Searching for America's starving children

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?

One out of five live beneath the poverty line is what is the fact.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

Starvation is not a problem in this country, but malnutrition is. Public schools should (and many do) provide free breakfast and lunch to neglected children. I don't like welfare dependency but, in the absence of forced sterilization, what are we going to do about their shitty parents?

I thought Americans had a weight problem but now we are underfed? I'm so f'n confused.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

To
Starvation is not a problem in this country, but malnutrition is. Public schools should (and many do) provide free breakfast and lunch to neglected children. I don't like welfare dependency but, in the absence of forced sterilization, what are we going to do about their shitty parents?

The whole argument of malnutrition is nothing more than an elitist attempt to tell Americans what to eat. Americans are suffer from malnutrition because for centuries mom fed her kids peanutbutter and jelly. That was fine for many generations. How do I know that? More people died from polio than peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.

That ain't good enough because some "expert" inherently thinks that mom doesn't know shit about raising kids. She doesn't have a degree in dietary science so naturally she doesn't know shit about what to feed her own kids. I think if these people had the power they would regulate what mom happens to feed her kids. In the meantime experts are the fattest pigs on the face of the planet.

What do we do about shitty parents? Nuke them of course! We can't have shitty pArents running around. Should we sterilize welfare recipients? And you accuse conservatives of hating the poor.

PB&J would be an improvement for a lot of kids. Some grow up not knowing how to use eating utensils. Then they start having their own children...

This is a false statement: "The whole argument of malnutrition is nothing more than an elitist attempt to tell Americans what to eat."

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
They are not hard to find. Many areas of the country have poor neighborhoods, unemployed parents, disabled parents, and very little to eat. Have you ever heard of the people that live in the Appalachian Mountains? A little research will reveal poor and depressed areas all across this nation. You may not see them with your own eyes, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Also, entire families are homeless, living in tent cities, and some even eating out of trash cans. It wasn't that long ago that many food pantries had empty shelves. Have you even seen the crowds that gather when churches hand out donated food? Have you even seen little kids panhandling outside grocery stores? Have you ever heard of community food drives that gather can goods for needy families? Have you ever heard of kids getting their only meals during the day while at school?

Believe me, the poor do exist, and their numbers are growing as we speak. A little research may open your eyes to the poverty in this country.

This is a false statement: "The whole argument of malnutrition is nothing more than an elitist attempt to tell Americans what to eat."

It's one thing to think that parents don't know how to raise there kids but it is quite another to use whatever power they have to make other people conform to your standard. What if experts just issued there statements but left it at that? Does that actually ever happen?

164155-168801.jpg

They are not hard to find. Many areas of the country have poor neighborhoods, unemployed parents, disabled parents, and very little to eat. Have you ever heard of the people that live in the Appalachian Mountains? A little research will reveal poor and depressed areas all across this nation. You may not see them with your own eyes, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Also, entire families are homeless, living in tent cities, and some even eating out of trash cans. It wasn't that long ago that many food pantries had empty shelves. Have you even seen the crowds that gather when churches hand out donated food? Have you even seen little kids panhandling outside grocery stores? Have you ever heard of community food drives that gather can goods for needy families? Have you ever heard of kids getting their only meals during the day while at school?

Believe me, the poor do exist, and their numbers are growing as we speak. A little research may open your eyes to the poverty in this country.

The poor have been growing ever since Obama took office.

I thought Americans had a weight problem but now we are underfed? I'm so f'n confused.

You're being an asshole is what you are. Try visiting OR CONTRIBUTING to a food bank.
I have. I have fed the homeless and watched them dropping off their booze at the bushes in the front then leave angry because we dint serve them food they liked.

There is not a food problem in this nation - we are gluttonous not starving. That is why they have to change terms from hungry to 'food insecure' because the entire concept is so asinine that it is laughable.

