Glasgow, Barren County, Kentucky / Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky

Graham, Derrick
Birth Year : 1958
Born in Frankfort, KY, Derrick Graham has been an educator and, since 2003, an elected state representative (D-Frankfort): he was the first African American to serve the 57th District. Graham is a teacher at Frankfort High School. He was a city commissioner in Frankfort (1992-2000), and a student regent, and later a Board of Regent member at Kentucky State University. He received an endorsement from the Kentucky Education Association during his campaign for the House. Graham is a graduate of Kentucky State University (BA) and Ohio State University (MA). For more see A. Cross, "2003 Kentucky General Assembly: Legislators to watch," Lexington Herald-Leader, 02/02/2003, Extra section, p. 09X; Representative Derrick Graham web page; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

Subjects: Education and Educators, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky

Gray, Leonard W., Sr.
Birth Year : 1942
Death Year : 2005
Born in Louisville, KY, Leonard W. Gray, Sr. a sales associate, was elected the Representative of the 42nd District (Jefferson County) to the Kentucky General Assembly for 1990-1995. Gray sponsored the bill that made Martin Luther King, Jr. Day a state holiday. He was a graduate of the University of Louisville, having graduated from Central High School in 1960 with his friend, Cassius Clay. In 1995, Gray gave up his seat in the House of Representatives to become Governor Patton's House Liaison. He was Patton's first African American appointee, serving as the minority chairman of Patton's successful 1995 gubernatorial campaign. In August 1996, the personnel records of Gray and two other top staff members were subpoenaed by the Franklin County Grand Jury. Gray testified but was not indicted. He was later named Minority Affairs Director by Patton. For more see "Patton picks legislator as his house liaison, Louisville representative will leave his seat in '96," Lexington Herald-Leader, 11/22/1995; "Patton's aides' personnel records sent to grand jury," Lexington Herald Leader, 08/15/1996; G. Josephstaff, "Ex-legislator, Democratic activist Leonard Gray Sr. dies," Courier-Journal (Louisville), 07/19/2005; or contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

See photo image of Leonard W. Gray, Sr. with Governor Paul Patton and ETA Director Rose Walton, 10/28/2002, at e-archives.ky.gov.
Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky, Appointments by Kentucky Governors

Hatcher, E. Porter, Jr.
Birth Year : 1936
Hatcher was an insurance agent and real estate broker. He was elected to the Kentucky General Assembly, serving from 1978-1999, representing the 43rd District (Jefferson County). He is one of the few African Americans to garner consecutive re-elections. Hatcher resigned his seat in 1999 and pleaded guilty to insurance fraud. A special election was held and Hatcher was replaced by Louisville 12th Ward Alderman Paul Bather. For more information, contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission and see "Editorial: Hatcher's Resignation," Courier-Journal (Louisville), 12/05/1999.
Subjects: Insurance Companies, Insurance Sales, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky, Realtors, Real Estate Brokers, Real Estate Investments

Henderson, Dennis
Birth Year : 1896
Death Year : 1979
Henderson was born in Mississippi, the son of A. H. and Rosa A. Henderson, according to the 1910 U.S. Federal Census. Dennis Henderson was a graduate of Talladega College and received his law degree from Howard University. He was a partner of the Ray and Henderson Agency. In 1927 he married Edna E. Ridgley. Henderson, a Republican, was elected Representative of the 42nd District (Louisville) in 1948, the second African American elected to the Kentucky General Assembly. He served one term. For more information contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.
Geographic Region: Mississippi / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky

Hines, Carl R., Sr.
Birth Year : 1931
In 1977 he was the first African American state representative elected from the 43rd House District (Louisville, KY). He was re-elected in 1979 and continued to be re-elected until 1987. Hines was born in Louisville. For more see "Four blacks make up Kentucky's black representation in legislature," in 1982 Kentucky Directory of Black Elected Officials, Sixth Report by the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, p. 17; Who's Who Among African Americans, 1988-2006; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

