Democrats threaten to go over ‘fiscal cliff’ if GOP fails to raise taxes

^

Dems rooting for the downfall of America.

Wow

Republican policy got the ball rolling. Since Republicans are completely opposed to raising any taxes and actually want to cut taxes further, somebody has to make a stand. It's easy to sell voters tax cuts; I mean who doesn't want a tax cut? But when you see at least 50% of voters supporting a tax increase, something that is not easy to sell, then you really have to ask yourself if you are on the right side of the equation.

The 50% of voters supporting this tax increase are the same 50% of voters that the tax increase will not affect.

BINGO.. They don't want THEIR skin in the game.

^

Wow

Republican policy got the ball rolling. Since Republicans are completely opposed to raising any taxes and actually want to cut taxes further, somebody has to make a stand. It's easy to sell voters tax cuts; I mean who doesn't want a tax cut? But when you see at least 50% of voters supporting a tax increase, something that is not easy to sell, then you really have to ask yourself if you are on the right side of the equation.

I know I'm right. Your system has a 100% Fail Rate.

Democrats are economic Jihadists. They wired themselves up with Failed Keynesian economics, walked out onto Main Street USA and are threatening to hit the detonator

Sure, we need to give even more handouts and giveaways to the rich, that will fix the economy!

They've never worked in the past, have done nothing but tanked the economy, but that's the way to go!

Massive deficits = goooooooooooood That's the brainwashed radical right's view.

What you fail to understand is that you could take 100% of EVERY 'millionaires' money, you could tax the Fortune 500 at 100%, you could even liquidate them.

Just take it ALL.

You'd squeeze just enough out of them to...
1.) Eliminate the deficit

2.) Pay down 1/4 of the debt

3.) Pay the interest on what we've borrowed from China

4.) Operate government for 9 months

I assure you one of these answers is right.

Pick one.

Anyone??

^

Wow

The 50% of voters supporting this tax increase are the same 50% of voters that the tax increase will not affect.

This "increase" will only affect about 3% of the population.

Sure, we need to give even more handouts and giveaways to the rich, that will fix the economy!

They've never worked in the past, have done nothing but tanked the economy, but that's the way to go!

Massive deficits = goooooooooooood That's the brainwashed radical right's view.

What you fail to understand is that you could take 100% of EVERY 'millionaires' money, you could tax the Fortune 500 at 100%, you could even liquidate them.

Just take it ALL.

Pick one.

Anyone??

The answer is 4. and even that is a projection based on no new spending ( current level). Which we all know is never going to happen.

This "increase" will only affect about 3% of the population.

That 3% already pays over 40% of all income taxes, and this increase will do absolutely NOTHING to improve our economy, lower our deficit, create jobs or anything else. It's all smoke and mirrors, as evidenced by the numbers posted in response to your last post in this thread.

It is nothing more than class warfare and wealth envy writ large.

Have you picked one of those 4 answers yet?

There needs to be more tax revenue..........and more govt welfare programs for the people

No need to worry about the national debt, spending or budgetary restraints

Scares you all to death that the Dems could hold the rest of us hostage like the repugs do.
Personally I hope they do it (let all Bush cuts expire) Between my Sch C income and Sch E income, I won't feel a thing. But the rest of you rethugs, evidentally a tax increase of any sort will send you into financial ruin and bankruptcy. Good for you.

Is that about right?

You want the Dems to hold you hostage? What the fuck? How terminally stupid are you?

Just take it ALL.

Pick one.

Anyone??

The answer is 4. and even that is a projection based on no new spending ( current level). Which we all know is never going to happen.

CORRECT!

Which should tell these batshit crazy libs just how deep the hole we're in REALLY is. The ONLY thing that can stave off our financial destruction and future 3rd World status is MASSIVE spending cuts NOW.

Anything less is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

To o many are falling for the mantra perpetuated by this admnistration of "fair share" without ever bothering to do the math, check history or perhaps learn some economics.

Raising the rates ont eh folks who already foot a massive chunk of the bill isn't going to accomplish shit, except for boast the mentality that they are the problem in the first place. Which is incorrect.

Massive deficits are the work of Democrats. The Republicans certain haven't been the ones asking for all the current spending.

It's truly astounding to behold all the myriad ways DemoRATs find to blame their debacles on others.

Show me the last time the GOP trash balanced the budget and ran a surplus,...

Newt Gingrich did it during the Clinton Presidency. Thanks for asking.

Newt didn't do anything but crybaby and act like a 3 year old, thanks for your desperation though

^

Wow

Dems rooting for the downfall of America. Really. So - what was it last year, when everybody was just fine with us missing the final day for the debt ceiling? And then y'all had the unmitigated NERVE to act surprised when our credit rating got downgraded.

Dumbass.

The question that should be asked is will taxing the rich(business makers) hurt or help economic growth. They might raise the price of goods on the lower classes and hurt economic growth.

Time to ask is it GOOD or BAD?

Last edited:

CORRECT!

Which should tell these batshit crazy libs just how deep the hole we're in REALLY is. The ONLY thing that can stave off our financial destruction and future 3rd World status is MASSIVE spending cuts NOW.

Anything less is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Or maybe growing the economy through putting more wealth into it.

Opening up our resources from mining to drilling and getting a hold of a large asteroid. :eusa_shhh: We maybe able to outgrow it?

Last edited:
I'm in favor of kiboshing the Vulture Culture Capitalists hold on this government.

The wealth extractors are doing nothing but stealing from the middle class.

Time to show em the door.

I'm in favor of kiboshing the Vulture Culture Capitalists hold on this government.

So then who will your huckleberry? HAHAHAHA

It is true that we don't want wealth to transfer from middle to rich, but we also don't want to reduce wealth by destroying the rich either??? That would mean a smaller economic pie...What I believe should be done is to grow all classes and increase the size of the pie. Increasing living standards for all.

We're better off as the pie grows.

Forum List

Back