Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent

Pfffffffffffffffft. "Blue state" and "red state" are bullshit concepts created by the WTA system of the Electrical College. You want a civil war, go buy a board game.

And enough of the giant fonts, OK? Your words are no more important than anybody else's. Just makes your posts obnoxious.

No, the "blue state" / "red state" is a creation of the liberal-political-MSM. The Electoral College was created in order to give geographic America an EQUAL voice with the more densely populated areas. That is why we have a representative republic. Pure Democracy Example: 4 men and 1 women. The men all vote to rape the woman without regard to her 'geography.'

Didn't even notice as I don't buy soda but the idea that the state needs to protect me from myself is asinine. There are few things that are more totalitarian than decide what a person can and cannot do with their own bodies and habits.

Didn't even notice as I don't buy soda but the idea that the state needs to protect me from myself is asinine. There are few things that are more totalitarian than decide what a person can and cannot do with their own bodies and habits.
Like pot.

Poor people are such dumbshits, aren't they? They should be in rebellion against the government taxing them to tell them what to eat.

You can't "eat" soda. You can drink it but it has no nutritional value anyway.

Do you smoke? Assuming no, do you care how much cigarettes are taxed?

Dumbshit, aside from drinking counting as part of eating, the tax is to used to buy vouchers for the poor to buy fruits and vegetables.

Anyway, I don't mind federal sweetener and tobacco excise taxes, but not for any reason of controlling what people do, but only to pay medical costs associated with consumption of these substances in our society where taxpayers give the poor, the disabled, and the elderly free medical care.

Pfffffffffffffffft. "Blue state" and "red state" are bullshit concepts created by the WTA system of the Electrical College. You want a civil war, go buy a board game.

And enough of the giant fonts, OK? Your words are no more important than anybody else's. Just makes your posts obnoxious.

No, the "blue state" / "red state" is a creation of the liberal-political-MSM. The Electoral College was created in order to give geographic America an EQUAL voice with the more densely populated areas. That is why we have a representative republic. Pure Democracy Example: 4 men and 1 women. The men all vote to rape the woman without regard to her 'geography.'

Bull SHIT.

I specifically said the WTA system. That's where you have a "batteground" state that can't be predicted which way it will go (like mine) and then election day happens, the vote is counted, one candidate comes out with a narrow victory and that state then saunters into Congress a few weeks later and lies its ass off that "everybody" in the state voted for X and casts its votes UNANIMOUSLY for X.

WTA means "winner take all". That's the system I just described. It creates those artificial "red" and "blue" states, which is a flat BULLSHIT concept that also renders everybody's vote in that state meaningless. And I mean literally everybody. If you live in, let's say, a blue state -- you can go vote for the blue candidate, you can vote for the red candidate, you can vote for a green 3P candidate, or you can stay home and not vote at all. ALL FOUR of those actions produce exactly the same result -- your state is voting blue (or red) and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

THAT is why our national election turnout rate is so abysmal. For the vast majority of people their vote means absolutely nothing. THAT is why candidates don't bother appearing in locked-red or locked-blue states. THAT is why there's such a thing as a "battleground" state where all the attention goes. THAT is why we're so dependent on polls to let us know whether it's even worth getting out of bed that day in our state. THAT is why the Duopoly keeps its stranglehold on the system, because it shuts out any competitive threat to its existence.

And THAT is why "red state", "blue state" and "battleground state" are fucking BULLSHIT concepts. Rump had voters in California and Clinton had votes in Utah. NONE of them counted for jack shit.

And the reason for that is the WTA system. PERIOD.

Where will all the new revenue go? Seattle officials expect a $15 million boost in the first year. Since this was sold as a health initiative, $2 million of that will expand a city program that gives fruit and vegetable vouchers to low-income families. Of course, only $400,000 will go to actual vouchers; the other $1.6 million stays with the government for “administrative costs.”

Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent.

It’s cute that Seattle Leftards actually expect to collect all that revenue, instead of driving soda shoppers outside of city limits.

Sorry....we tried the pop tax here in Chicago......it failed to generate the revenue...since people simply bought their pop out of the city limits.....and since they were at stores outside of the city, they bought everything else there too...since they were there....

Hopefully it cuts down on sugar consumption.
Statists know whats best!
I cant wait until they can finally tell me which toilet paper to buy. I get so confused at the store :/

By the time they get to the point they are telling you what toilet paper you can buy....there won't be any.....just look at Venezuela....of course, there won't be any food either, so the lack of toilet paper is really already solved by that point...

Forum List

Back