Johnson, Arthur L., Jr.
Birth Year : 1914
Death Year : 2005
Arthur Lloyd Johnson, Jr. was the second African American Democrat elected to the Kentucky General Assembly, serving from 1964-1965. He was also first violinist with the Louisville Civic Orchestra and a former vice president of the Mid-Western Tennis Association. He was a high school teacher in Louisville. Johnson is a graduate of the University of Kansas and Hampton Institute [now Hampton University], where he played basketball and football. He was born in Lawrence, KS. For more contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission; J. Packett, "Losing in tennis surely spotlights winning attitude, Johnson, nearing 80, gets respect," Richmond Times-Dispatch, 08/10/1994, Sports section, p. E7; and Arthur Lloyd Johnson, Jr. in the obituaries section of the Louisville Courier-Journal, 12/29/2005.
Subjects: Athletes, Athletics, Basketball, Football, Musicians, Opera, Singers, Song Writers, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Tennis, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Lawrence, Kansas / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky / Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky / Hampton, Virginia

Jordan, Eleanor
Birth Year : 1953
In 2001 Governor Patton appointed Eleanor Jordan Executive Director of the Office of the Ombudsman for the Cabinet for Families and Children. Prior to that, she had served three terms as a Kentucky Representative (Louisville). In 2000 she unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. House of Representatives in Kentucky's Third Congressional District. She was the first African American candidate for national office from Kentucky. In 2007, Jordan was appointed Executive Director of the Kentucky Commission on Women by newly elected Governor Steve Beshear. For more see Kentucky Women, by E. Potter; Y. Scruggs-Leftwich, "Significance of Black Women's Vote Ignored," in Women's ENews; D. M. Clayton, "African American women and their quest for Congress," Journal of Black Studies, Jan 2003, vol. 33, issue 3, pp. 354-388; and Kentucky Governor Press Release, 01/02/2008, "Governor Beshear Appoints Executive Director of the Kentucky Commission on Women.

Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Women's Groups and Organizations, Legislators, Kentucky, Appointments by Kentucky Governors
Geographic Region: Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky / Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky

Kidd, Mae Street
Birth Year : 1909
Death Year : 1999
Born in Millersburg, KY, Kidd served the 41st district (Louisville) in the Kentucky House of Representatives, 1968-1984. She sponsored a resolution to ratify the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the U. S. Constitution; legislation for low-income housing in Kentucky; legislation to make Martin L. King's birthday a state holiday; and much other legislation. Kidd was a graduate of Lincoln Institute. The Mae Street Kidd Collection is housed at ;Kentucky State University. For more see Passing for Black, by W. Hall and M. S. Kidd; Who's Who Among African Americans, 13th ed. Who's Who in American Politics, 1975-1998; and Rep. Mae Street Kidd, on the Women in Kentucky Public Service website. The Mae Street Kidd oral history recordings and transcripts are available online at the University of Louisville Libraries Digital Archives.
Access Interview
Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky, Housing, Fair Housing, Open Housing, Housing Agencies
Geographic Region: Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky

Lawrence, Jesse H.
Birth Year : 1900
Death Year : 1966
Jesse H. Lawrence was born in Anchorage, KY, the son of Reverend and Mrs. E. D. Lawrence. A graduate of Central High School, he earned his A.B. at Howard University and his M.S. at Indiana University. He was owner of Fannie L. Hobbs Funeral Home. In 1926, he married Julia Lessie Brown. Lawrence, a Republican, was the third African American in the Kentucky General Assembly, elected Representative of the 42nd District (Louisville) in 1950. Lawrence was also the alternate delegate to the Republican National Convention from Kentucky in 1960. One of Lawrence's many accomplishments was the introduction of an amendment to the Day Law to allow white and African American students to attend together public and private higher education schools in Kentucky, providing that a comparable accredited course was not available to African American students at Kentucky State University. For more contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

McGill, Charlotte Smith
Birth Year : 1919
Death Year : 1988
McGill was State Representative of the 42nd District in 1971; she filled the seat of her deceased husband, Hughes McGill. At the end of the term, Charlotte was elected to office and continued to be re-elected until her defeat in 1977. She was also Vice-Chair of the Louisville-Jefferson County Democratic Committee. Charlotte McGill was born in Louisville, KY, the daughter of James and Vera Smith. She was a graduate of Howard University (B.A.) and Indiana State University (M.A.). For more see the Smith/McGill Family Papers, 1879-1987, at the University of Louisville Libraries' Special Collections and Archives; and Women in Public Office. A biographical directory and statistical analysis, 2nd ed., compiled by Center for the American Woman and Politics.

