Changing our clocks twice a year must stop

Sometimes gridlock is a good thing.
Sometimes, yes. This time, just a pointless asshole gesture of refusing to do something, even their own people also want, just because the other side also wanted it. As in "fuck the constituents, fuck the country, we will do nothing for the country, PERIOD, simply because we are not in total control of the country".

why are we still doing this? Who is benefitting from it? The senate passed a bill making daylight time permanent, why won't the house bring it to a vote?

The only possible answer is that some faction in the country is benefitting financially from changing the time twice a year. any thoughts?
That bill was not supported by biden

But I think another one has been introduced

I hope it becomes law soon

Sometimes, yes. This time, just a pointless asshole gesture of refusing to do something, even their own people also want, just because the other side also wanted it. As in "fuck the constituents, fuck the country, we will do nothing for the country, PERIOD, simply because we are not in total control of the country".
Maybe you should consider voting 3rd party. Democrats have played this same game many times.

We don't mess with it here as we stay on MST throughout the year. Main effect on me is that the NFL games I was watching at 10am & 1pm at start of season change to 11am and 2pm after you folks move your clocks back.

Maybe you should consider voting 3rd party. Democrats have played this same game many times.
I voted 3rd party in 2016. It did nothing, as a useless protest vote against the two party choices.

I have always voted 3rd party with the lone exception being Donald Trump.
Did voting 3rd party help? If it did, I did not see it. Did you?
There is not a local groundswell to boost a viable 3rd party into individual states. Until there is, no 3rd party candidate with stand a chance in hell at national elections.

Did voting 3rd party help? If it did, I did not see it. Did you?
There is not a local groundswell to boost a viable 3rd party into individual states. Until there is, no 3rd party candidate with stand a chance in hell at national elections.
So does voting Republican or Democrat really a solution?

Yup.

But it’s great to have daylight till almost 9 in the sum
Yes I like it also. For me personally I would prefer staying on daylight savings but my kids are grown. I have grandchildren starting school next year. I would prefer they not have to stand in the pitch dark at the bus stop.

So does voting Republican or Democrat really a solution?
All starts at community level. Communities must make decisions based on what is best, not party. When this is done, it leads to better local governance, not controlled by a party, lining up with some national agenda. You don't choose your spending habits, based on what the boss likes at the business, where you work. It is in your best interests to make decisions in your best interest, not abducting to outside influence, that will not stand responsible for your actions, as they are your actions.

All starts at community level. Communities must make decisions based on what is best, not party. When this is done, it leads to better local governance, not controlled by a party, lining up with some national agenda. You don't choose your spending habits, based on what the boss likes at the business, where you work. It is in your best interests to make decisions in your best interest, not abducting to outside influence, that will not stand responsible for your actions, as they are your actions.
My conscience is clear as I didn't vote for any members of congress.

My conscience is clear as I didn't vote for any members of congress.
More power to you. If you take no stand, you stand for nothing.

We don't change our clocks in AZ and CA is going to stop soon as well... my only concern are for children walking to school in the dark so school start times may need to be adjusted....

Forum List

Back