Sen. Ted Cruz, others announce bill to fund $25 billion border wall

Lets just do it with 51 Senate votes during reconciliation over the Christmas holiday - like Obamacare

Isn't that the expectation?

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz with three other senators introduced a bill Wednesday that is aimed at fully funding a wall along the US-Mexico border... The WALL Act would fully fund the border wall by closing existing loopholes that provide illegal immigrants with federal benefits and tax credits, without affecting the benefits and tax credits used by Americans.

Read more at kxan.com ...
Post-Rafaelite

Cruz has really matured. I was afraid he'd be a #NeverTrump fanatic like brain-damaged John McCain't. I hope Trump puts him on the Supreme Court. I doubt if he converted to Populism out of opportunistic ambition. He must be in a state where people can redeem their empty Koch bottles.
Yep, nothing like a rapy face synchophant who kisses the ass of the guy who insults his wife and father.

Yep, nothing like a rapy face synchophant who kisses the ass of the guy who insults his wife and father.
Perhaps he isn't a dick like you and realizes our nation's security is more important than any personal differences he may have with Trump.
Ted was always strong on border security. The tards will throw up any nonsense to stop the Wall.

It was a senate bill you fucking liar.
"In March 2010, the U.S. House voted 219 to 212 for Obamacare. 34 House Democrats and all of the House Republicans voted against Obamacare. " - Oregon Catalyst

It orginated in the senate , that's why they had to call it a fine and not a tax

Don't try to change history with me .

• August 25, 2009: Massachusetts senator Ted Kennedy, a leading supporter of health-care reform, dies and puts the Senate Democrats’ 60-seat supermajority required to pass a piece of legislation at risk.

It was a senate bill you fucking liar.
"In March 2010, the U.S. House voted 219 to 212 for Obamacare. 34 House Democrats and all of the House Republicans voted against Obamacare. " - Oregon Catalyst

It orginated in the senate , that's why they had to call it a fine and not a tax

Don't try to change history with me .

• August 25, 2009: Massachusetts senator Ted Kennedy, a leading supporter of health-care reform, dies and puts the Senate Democrats’ 60-seat supermajority required to pass a piece of legislation at risk.

We now know Obamacare was tax legislation. Consequently, it was undeniably a “bill for raising revenue,” for which the Constitution mandates compliance with the Origination Clause (Art. I, Sec. 7). The Clause requires that tax bills must originate in the House of Representatives. Obamacare did not.
The Senate presumed to add Obamacare spending to a House CR bill. I contend that the Origination Clause means that not only tax bills but government spending bills must originate in the House because the Clause was intended to vest the House with control over the “power of the purse.” Matt disagrees.

Our dispute over Obamacare spending in the 2013 CR, however, has no bearing on the Origination Clause analysis of the 2010 Obamacare law itself. The Affordable Care Act, the Supreme Court has held, was a straightforward tax. No theorizing about spending is necessary. Everyone agrees that tax-raising measures must originate in the House

Don't try to change history with me

I'm not. Just relaying factual information.

"The bill that became the ACA, H.R. 3590, originated in the House as the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009. It was gutted by theSenate and replaced with the ACA before being passed and sent back to the House for final passage." - nih.gov

Don't try to change history with me

I'm not. Just relaying factual information.

"The bill that became the ACA, H.R. 3590, originated in the House as the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009. It was gutted by theSenate and replaced with the ACA before being passed and sent back to the House for final passage." - nih.gov

If your telling the truth why did it have to go to the supreme Court?

Obama care orginated in the senate as a fine.

Forum List

Back