Sen Murray (D) calls McConnell and his handler's (Grover) bluff

I agree with you 100%, but I want $8 in reduction for every extra $ in revenue.

I want Defense slashed by at least 30% over ten years.

I want ear marks ended.

I want SS taxes to go the SS fund, with retirement age increased, taxable ceiling of $250000 annually, and means testing for retirement.

I want Medicare (which is very successfully financially) administration even more stream lined.

Once again....you can raise taxes on the rich as far as I am concerned.

You get $1 of tax on the rich for every $3 you cut out of the budget...and I mean real cuts.

Social Security and Medicare on the block too.

I want ear marks ended.

I want SS taxes to go the SS fund, with retirement age increased, taxable ceiling of $250000 annually, and means testing for retirement.

I want Medicare (which is very successfully financially) administration even more stream lined.

You get $1 of tax on the rich for every $3 you cut out of the budget...and I mean real cuts.

agree to all of that but Grover will never let the GObP negotiate on anything. They allow themselves to be held hostage by him and, by proxy, the American people.

Last edited:
agree to all of that but Grover will never let the GObP negotiate on anything. They allow themselves to be held hostage by him and, by proxy, the American people.

You can make that statement, but the fact is that the supercommittee failed. It didn't accomplishe what was supposed to (and as I understand it, tax increases were something that they had agreed to).

Now, the time has come where the "automatic" cuts are supposed to kick in and guess what....both sides are balking.

I don't think this is as much about Grover as it is about career politicians and morons like Patty Murray who is simply a dips**t.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204531404577052240098105190.html

Last edited:

I want ear marks ended.

I find it to be incredible that the self-described "country first" party allow their pledge to Grover trump their pledge to "one nation under God"?

INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL---FOR ALL

I want ear marks ended.

u wnt that stuff, i propose this, go after the crap Obama promised the congress people who he bought for the ACA and than we;ll talk, lets talk about those deals and than we ll move from there. FAIR?

Deals? Obama deals? Norquist signatures? Politics?

My way will work within the context of all the deals right and left have made.

Expect nothing less from Patty 'The Home Wrecker" Murray. (D-WA)
It was about a year ago that a Mrs John Harwood filed suit against Mr John Harwood and Patty Murray for depriving her of her well being, comfort and property and additionally filed divorce papers against Mr Harwood for his consorting and co habiting with with Ms Murray instead of returning to his legal home and rightful marriage bed. Mr Harwood, the WhiteHouse political reporter for CNBC, with the budget cutting deadline looming and Ms Murray a member of the select House/Senate committee charged with making the cuts, found it more expedient to his reporting career to get the latest word on the negotiations to report to his viewers from Ms Murray while exchanging sweet nothings at night rather than stabbing in the dark from his legal marriage bed.

Harwood, should be executed for horrible taste in women. If you're gonna get em old and stupid, dont pick butt ugly. Damn!!!!!!!

defense for the one thousandth time is already being cut, and 30%, you're smoking crack,or I guess Panetta just a r/w loon:rolleyes:...that would basically destroy the military in being, making all forces weak at once;

here,

The Pentagon shouldn't be immune to fiscal scrutiny, yet this Administration has targeted defense from its earliest days and has kept on squeezing. The White House last year settled with Congress on $450 billion in military budget cuts through 2021, on top of the $350 billion in weapons programs killed earlier. Defense spending next year will fall 1% in nominal terms. The Pentagon also faces another $500 billion in possible cuts starting next January under "sequestration," unless Congress steps in first.

Taken altogether, the budget could shrink by over 30% in the next decade. The Administration projects outlays at 2.7% of GDP in 2021, down from 4.5% last year (which included the cost of Iraq and Afghanistan). That would put U.S. outlays at 1940 levels—a bad year. As recently as 1986, a better year, the U.S. spent 6.2% of GDP on defense with no detrimental economic impact.

What's different now? The growing entitlement state. The Administration is making a political choice and sparing Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, which are set to hit nearly 11% of GDP by 2020. And that's before $2.6 trillion for ObamaCare, which will surely cost more.

