Changing our clocks twice a year must stop

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
why are we still doing this? Who is benefitting from it? The senate passed a bill making daylight time permanent, why won't the house bring it to a vote?

The only possible answer is that some faction in the country is benefitting financially from changing the time twice a year. any thoughts?

Think of the children.....We might not educate them worth a shit anymore but heaven forbid they have to stand in the dark at the bus stop.

2t1wpy.jpg

why are we still doing this? Who is benefitting from it? The senate passed a bill making daylight time permanent, why won't the house bring it to a vote?

The only possible answer is that some faction in the country is benefitting financially from changing the time twice a year. any thoughts?
It is just another sign of the partisan divide. The Senate being Democrat controlled, the House will not take it up, just to avoid giving a win to their opposition. Just typical Republican partisan gridlock, by the party, carry more about party than doing the country's business, as they were actually elected to do.

I agree.

Although I believe it stems from a more agricultural time when the time changing made sense.

It doesn't now.

It needs to stop.

It's Ben Franklin's fault!

The origins of the idea are up for debate. But in a 1784 letter to the editor of the Journal of Paris, Benjamin Franklin suggested that Parisians could save money by getting up earlier during the summer because they would then have to light fewer candles in the evening.

It is just another sign of the partisan divide. The Senate being Democrat controlled, the House will not take it up, just to avoid giving a win to their opposition. Just typical Republican partisan gridlock, by the party, carry more about party than doing the country's business, as they were actually elected to do.
Both political parties are guilty of this. Not just Republicans.

Because people do not like their elementary school kids standing at the bus stop in pitch dark.

With all the problems we have in our country this is of major concern to you? Changing clocks twice a year?

In my 48 years the worst things that's happened is I forgot and was late for work or school one time. But with everything being smart these days and everyone having phones and computers that change automatically even that isn't an issue for me anymore.

I'd say there are far greater issues of concern.

With all the problems we have in our country this is of major concern to you? Changing clocks twice a year?

In my 48 years the worst things that's happened is I forgot and was late for work or school one time. But with everything being smart these days and everyone having phones and computers that change automatically even that isn't an issue for me anymore.

I'd say there are far greater issues of concern.
Meh, it would be one less "thing"....That's always good.

Finally something you and I can agree upon!

Both political parties are guilty of this. Not just Republicans.
Not this TIME. The Senate properly acted. The house does not even take it up. They own the gridlock on daylight savings time changes.

Why not use standard time all year and we can all adjust to the time, gets dark at 9 in the summer and 4 in the winter. Easy

It is the work of Satan All Hail the Sabbath

Forum List

Back