Searching for America's starving children

saintmichael, we said 1 out of 5 was suffering from hunger and malnutrition, and that the charts indicated as many as 3,400 starved each year.

Not hard. I am glad you agree now.

saintmichael, we said 1 out of 5 was suffering from hunger and malnutrition, and that the charts indicated as many as 3,400 starved each year.

Not hard. I am glad you agree now.
You know those are synonyms, don't you?
I am glad you are agreeing. I can hunger today and not be suffering from malnutrition. In fact, I am hungry. Off to shell some walnuts.

I am an addiction counselor and have put in many hours into several homes for pregnant women, women with children, and men, who by the way went to the soup kitchen daily with their children before they were excepted into the programs..

We get them off the street, clean and sorber to have a better life with their children. Some relapse, and the children are taken away.
You have No idea what your talking about, it has a lot to do with the children.

As I said, those who are homeless are engaged in substance abuse, you even acknowledged it. Those who are on the street with children get them taken away pretty quickly - you know this.

1 in 5 children going hungry is a direct lie - you know this as well. 1 in 2000 is probably closer to the truth - and those because the authorities haven't caught up with substance abusing parents.

Actually most of the homeless on the streets are mentally ill and yes many are addicted or self medicating. The mentally ill funds have been cut to the bone and basically you have to be suicidal to even get in and be assessed.

There are family camps all over the place, that get busted and they find another place.

http://homeless.samhsa.gov/ResourceFiles/hrc_factsheet.pdf

I live in the city, more and more are becoming homeless due to the cost of living here in the Dot Com area of facebook, google, ect.

They may be getting food but not the kind of food that makes a healthy body. ( Not junk food like your picture)
In the long run we will be paying for their illnesses from eating the cheap crap.

Forum List

Back