Utah is a terroist state

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Utah legislators want to see the dollar regain its former glory, back to the days when one could literally bank on it being "as good as gold."To make that point, they've turned it around, and made gold as good as cash. Utah became the first state in the country this month to legalize gold and silver coins as currency.
The Associated Press: Gold, silver coins to be legal currency in Utah

I can only assume Anne M. Tompkins will push for these legislators' prosecution for this 'unique form of domestic terrorism' and trying to undermine the legitimate currency of this country.

So, now you wingnuts want the economy limited to the amount of gold we have. A whole lot of people should prepare to starve.

Using the available information, at $2,000 per ounce, there is approximately $10 trillion dollars worth of gold on the planet. The US economy's annual production is more than that. Utah is just the latest GOP example of 'stupid'.

• Banned
More states that just Utah have similiar legislation pending.
Will all the legislators who vote yea be joining von Nothaus in prison?

Nawwww........... the law will simply be ruled unconstitutional. States don't make monetary policy, the feds do.
Oh?

The Constitution said:
No State shall...coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts...

And what did they do? They made gold and silver tender in payments of debts, which COTUS explicitly say they may do by declaring them the only things they may declare legal tender.

Care to try again?

Will all the legislators who vote yea be joining von Nothaus in prison?

Nawwww........... the law will simply be ruled unconstitutional. States don't make monetary policy, the feds do.
Oh?

The Constitution said:
No State shall...coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts...

And what did they do? They made gold and silver tender in payments of debts, which COTUS explicitly say they may do by declaring them the only things they may declare legal tender.

Care to try again?

You are aware of what a bill of credit is, right?

Last edited:
Oh?

The Constitution said:

Care to try again?

Bill of credit is a phrase from Article One, Section 10, Clause One of the United States Constitution. It refers to a document similar to a banknote that is issued by a government and designed to circulate as money. Because the framers of the Constitution sought to limit the issuance of currency, it explicitly prohibits the states from issuing bills of credit. British colonies in North America would issue bills of credit in order to deal with financial crises, although doing so repeatedly would result in inflation. The documents would circulate as if they were currency, and colonial governments would accept them as payment for debts like taxes. They were not always considered legal tender for private debts.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Bill_of_credit

Your point?

Oh?

The Constitution said:

Care to try again?

You are aware what literacy is right? It's that skill that allows you to read exceptions, like the one in Article 1 Section 10 which explicitely allows states to use gold and silver coins as tender in payment of debts.

Oh?

Care to try again?

You are aware what literacy is right? It's that skill that allows you to read exceptions, like the one in Article 1 Section 10 which explicitely allows states to use gold and silver coins as tender in payment of debts.
Beowolfe is about as literate as his namesake.

Utah legislators want to see the dollar regain its former glory, back to the days when one could literally bank on it being "as good as gold."To make that point, they've turned it around, and made gold as good as cash. Utah became the first state in the country this month to legalize gold and silver coins as currency.

I can only assume Anne M. Tompkins will push for these legislators' prosecution for this 'unique form of domestic terrorism' and trying to undermine the legitimate currency of this country.

Meaning what, exactly?

That the state of Utah will accept silver or gold coins to pay state debts?

At what RATE? Certainly not on face value.

My guess will be they will based the rate on the spot price?

I read the article and frankly it didn't really make much sense.

It read to me more like some private firm hopes to create credit cards based on their silver and gold asets

HUH?

I'm curious to know how they intend on making currency with silver and gold. Both metals are worth so much more than dollars. Plus the value fluxuates so much too.

In that case, was my grandma, who switched me with a willow twig for repeating naughty words a terrorist?

She certainly made me think before speaking to other people using taboo speech, and my little leg welts healed in less than 6 hours.

I still remembered the sting, however, and decided not to get any more switchings for that.

I don't think Utah is a terrorist state. They're not out to kill, they're not out to ruin, and they're wanting a return to certainty in the money market.

Even in a stretch of the imagination, Utah is simply not a terrorist state to reasonable Americans.

Using the available information, at $2,000 per ounce, there is approximately $10 trillion dollars worth of gold on the planet. The US economy's annual production is more than that. Utah is just the latest GOP example of 'stupid'.

Using what "available information" exactly? Link?

Stupidest thread title ever.

Oh?

The Constitution said:

Care to try again?

That would be an IOU, just like what California uses when it runs out of money.

Forum List

Back