Scott Brown (R-MA) Introduces legislation to prohibit congress from insider trading

Do You Support Scott Brown's (R-MA) Bill

• Yes

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good for him. It'll never see the light of day, but good for him none the less.

It will if you quit being a goddamned defeatist bed wetter. Write your congressman. get off your ass and do some work for this instead of being a fucking pansy.
I'm sick and tired of seeing this kind of shit from Americans.

Obama says if Harry Reid sends him Scott Brown's bill he will sign it, we just needed to get Reid to find it in the stack of 40 or so stalled republican bills he has on his desk....

Harry Reid, king of the do nothing senate!

"I think we've set a legislative speed record," Brown said in a statement Thursday evening. "I thank President Obama for supporting my legislation and Leader Reid for granting my request for a vote.

but AFTER Elizabeth Warren announced she was running against him.

yes?

thanks.

So...

you've gone from 'he did it because she was kicking his butt'...

and downgraded it to 'he did it because she was running against him'.

yes?

thanks.

actually, i rephased based upon new information.

it might be helpful to you to learn to do that to, though i know it's anathema to rightwingnuts.

i was also pointing out that pretending it had nothing to do with elizabeth warren's campaign is a lie.

so there ya go.

Ummmm, he talked about it before he won 'Kennedy's' seat. :eusa_angel: So how is that connected to Warren's campaign?

It will if you quit being a goddamned defeatist bed wetter. Write your congressman. get off your ass and do some work for this instead of being a fucking pansy.
I'm sick and tired of seeing this kind of shit from Americans.

Obama says if Harry Reid sends him Scott Brown's bill he will sign it, we just needed to get Reid to find it in the stack of 40 or so stalled republican bills he has on his desk....

Harry Reid, king of the do nothing senate!

"I think we've set a legislative speed record," Brown said in a statement Thursday evening. "I thank President Obama for supporting my legislation and Leader Reid for granting my request for a vote.

Like I said all we needed was to get reid to find it in his stack.......brown asked the president about it after the state of the union and all of a sudden reid decides to send it forward........the do nothing senate tried to hold it up.

but AFTER Elizabeth Warren announced she was running against him.

yes?

thanks.

So...

yes?

thanks.

it might be helpful to you to learn to do that to, though i know it's anathema to rightwingnuts.

i was also pointing out that pretending it had nothing to do with elizabeth warren's campaign is a lie.

so there ya go.

so, your contention is the ONLY reason Scott Brown introduced his bill, was because someone was running against him for his office?

wow, you forgot to mention that gillibrand also co-authored the bill, as the revised STOCK act is a compromise of the bills introduced by brown and gillibrand, merged by the committee.

Since the report and public outcry, several politicians, including Brown and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., whose revisions were merged as a compromise by the committee, have taken interest in the issue and the bill, which now has 232 co-sponsors.

do you see what my link says? Co-authored is right in it :lmao: don't be a hack :lmao:

jebus, you are falling all over yourself trying to monopolize this bill for brown, and you call me a hack.

co-authored is right in it, and the co-authors would be mentioned by you, instead of only brown, if you were interested in non-hackery.

So...

yes?

thanks.

so there ya go.

Ummmm, he talked about it before he won 'Kennedy's' seat. :eusa_angel: So how is that connected to Warren's campaign?

I told you already he is a psychic....thats how he convinced my state to give the murdering kennedy's seat to him ;)

So...

yes?

thanks.

so there ya go.

Liberal reasoning:
he was psychic. He knew eventually someone would run against him, and decided to start taking proactive steps to look like he gave a rats ass and save his job, which was obviously already in jeopardy, him being a Republican and all.

so there ya go.

I told you already he is a psychic....thats how he convinced my state to give the murdering kennedy's seat to him ;)

Ohhh, I thought it was because the people of Mass got pissed at their seat being branded 'Kennedy's' seat. My bad. :lol:

Ummm, I'm very much behind this piece of legislation.

However, how are you calling it "Scott Brown's Bill"?

As per the WSJ:

The legislation taken up in the Senate is a combination of similar bills written by Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) and Sen. Scott Brown (R., Mass.).

Are you just conveniently deleting the efforts of my Senator from the equation because she's a Democrat? She's been working hard on that bill since day 1.

Also, there was already a House version of the bill that was even more restrictive in many ways. What about credit for them? The author of that particular piece of proposed legislation was Louise Slaughter (D., NY).

Scott Brown has been quite helpful in drafting the legislation, and that is laudable, to be sure. But it is far from "Scott Brown's Bill".

As per the WSJ:

The legislation taken up in the Senate is a combination of similar bills written by Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) and Sen. Scott Brown (R., Mass.).

Are you just conveniently deleting the efforts of my Senator from the equation because she's a Democrat? She's been working hard on that bill since day 1.

Also, there was already a House version of the bill that was even more restrictive in many ways. What about credit for them? The author of that particular piece of proposed legislation was Louise Slaughter (D., NY).

Scott Brown has been quite helpful in drafting the legislation, and that is laudable, to be sure. But it is far from "Scott Brown's Bill".

yep.

and it is stopped in the house, by cantor and co.

and pilgrim whines about reid.

As per the WSJ:

yep.

pp actrually used to have things of value to say.

sad.

Yep.

Though, to be fair, Cantor has vowed to make a more restrictive version of the bill.

He just wants the Republicans to be able to take credit for it I guess.

Or he's just talking a load of crap to gain points before the election, only to shelve the whole thing in December.

As per the WSJ:

yep.

pp actrually used to have things of value to say.

sad.

pilgrim is still a good egg in my book.

and that is rare, as i despise 99% of the usmb posters. maggots, i say.

Yep.

Though, to be fair, Cantor has vowed to make a more restrictive version of the bill.

Or he's just talking a load of crap to gain points before the election, only to shelve the whole thing in December.

i only read about punting from cantor.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) indefinitely postponed the markup session on Dec. 7, 2011, stating that "a large group of bipartisan members of the committee felt the legislation was flawed and being recklessly moved solely in response to media pressure. Members of both sides of the aisle wanted more time to gather information and develop appropriate alternatives.” Congressman Walter Jones (R-NC) described Cantor’s move as "absolutely unacceptable” and "petty,” while Congresswoman Louise Slaughter (D-NY) stated that "last week we passed a bill worth hundreds of billions of dollars with less than a two day layover and no one knew what was in it. This bill has been around for six years.”

Yep.

From what I've read, some seem to think that there are loopholes in the current version of the bill. Seeing how the board poll shows that we are all in favor of restricting the politicians insider trading habits, let's get it right....no loopholes. I don't care who takes credit on a good bipartisan bill. Of course, that's just me....

Scott Brown takes credit for work of others? Why am I surprised. This legislation has been bouncing around the halls of congress a long time before Scott came in. And how long was he in before he proposed piggy backing on this?

What a fraud

Go Senator Brown! This bill...

This bill is old :eusa_shhh:

and it took the Main Stream Media (liberals?) to highlight this for the American people.

LOL
______

Last edited:

Forum List

Back