Searching for America's starving children

You're being an asshole is what you are. Try visiting OR CONTRIBUTING to a food bank.
I have. I have fed the homeless and watched them dropping off their booze at the bushes in the front then leave angry because we dint serve them food they liked.

There is not a food problem in this nation - we are gluttonous not starving. That is why they have to change terms from hungry to 'food insecure' because the entire concept is so asinine that it is laughable.

What we DO have is a sloth problem in this nation. Rather than cook your child a real meal you stop at McDonalds and get them a sad meal. Or buy little pre-packaged microwavable servings of mac and cheese. You don't fix lazy with a free breakfast at school either - that essentially does nothing.

Only in America will the government demand that there is a hunger problem while telling you that the obesity epidemic is one of the greatest dangers we face. It is asinine.
The thing that pisses me off about this agenda is it's a hideous slander on the country I love. America doesn't let 20% of its children go hungry, or any of them. Private and government organizations work together to bring food and necessary items to those who need it in abundance. That's the American way. The Left yet again displays their hatred of America with this lie.

So.....because you are pissed off- you lie in the OP- and then you attack one of the very organizations that is 'working together' to bring food to those who need it.

How very 'Conservative' of you.
I support my local food bank.

Do you?

a) Yes- and I work there several times a month and
b)
So.....because you are pissed off- you lie in the OP- and then you attack one of the very organizations that is 'working together' to bring food to those who need it.

How very 'Conservative' of you.
I'm glad you contribute. Good for you. I mean it.

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats.

That's because the would be employees don't want to get robbed or shot.

Are One In Five American Children Hungry - Forbes
And only one tenth of one percent of families reported that “children did not eat for a whole day.” These findings do not suggest, to say the least, an epidemic of childhood hunger. The USDA’s most direct measures yield a childhood hunger rate between one and two in a hundred, not one in five.

So- only 81,353 families are reporting that their children did not eat for a whole day.

For Conservatives- that is not a problem- just an excuse to attack groups that want to help the hungry.

One out of five live beneath the poverty line is what is the fact.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

So the Great Society programs have obviously been a failure. Probably time we stop wasting our money on them.
They haven't always been a failure. The starvation in the Appalachias 30 years ago was a time when our country saw genuine need and government and charities worked together to address it. It's why I hate this Leftist lie that somehow America neglects 16 million children. That's not who we are.

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
Child Hunger Poverty Fact Sheet Feeding America

San Diego Hunger Coalition

States where the most children go hungry

For Republicans it's not enough to see studies. They want to see children suffering. They want the kids crying from hunger. Then they will tell the mother it's her fault for having a kids she can't take care of.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

So the Great Society programs have obviously been a failure. Probably time we stop wasting our money on them.
No, not at all. The programs aren't a failure. The programs are trying hard to keep pace with the failures in this once great nation. Should I list the failures for you? We should stop wasting our money on the care and support of illegal immigrants, building mosques on foreign soil, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, foreign aid, excessive military spending, no-bid government contracts, pork spending, paying bribes to North Korea and Iran, fraud and corruption associated with Medicare and Medicaid, lavish vacations for Mrs. Obama and the girls, ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, excessive government travel, exploring the far reaches of the universe, and studying the sex habits of beetles.

Without the GS, the percentages would be much higher.

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?

For Republicans it's not enough to see studies. They want to see children suffering. They want the kids crying from hunger. Then they will tell the mother it's her fault for having a kids she can't take care of.
Wow, a lot of people saying the same lie. Where are those starving children? Because I'm told that if I go to a school and into a classroom of 30 kids, I should find 6 of them who go hungry. Are there 6 kids in every classroom that are starving?

164155-168801.jpg

You're right. I want to see children suffering as you claim. Where are they?

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats.

That's because the would be employees don't want to get robbed or shot.
And there it is! Yet another idiotic comment from yet another Conservative douchebag. Consistency is the hallmark of a true champion. That's what my high school football coach told us 40 years ago after our second state championship. Those, I thought, were words to live by, until I started posting on line with Conservatives. Consistency, as it turns out, at least in intellectual pursuits, is the hallmark of stunted thinking.

164155-168801.jpg

Wow, a lot of people saying the same lie. Where are those starving children? Because I'm told that if I go to a school and into a classroom of 30 kids, I should find 6 of them who go hungry. Are there 6 kids in every classroom that are starving?
You don't really understand how the science of Statistics works, do you?

Of course no child is literally starving, thanks to food stamps and government assistance ;)
Regardless, malnutrition is a real problem.
Bad parenting, not a failure of America.
The typical right wing response.
Ignoring personal responsibility is the typical left wing response. It's parents' responsibility to feed their children correctly, not government's.
Of course it's a parent's responsibility, but socio-economic conditions make it necessary, in many cases, for the government to help, with programs such as food stamps.

Forum List

Back