McGill, Hughes E.
Birth Year : 1920
Death Year : 1970
McGill was born in Louisville, KY. He was an elected Representative to the Kentucky General Assembly, 1968-1971, representing the 42nd District (Louisville). He died before his term ended and his wife, Charlotte McGill, completed the term. Hughes McGill was a graduate of West Virginia State College [now West Virginia State University], the Mondell Business Institute, and the University of Louisville. For more information, contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission; and see the Smith-McGill Family Papers at the University of Louisville Libraries Special Collections and Archives.

Meeks, Reginald K.
Birth Year : 1954
Born in Louisville, KY, Reginald K. Meeks is a brother to Renelda (Meeks) Higgins Walker, Michael Meeks, and Kenneth Meeks. In 1983 he was chosen by Ebony Magazine as one of the 50 Young Leaders of the Future. In 1991 he was profiled in Southern Living for his work in helping to turn his neighborhood library branch into the Kentucky African-American Museum of History and Culture. He is a founding member of the Kentucky Native American Heritage Commission. Meeks served as the 11th Ward Alderman in Louisville, KY, from 1982-2000. Since 2001 he has served as the elected Kentucky House Member of Legislative District 42 (Louisville). Meeks earned his B.A. at Wabash College in 1976 and his J.D. at the University of Iowa College of Law in 1979. He was the primary sponsor of the legislation to reduce violence and gun use. He is the son of Eloise Kline Meeks and Florian Meeks, Jr. For more see HR254 (Word doc.); Who's Who in American Politics, vols. 11-17; Who's Who Among African Americans, vols. 4-14; Ebony, Sept. 1983, p. 70; and Southern Living, 1991, vol. 26, issue 2, pp. 74-76.
Subjects: Civic Leaders, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky

Neal, Gerald A.
Birth Year : 1945
Gerald A. Neal, elected to represent Senate District 33 (Jefferson County), is the first African American man elected to the Kentucky Senate. He was first elected in 1990 and has since been consecutively re-elected. Other than Senator Georgia Powers, Neal has served longer than any other African American member of the Kentucky General Assembly. Neal earned his undergraduate degree from Kentucky State College [now Kentucky State University] and his JD from the University of Michigan, then attended graduate school at the University of Michigan. For information on Senator Neal's recent voting record, see Kentucky Votes.org by USA Votes, Inc.; for additional background information on Senator Neal see Project Vote Smart or contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

See photo image of Senator Gerald A. Neal at Kentucky Legislature website.

Owens, Darryl T.
Birth Year : 1937
Born in Louisville, KY, Darryl T. Owens was the first African American assistant prosecutor in Louisville police court, the first African American Assistant Kentucky General, and the first African American president of the Louisville Legal Aid Society. In 2005, he was elected to the Kentucky General Assembly for House District 43 (Jefferson County). He wrote the forward for Louisville in World War II. Owens is a graduate of Louisville Central High School, Central State University (B.A.), and Howard University School of Law. For more contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission; and see M. Williams, "The Honorable Darryl T. Owens" in Who's Who of Black Louisville, 3rd ed., p.59.