Obama's Defense Drawdown - WSJ.com

clue for you jake; Europe has not had a 'military' since 1990 when the draw downs due to the collapse of the usssr started. they are not in trouble because they have funded a big or even mediocre military are they? No, they are in trouble becuase they took that money too along with what they were already spending on, and applied it to...what? come on...you know....say it.....:cool:

I want ear marks ended.

tell oabma he said he did to....hes full of poopey.

write your congressman....I agree.

very successful financially? :lol:Medicare was a ticking time bomb from the day it was signed. How about Medicaid? Forgot that on ..?

Expect nothing less from Patty 'The Home Wrecker" Murray. (D-WA)
It was about a year ago that a Mrs John Harwood filed suit against Mr John Harwood and Patty Murray for depriving her of her well being, comfort and property and additionally filed divorce papers against Mr Harwood for his consorting and co habiting with with Ms Murray instead of returning to his legal home and rightful marriage bed. Mr Harwood, the WhiteHouse political reporter for CNBC, with the budget cutting deadline looming and Ms Murray a member of the select House/Senate committee charged with making the cuts, found it more expedient to his reporting career to get the latest word on the negotiations to report to his viewers from Ms Murray while exchanging sweet nothings at night rather than stabbing in the dark from his legal marriage bed.

poo-fookin-sleeze! - I think you'll agree that if I were to agree with you, we'd both be dumbasses-----agreed?

Last edited:
Trajan can be forgiven for touting the far righty nonsense generally, but he is crazee if he thinks that Medicare can be touched. Even the senior TPM members would hold their congress peoples' toesies to the fire.

Trajan can be forgiven for touting the far righty nonsense generally, but he is crazee if he thinks that Medicare can be touched. Even the senior TPM members would hold their congress peoples' toesies to the fire.

typical infantile comeback. I thought I would try to give you some facts but you're intellectually immune apparently. you must be so proud......

Appropriate for the nonsense you put up.

Medicare is untouchable, unfortunately.

You don't have any facts or evidence to support them.

typical infantile comeback. I thought I would try to give you some facts but you're intellectually immune apparently. you must be so proud......

Appropriate for the nonsense you put up.

Medicare is untouchable, unfortunately.

You don't have any facts or evidence to support them.

thats because you lack basic reading comprehension skills (and note, you started with the pejoratives first ole bean).

I didn't single out any one item for cuts, my primary response was to your usual brain dead cut the military BS.

I even posted a link for you showing that indeed the military is being cut, that jake is a fact, this is not a matter of sides or opinion, but you simply refuse to be educated.

We could cut $50 billion or more (about 10%) just by closing bases overseas. I'm not talking about ALL of them, either, but a majority of our overseas bases are nothing more than welfare for the host countries, and some of them really have no legitimate purpose any more.

If we did that and brought home the troops that are stationed there, we'd also reap the benefit of their wages being spent HERE, further stimulating our own economy.

We all know the military is being cut, Trajan, my genius bud. The problem is certainly not enough. And you are still publishing nonsense. Now get to it, and give us some stuff.

Appropriate for the nonsense you put up. Medicare is untouchable, unfortunately. You don't have any facts or evidence to support them.

thats because you lack basic reading comprehension skills (and note, you started with the pejoratives first ole bean). I didn't single out any one item for cuts, my primary response was to your usual brain dead cut the military BS. I even posted a link for you showing that indeed the military is being cut, that jake is a fact, this is not a matter of sides or opinion, but you simply refuse to be educated.

Considering that Obama signed the extension, any increase now would be The Obama Increase.

We Republicans will certainly play it as the Obama Increase.

The Democrats will play it as the Republicans' love of the rich and hatred of the average American.

We will find out which plays best this November.

We all know the military is being cut, Trajan, my genius bud. The problem is certainly not enough. And you are still publishing nonsense. Now get to it, and give us some stuff.

Appropriate for the nonsense you put up. Medicare is untouchable, unfortunately. You don't have any facts or evidence to support them.
thats because you lack basic reading comprehension skills (and note, you started with the pejoratives first ole bean). I didn't single out any one item for cuts, my primary response was to your usual brain dead cut the military BS. I even posted a link for you showing that indeed the military is being cut, that jake is a fact, this is not a matter of sides or opinion, but you simply refuse to be educated.

apparently you didn't. put down the pipe.

Forum List

Back