Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Where will all the new revenue go? Seattle officials expect a $15 million boost in the first year. Since this was sold as a health initiative, $2 million of that will expand a city program that gives fruit and vegetable vouchers to low-income families. Of course, only $400,000 will go to actual vouchers; the other $1.6 million stays with the government for “administrative costs.”

Seattle Sugar Tax Raises Soda Prices by 75 Percent.

It’s cute that Seattle Leftards actually expect to collect all that revenue, instead of driving soda shoppers outside of city limits.

Poor people are such dumbshits, aren't they? They should be in rebellion against the government taxing them to tell them what to eat.

It’s cute that Seattle Leftards actually expect to collect all that revenue, instead of driving soda shoppers outside of city limits.
For once, you're right, WM.
These fat fucks have a death wish. Too bad we have to pay for their idiocy.

Where will all the new revenue go? Seattle officials expect a $15 million boost in the first year. Since this was sold as a health initiative, $2 million of that will expand a city program that gives fruit and vegetable vouchers to low-income families. Of course, only $400,000 will go to actual vouchers; the other $1.6 million stays with the government for “administrative costs.”

/----/ Folks can order Coke cans online for about $14.00 per case with free delivery of $45. I guess the City fathers never heard of the Internet thingy.
Bulk Sodas & Soft Drinks Delivered to Your Door | Quill.com

I like how they assume soda sales won’t drop thanks to a huge tax increase.

I rarely drink soda myself anymore and try to stay away from sugars, but taxing them? Ridiculous. Leave it to liberals to find a way to tax even more.

Think most sodas are sweetened with corn syrup, not sugar. IIRC, only Mexican Cokes have real sugar in them. PRobably just another excuse to jack prices up. As another poster stated, watch the prices for diet sodas to go up too.

Sodas are not made with sugar.

Watch the "diet" soda prices go up too.

Libtards have been yelling racism because the tax doesn't apply to diet sodas. Whites are more likely to drink diet soda.

If libtards went such shitheads, they'd welcome lazy, obese nggrs being encouraged to switch to diet soda, to be healthier like white people... ignoring that diet soda doesn't seem to be correlated wight weight control.

/----/ I've watched kids open a bottle of soda and add a packet of sugar to it. And does it apply to Diet soda?

Poor people are such dumbshits, aren't they? They should be in rebellion against the government taxing them to tell them what to eat.

You can't "eat" soda. You can drink it but it has no nutritional value anyway.

Do you smoke? Assuming no, do you care how much cigarettes are taxed?

Forum List

Back