Scott Brown won't support Paul Ryan's healthcare bill.

I think more and more blue-state Republicans are going to slowly back away from Ryan's fix for Medicare and talk about other alternatives once the poll numbers start solidifying. If Democrats have their shit together they'll do everything they can to drive that wedge through the party.

• Banned
Excerpt:

“Our country is on an unsustainable fiscal path. But I do not think it requires us to change Medicare as we know it,” Brown wrote, borrowing a phase from Democratic critics of the plan. “We can work inside of Medicare to make it more solvent.”

Brown is the latest GOP moderate to take a stand against Ryan’s budget, which aims to cut $5.8 trillion in federal spending over 10 years. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine has already said she’d vote against it.

Both senators are up for election next year.

• Banned
I think more and more blue-state Republicans are going to slowly back away from Ryan's fix for Medicare and talk about other alternatives once the poll numbers start solidifying. If Democrats have their shit together they'll do everything they can to drive that wedge through the party.

When have the democrats ever had their shit together?

• Banned
I'm glad he changed his mind. He was starting to come across as a rightwingloon.

He's not a rightwingloon, but he has shown IMO that he's a lot more in the pocket of big business than I previously surmised. I like him a lot less than I did a few months ago, but I still might vote for him again. Depends on who the dems put up against him.

And neither will Pawlenty, Romney, Bachmann, or even Palin. But the wingnuts will only get pizzed off at Newt about it.

• Banned
Brownie...still doing a heckuva job

He lost a lot of credibility with me when he voted no (for cloture) last week to end the filibuster against the bill to eliminate billions in oil company subsidies. I mean really, companies generating record, multi-billion dollar profits don't need government handouts.

And neither will Pawlenty, Romney, Bachmann, or even Palin. But the wingnuts will only get pizzed off at Newt about it.

I'm thinking maybe TPTB in the GOP don't want Newt running, he's old blood and has a lot of baggage... so that was a convenient way to put cement boots on his campaign.

Brown first said he'd vote for it. Then he said he meant he'd vote on it. Now he's said he'll vote against it.

Forum List

Back