Season 5, Game of Thrones

What is L+R=J camp?
Are you sure you're ready? That's delving into some deep, dark nerddom. :badgrin:

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so lay it on me.
Jon Snow = the son of Lyanna Stark..... and.... RHAEGAR TARGARYEN! And Eddard only took him in and lied for the sake of the love he had for his sister!

Which would make him a candidate for one of the 3 dragon riders of Danaery's 3 dragons, which is a whole other thing of course.

But if he's really dead, then who really cares anymore :dunno:

That is AWESOME! I had already thought that Jon would be a great dragon rider for Dany. The black hair and dark eyes rather threw me off the L+R track...I would have expected more Targaryen in his looks.

"The seed is strong"

You mean Jon is really another Baratheon Bastard?

Agreed. It wouldn't even surprise me if they filmed Jon's scenes for next season this year so that nothing leaks about him filming.

I just have a hard time believing that Martin only agreed to let Benioff and Weiss adapt the books because they correctly answered who Jon's parents are, and they've been dropping hints and teasing that reveal for 5 seasons, and then he's permanently dead without us ever finding out.

Sorry, but I'm firmly in the L+R=J camp and he still has a role to play here.

What is L+R=J camp?
Are you sure you're ready? That's delving into some deep, dark nerddom. :badgrin:

Jon Snow = the son of Lyanna Stark..... and.... RHAEGAR TARGARYEN! And Eddard only took him in and lied for the sake of the love he had for his sister!

Which would make him a candidate for one of the 3 dragon riders of Danaery's 3 dragons, which is a whole other thing of course.

Lyanna made him lie b/c John would be a major threat to Robert as well as a contender to the throne.

Also, Robert was just generally into dead Targaryans. Because of Rhaegar. I can only imagine how much he would've loved to kill Rhaegar's son.

Can we all just take a moment here to realize that if Bran Stark hadn't been a little shit and listened to his mother, and NOT climbed the damn wall in like the 2nd chapter, everybody would be alive right now? :rofl:

And if ToTo hadn't bitten Miss Gulch, there would have been no trip to the land of Oz.

That is AWESOME! I had already thought that Jon would be a great dragon rider for Dany. The black hair and dark eyes rather threw me off the L+R track...I would have expected more Targaryen in his looks.

"The seed is strong"

Targaryan/Stark bastard. And the series IS called "A Song of Ice & Fire".

"The seed is strong"

Also, I just meant it as the darker traits won out. Like the darker Baratheon traits always did.

Problem is....the books are not on the series. They have wandered down some weird path and now Jon is dead. So who are the other two dragon riders? Oh. Wait. I know.
Theon and Olly.

"The seed is strong"

Targaryan/Stark bastard. And the series IS called "A Song of Ice & Fire".

I'd believe the L+R more if Jon had white hair - but that would be a giant tell.

Problem is....the books are not on the series. They have wandered down some weird path and now Jon is dead. So who are the other two dragon riders? Oh. Wait. I know.
Theon and Olly.

Jon gets stabbed in the books.

Theon and Olly.

I would like to see Arya be a dragon rider. The original triad was one male and two females. Dany can't have children, so they need a "breeding" female - not that Arya would necessarily want that.

And Sansa does not marry Ramsey..some other chick does. So no telling what the series is gonna do.

I wonder what will happen with Ghost now. :(

And Sansa does not marry Ramsey..some other chick does. So no telling what the series is gonna do.

I wonder what will happen with Ghost now. :(

Brienne didn't kill Stannis in the books. And Aemon Targaryen didn't die at Castle Black...and Marcella wasn't killed either (her ear was cut off instead).

So its anyones guess what season 6 will be.
There are a lot of pissed off fans out there. They better keep that in mind.

Fuck GRRM for not finishing the books.

I think Martin is getting a boner about it all. Which is why he keeps fucking off.

Martin has written a lot more than just this series, has he been writing other stuff since the last book came out?

As long as he lives long enough to finish the series, I'm content to wait. I've already been through the decades long run of a series in Wheel of Time, and Jordan didn't even finish that himself.

How can anyone not love Arya? Maybe it's because I read the books before watching the show, but she is my favorite character. She is very easy to root for in the books. She'll probably die in the next one. :lol:

I like that Martin is willing to kill of main characters. It adds a suspense that normally doesn't exist. In most fiction, particularly a long series like this, you know a very short time in that certain characters cannot be killed. That's not the case with these books/this show. No one, except perhaps Dany (because she may be necessary to defeat the walkers), is immune.

I wonder if Jon Snow will take the place of Catelyn Stark? The show decided to cut out that entire storyline, maybe Jon will have a similar role if they do keep him. Then again, Kit Harrington has been doing other things and if there's no contract, he's probably just dead.

Director confirms that Jon Snow is dead. No new contract for actor:

Game of Thrones Director Jon Snow Is Dead - Us Weekly

8 years of reading 5 books, and 5 years of watching 5 seasons... fuck you George R.R. Martin. That is the last straw. I hereby wash my hands of your filth. I'm gonna go re-read Harry Potter now.

:crybaby:

I believe this is all an elaborate ruse and I really don't think he is dead. I could be wrong but I really hope I am right.

I think Martin bite off more then he could chew with books and doesn't know how to wrap it up though.
I agree. I also read an article the Jon Snowe is getting a raise for season 6.

I'm now 2 episodes into season 5. I'm rarely impressed by a TV series like I have been with this one. It's become another "Boardwalk Empire" "Sons of Anarchy" type of show for me.....I guess maybe binge-watching 42 episodes in a matter of days doesn't make me the normal viewer. The magnitude of the series is almost beyond belief....it has to be one of the most expensive enterprises ever undertaken....the acting is often overwhelmed with the visual impact of the scenery and settings. So anyway, I can't read the rest of the comments yet until I finish season 5, which should be by the end of the week.
thtv2.gif

Forum List

Back