Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent

Yeah, i just don't get why so many continue supporting Communists/Progressives. The only ones who'll profit from this Un-American action, will be Big Government Swamp Creatures.

Sodas are not made with sugar.

Watch the "diet" soda prices go up too.

Libtards have been yelling racism because the tax doesn't apply to diet sodas. Whites are more likely to drink diet soda.

If libtards went such shitheads, they'd welcome lazy, obese nggrs being encouraged to switch to diet soda, to be healthier like white people... ignoring that diet soda doesn't seem to be correlated wight weight control.

wait libtards enacted the tax then they said it was racist because it doesn't cover diet soda........and I bet they blame republicans........

Think most sodas are sweetened with corn syrup, not sugar. IIRC, only Mexican Cokes have real sugar in them. PRobably just another excuse to jack prices up. As another poster stated, watch the prices for diet sodas to go up too.
It's high fructose corn syrup, which is cheaper but dangerous.

Think most sodas are sweetened with corn syrup, not sugar. IIRC, only Mexican Cokes have real sugar in them. PRobably just another excuse to jack prices up. As another poster stated, watch the prices for diet sodas to go up too.

so you're for these regressive taxes?
I'm generally against these "sin" taxes. Fuckers will nickle and dime you to death.

Gatorade uses sucrose, table sugar dufus.

DSwT-GWU0AEaT4o.jpg

They wanted to include them, but got too much of an uproar, so they exempted them and certain other sellers...
Where will all the new revenue go? Seattle officials expect a $15 million boost in the first year. Since this was sold as a health initiative, $2 million of that will expand a city program that gives fruit and vegetable vouchers to low-income families. Of course, only $400,000 will go to actual vouchers; the other $1.6 million stays with the government for “administrative costs.”

Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent.

It’s cute that Seattle Leftards actually expect to collect all that revenue, instead of driving soda shoppers outside of city limits.
/----/ I've watched kids open a bottle of soda and add a packet of sugar to it. And does it apply to Diet soda?

People will just travel to get their soda. If they go on a trip fill their car up.

I used to do the same thing when I lived in NJ with cigarettes. My parents lived in the south. I would fill my car up with cartons. My friends started to give me money and to get them cigarettes too

Forum List

Back