What we DO have is a sloth problem in this nation. Rather than cook your child a real meal you stop at McDonalds and get them a sad meal. Or buy little pre-packaged microwavable servings of mac and cheese. You don't fix lazy with a free breakfast at school either - that essentially does nothing.

Only in America will the government demand that there is a hunger problem while telling you that the obesity epidemic is one of the greatest dangers we face. It is asinine.

It appears that the one lying here is - you.

You are lying by saying that Feeding America is saying that children are starving- but of course they don't.

U.S. Hunger Relief Charity Feeding America

1 in 6 people struggle to get enough to eat. Learn about our neighbors in need and how they get by.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunge...ger-in-america/hia-2014-executive-summary.pdf

What I wonder- is why you are so outraged that an organization tries to get food to America's poor?

What we DO have is a sloth problem in this nation. Rather than cook your child a real meal you stop at McDonalds and get them a sad meal. Or buy little pre-packaged microwavable servings of mac and cheese. You don't fix lazy with a free breakfast at school either - that essentially does nothing.

It does feed a child who may not otherwise get a breakfast- or even a healthy meal that day.

Look at the program that the OP attacked- feeding America- it works with food banks working with volunteers and faith based organizations to distribute food- not Happy Meals- to people who are food insecure.

I really don't understand why someone is against helping poor people get access to food- especially better food.

It does feed a child who may not otherwise get a breakfast- or even a healthy meal that day.

Look at the program that the OP attacked- feeding America- it works with food banks working with volunteers and faith based organizations to distribute food- not Happy Meals- to people who are food insecure.

I really don't understand why someone is against helping poor people get access to food- especially better food.

164155-168801.jpg

I'm not talking about poor people, I'm talking about starving children. The OP is rhetorical of course. The claim isn't based on any complex studies, but rather that 50 million Americans are on food stamps so 20% of children MUST be starving. It only underscores the fact that 50 million Americans are on food stamps. They aren't starving.

And speaking of rhetoric, you got quite a bit going yourself. Though the 1980's Appalachian crisis was the last time we had a genuine case of Americans starving, swift and effective action was taken and the problem was resolved. Permanently. Appalachian communities receive USDA food shipments as well as Indian reservations. I know. I make those deliveries.

So where are these starving children? If they're so numerous (1 out of 5!) then I should be tripping over them.

Is this not yet another Leftist myth?

It appears that the one lying here is - you.

You are lying by saying that Feeding America is saying that children are starving- but of course they don't.

U.S. Hunger Relief Charity Feeding America

1 in 6 people struggle to get enough to eat. Learn about our neighbors in need and how they get by.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunge...ger-in-america/hia-2014-executive-summary.pdf

What I wonder- is why you are so outraged that an organization tries to get food to America's poor?
Why did you just prove I was right and still call me a liar? That's quite a feat!

"Food insecure"

"Faces hunger"

"At risk of hunger"

"Climate change"

When Leftists know that Americans aren't buying their bullshit, they modify the labels. People know that there is no global warming and that Americans aren't starving, so creative editing repackages the same lie and the same agenda.

You're being an asshole is what you are. Try visiting OR CONTRIBUTING to a food bank.
I have. I have fed the homeless and watched them dropping off their booze at the bushes in the front then leave angry because we dint serve them food they liked.

There is not a food problem in this nation - we are gluttonous not starving. That is why they have to change terms from hungry to 'food insecure' because the entire concept is so asinine that it is laughable.

Only in America will the government demand that there is a hunger problem while telling you that the obesity epidemic is one of the greatest dangers we face. It is asinine.
The thing that pisses me off about this agenda is it's a hideous slander on the country I love. America doesn't let 20% of its children go hungry, or any of them. Private and government organizations work together to bring food and necessary items to those who need it in abundance. That's the American way. The Left yet again displays their hatred of America with this lie.

No child is starving in America.....Period!
You are a very foolish person if you believe that emphatically. We read about children being starved in America, either being forgotten by the system or abused by the parents.

Forum List

Back