Sell it back to the French!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Nuc, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    The Louisiana Purchase has been something we've gloated about in every history class. Those dumb frogs sold us the whole thing for 1 million dollars!

Now why don't we just circle on a map the parts that are destroyed or in danger of future destruction and sell it back to them? That way the French will have the expense of rebuilding, policing and feeding the refugees.

They get to recoup some of their reputation for one of the stupidest real estate deals in history and we get rid of a festering sore.

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    We got a heck of a lot more land than Louisiana in that purchase. I am sure people all along the Mississippi river would disagree that we should sell it all back. Of course you stated to only sell the damaged goods back. Now that might just be a good idea. I wonder if they'd let us trick them into that....

:cool:

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    The only way I'd agree to that is if it was Cash&Carry... ;)

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Yeah, so explain to me again why we would want to turn one of the most vital ports in the south over to the French? The last thing we need is the French in control of our oil refineries. Gas prices are bad enough without giving more foreign nations control over our supplies.

Besides, we'd be the ones rebuilding anyway. We are the one with all the compassion and businesses.

5. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Maybe the "New New Orleans" and Quebec can unify and have a relationship like the old Pakistan and East Pakistan model. Then North America could be more multi-cultural. Better food, smellier women, that kind of thing.

6. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

Where you rolled by a French Quarter whore or something? Either you are an a$$hole or just ignorant. The Louisiana Purchase amounts to about a 1/3 of the U.S. You are just to stupid for me to attempt to explain things to you. Have fun with your home lobotomy kit.
    :fu2:

7. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Read my post, not the whole purchase, just the stuff that needs rebuilding. Anyway it was somewhat of a joke, so lighten up.

8. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

It’s an ignorant statement. You are talking to someone that is going through what you are watching on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. I’m fine but my neighbor has a big pine tree in his house. I’m curious, where are you located. Where ever you are chances are that the power that you are enjoying came through New Orleans or South Louisiana. When the water goes down and I’m not hearing chain saws working through the night then I will lighten up.

God Bless You and Your Family

Claude V. McCall

9. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I'm in Wisconsin. And if my house is crushed by a gigantic blizzard I won't be surprised, nor will I whine about it.

10. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

Wisconsin....well you guys produce a ton of oil and gas. LOL! I'm not whining you A$$HOLE! I'm working my but off to provide for my family and neighbors. :blowup: