Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz (R) Seek to Cancel MLB By Introducing Legislation

The group says the bill is an immediate reaction to MLB’s decision to relocate the All Star game from Georgia to Colorado.
Such is the reprehensible right: punish MLB for doing the right thing.

Yeah, cry us a river over the "punishment" of having to do business without government protection because you felt the need to go political and bully the electorate. Just don't expect anyone to join you.

I have never cared for the antitrust exemption for MLB. I believe their actions have been the demise of baseball, which used to be America's game to third place and falling.

Don't edit my posts. -marvin martian

Oh, okay.

Look, whatever your political beliefs - Baseball is as American as Apple Pie or Supersize meals. Nobody touches my MLB.

MLB is all about whoring for China, just like the Biden family.

...huh?

Did you not know that MLB whores for money from the oppressive, anti-civil rights, tyrannical communist government of China, just like the Biden family has done for decades?
Your bullshit is so exhausting, dude.

That sounds a lot like, "Stop trying to make me think, when I just want to emote over my talking points!"

So a private business can't move a game? Explain how it's such a big deal.

If is wasn't for them moving the game for politics, no one would care or care to watch the All-Star game. I've been over that game for a couple decades.

Are you actually trying to play like this is just a rescheduled Little League tournament or sandlot pickup game? Explain why we're supposed to take such badly-done disingenuity seriously.

If is wasn't for them moving the game for politics, no one would care or care to watch the All-Star game. I've been over that game for a couple decades.

Pretty clearly, people DO care and DO watch, because we're talking about millions of dollars in lost revenue to businesses in Georgia . . . which makes what MLB is doing political extortion.

Besides, if it didn't matter, there wouldn't be federal government protection for it in the first place.

It's one lousy game...big whoop tee do. Nobody except for .000000000000000001 of america cares.

I thought maybe put in Sports section, but it's probably more political than Sports since it involves Senators.

A group of Senators, including Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley introduced a bill to end Major League Baseball’s monopoly by eliminating their special antitrust exemption.

The group says the bill is an immediate reaction to MLB’s decision to relocate the All Star game from Georgia to Colorado.

Forbes says The antitrust exemption, which dates back to a 1922 Supreme Court case and has been held up in multiple subsequent cases, is the only one of its kind for a sports league. Its elimination would expose MLB to antitrust litigation and weaken the MLB’s power to reduce competition.

Good idea. All for-profit entities should be subject to anti-trust laws. The Big Tech companies are next.
What a pity you rightards only support that now out of spite because MLB is moving the all-star game out of Georgia and because Republicans are now pushing the idea...

... and not because of principles. Which you clearly lack.
YOU people are the spiters and HYPOCRITES----Jan 6th is a perfect example ---out of MANY
LOL

You must mean "YOU people" as in seditious brain-dead Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol to "stop the steal," of which I'm the polar opposite.

Oh my you are angry about a nothing burger. Extreme nothing burger. Some other city gets the revenue oh no. I have no vested interest in getting upset over something so miniscule.

I thought maybe put in Sports section, but it's probably more political than Sports since it involves Senators.

A group of Senators, including Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley introduced a bill to end Major League Baseball’s monopoly by eliminating their special antitrust exemption.

Forbes says The antitrust exemption, which dates back to a 1922 Supreme Court case and has been held up in multiple subsequent cases, is the only one of its kind for a sports league. Its elimination would expose MLB to antitrust litigation and weaken the MLB’s power to reduce competition.

Good idea. All for-profit entities should be subject to anti-trust laws. The Big Tech companies are next.
What a pity you rightards only support that now out of spite because MLB is moving the all-star game out of Georgia and because Republicans are now pushing the idea...

YOU people are the spiters and HYPOCRITES----Jan 6th is a perfect example ---out of MANY
LOL

You must mean "YOU people" as in seditious brain-dead Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol to "stop the steal," of which I'm the polar opposite.
YOU people have been seditious [ and brain dead ] for YEARS--in your VIOLENT riots and trying to overturn the 2016 election
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Crybabies lashing out.

So they moved it over politics...big whoop...doesn't affect georgia at all.
Actually...it does. So much for your "knowledge".

All star week brings in lots of tourists, money and revenue for the state.
But instead of the income lots of blacks in Atlanta could have looked forward to all that cash will go
to Denver and those lily white Denver folks.

That'll teach Georgia to protect voter integrity. Thanks Biden, you dumb fucker!

8,000 hotel rooms now empty. So many tips not given, meals not eaten, drinks not served
and taxis not taken. Good job, idiots.

Last edited:
Corporations are classified as individuals, thus, citizens. Citizens have a right to Freedom of Speech. This legislation could be seen as a form of retaliation for said speech by government lawmakers which seems like a clear violation of 42 U.S. Code 1983 which is a civil action for depravation of rights.

And that's not even getting into the antitrust/monopoly aspect of it.

They are being given a pass on anti-trust violations now. They would be taking that away and there is nothing unconstitutional about it regardless of their reason for doing so. Why shouldn't the same rules that apply to everyone else apply to them too?

Corporations are classified as individuals, thus, citizens. Citizens have a right to Freedom of Speech. This legislation could be seen as a form of retaliation for said speech by government lawmakers which seems like a clear violation of 42 U.S. Code 1983 which is a civil action for depravation of rights.

And that's not even getting into the antitrust/monopoly aspect of it.

They are being given a pass on anti-trust violations now. They would be taking that away and there is nothing unconstitutional about it regardless of their reason for doing so. Why shouldn't the same rules that apply to everyone else apply to them too?

You didn't even address what I said.

Look, whatever your obsession with your personal sacred cow is, nobody touches our right to self-governance. Maybe you should tell your precious MLB to stick to playing baseball and quit picking fights for you to then whine about.
You have it backwards. MLB shouldn't be forced by the government to play where they don't agree with the venue.

Look at you whoring for that big corporation! Get on your knees and open wide, there's a billionaire in the house!

LOL

YOU people have been seditious [ and brain dead ] for YEARS--in your VIOLENT riots and trying to overturn the 2016 election
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:boohoo:

I'd say there's far more valid reason to go after huge monolithic business under antitrust laws now than there was back in Standard Oil's day, to be honest. Back then, the concern was protecting consumers from price-gouging. Now, the concern is protecting their fundamental rights from being nullified.
How is MLB considered to be a monopoly?

Monopoly, "the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service."

Players are free to sign contracts with the Japanese Baseball League, the Italian Baseball League and many others:

Forum List

Back