Powers, Georgia D.
Birth Year : 1923
Born in Springfield, KY, Georgia Davis Powers was the first African American and woman in the Kentucky Senate; she served five four-year terms. She was also the first African American woman on the Jefferson County Executive Committee, where she pushed for, among other reforms, an Equal Rights Amendment resolution and the Displaced Homemaker's law. Powers is the author of Celia's Land: a historical novel. The Georgia Powers Collection is at the Kentucky State University Library's Special Collections and Archives. For more see Women in World History. A Biographical Encyclopedia and I Shared the Dream, by G. D. Powers. See also the NKAA entry for Celia Mudd. There are several oral history interviews with Georgia D. Powers in the oral history collection at the University of Kentucky; contact the department. Listen online to the interview with Senator Georgia M. Powers within the Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project at the Kentucky

Simpson, Arnold
Arnold Simpson was the first African American to become city manager of Covington, KY, and also, in 1994, the first elected state representative from northern Kentucky's House District 65 (Kenton County). Simpson has won consecutive re-elections to the Kentucky General Assembly since. He is the son of James Simpson, Jr. Simpson is a graduate of Kentucky State University and the University of Kentucky College of Law. For more see J. Reis, "Winning the Right to Vote," Kentucky Post, 01/15/01, Editorialextra section, p. 4K;; Representative Arnold Simpson (D) on the Legislative Research Commission website; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.

Smith, James E. "J.E."
Birth Year : 1883
Death Year : 1969
Smith was elected State Representative for the 42nd District, serving 1964-1968, and was a delegate to the 1964 Democratic Presidential Convention. He was president of the National Negro Insurance Association and co-founder of the Domestic Life and Accident Insurance Company. Smith graduated from Jacksonian College in Jackson, Michigan. He was the husband of Vera Smith and father of Charlotte McGill. The family lived in Louisville, KY. For more see the Smith/McGill Family Papers, 1879-1987 at the University of Louisville; and contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.
Subjects: Businesses, Insurance Companies, Insurance Sales, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky

Tucker, Amelia Moore
Birth Year : 1902
Death Year : 1987
Ameiia Tucker was born in Alabama, and she came to Louisville, KY, with her husband in the 1920s. In 1930, the family of three lived on 12th Street, according to the U. S. Federal Census. Amelia Tucker would become the first African American woman elected to the Kentucky State Legislature (in 1961). She worked to pass a bill that would make it illegal for businesses to discriminate based on race. She was on President Nixon's advisory council on ethnic groups. Rev. Amelia Tucker was the wife of Bishop Charles E. Tucker, and after his death in 1975, she moved to California where she died in 1987. She was educated at Alabama State Teachers College [now Alabama State University] and the University of Louisville. She was a minister at Brown Temple AMEZ Church, today located at 3707 Young Avenue, in Louisville. For more see The Encyclopedia of Louisville, ed. by J. E. Kleber.
Subjects: Kentucky African American Churches, Migration North, Migration West, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky, Appointments by U.S. Presidents/Services for U.S. Presidents
Geographic Region: Alabama / Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky / Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky

Warders, Jesse P.
Birth Year : 1917
Death Year : 1981
A 1952 graduate of Indiana University, Warders was elected Representative of the 41st District (Jefferson County, KY), serving 1966-1967. He co-sponsored the Kentucky Civil Rights Act. He was the first African American director of the Louisville Department of Sanitation. He received three bronze stars while enlisted in the U.S. Army during WWII. Warders was born in Louisville, KY. For more contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission.
Subjects: Military & Veterans, Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky / Bloomington, Indiana

Williams, Aubrey
Birth Year : 1945
Willliams was a member of the Kentucky General Assembly from 1978-1985, the elected Representative of the 42nd District (Jefferson County). He is an attorney, a graduate of the University of Louisville Law School. Williams also attended Case Western Reserve University; Sue Bennett College [closed in 1997], where he earned his A.A.; and Pikeville College, where he earned his B.S. He also served as a judge with the Jefferson County 3rd Magisterial District. For more contact the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission and see Who's Who in American Law, 1st-3rd editions, and Who's Who Among Black Americans, 2nd & 3rd editions.
Subjects: Politicians, Politics, Appointments & Elections, Judges, Legislators, Kentucky
Geographic Region: Jefferson County, Kentucky / Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky

Notable Kentucky African Americans -

Bottom line is: You don't live in KY, you don't get a say in who our legislators are. So blow it out your ass.

MY choice is between whomever runs.

And you need to stop stalking me around the forum. You are making me uncomfortable. Creep.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back