Second Graders in Oakland engage in Oral Sex with teacher and class present

Discussion in 'Education' started by RebeccaChambers, Jan 22, 2011.

1. RebeccaChambers

RebeccaChambers BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This story kind of freaked me out. They're just kids who had no idea what they were doing. At the age of like 6 (2nd grader) they are just shooting blanks and don't know what they are doing. Had it been two 13-18 year olds in class having sex, then it would probably result in a suspension.

This sort of stuff shouldn't start happening until 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Children are asexual (they have no sexuality) until they are 13. Why wasn't the teacher paying attention to his class? These kids are most likely being sexually abused by their parents (or their teacher) and that is why they are playing doctor.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    It's understandable that you'd be distressed, Rebecca. It'd be hard to imagine a more alarming headline. But it does not say the teacher sexually abused the kids...it says the kids were acting out together.

I say be patient, and wait and see if any of this is true, and if so, what actually happened. I find it impossible to believe kids were undressing in front of a teacher and not stopped. It may be nothing but one kid starting a rumor, or a damaged child acting out in the bathroom at school....you just don't know yet.

3. RebeccaChambers

RebeccaChambers BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Why would they report it in the news then?

4. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    It shouldn't be happening in 7th, 8th and 9th grades either.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. RebeccaChambers

RebeccaChambers BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not in the classroom, of course. But two teenagers having consensual sex is perfectly alright. Almost all teens do it anyway, I'm sure you (or most people at your high school) did/do.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,469
    Spoken like a 14 year old. The older (wiser) you get the more you realize how little you can get away with without suffering the consequences.

7. RebeccaChambers

RebeccaChambers BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    How was that spoken like a 14 year old? Let's face it, us adults can't really stop them from having sex anyway, the best we can do is educate them properly on sex. Teach them about condoms, birth control, etc.

It's not the 1600s where you can use a chastity belt on your teens.

8. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I dunno. What paper did you get this from? If it is a responsible news outlet, I still say all you can be certain of so far is that an investigation is underway.

I'm not saying nothing happened....mebbe something did. But as reported, the story strains belief. Can you really imagine any teacher ignoring students acting this way in class?

When I read it, I was reminded of the McMartin case. Hysteria whipped up complaints of child sex abuse in day care centers that reached such epic proportions, any reasonable person would have been able to see they could not be true -- and decades later, after lives were ruined and children were traumatized, we know the accusations were entirely false.

Day care sex abuse hysteria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. RebeccaChambers

RebeccaChambers BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I posted a link...

10. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    O, sorry. I see that now. (New people cannot use this [​IMG] to create a hot link until they have written a dozen or so posts, so I had not noticed.)

Well, I'd say the Associated Press was reliable.....if this turns out to be true, I think I will be just speechless. Where would little kids get such an idea to begin with?