Scientific Study of Religion

What does that even have to do with the article?
Everything. Do you need a detailed explanation or can you follow the conversation?

Detail it, thank you.
Did did you actually read the OP?

"There are plenty who would relish any data that support the idea that God is all in the mind. But Korenberg and Anderson aren't looking for how people come to believe in a supernatural being. They want to know what happens once they do believe."

Yes they are doing a study on returned mormon missonaries brains while in a prayer state and they are comparing results to those they have already studied from other faiths for example Jewish religion, etc.

They are trying to see if there are differences in the brain in religions and they are also trying to see if there is a genetic explanation for the differences of the brain during prayer or meditation states.

I am not sure how that had anything to do with blacks inhabiting the earth for multiple millennium.

How does that have anything o do with what the article said?
That was in response to Dante. Black people have known about this for multiple millennium.

"you're people? what possible connections could you possibly have to them except maybe a water downed blood line ?"

You might like this article, although it's somewhat off topic (sorry Dante)

Scientists have long known that humans originated in Africa, but now a groundbreaking DNA study has revealed our 'Garden of Eden' is likely to be on the South African-Namibian border.

For it is the San people, hunter-gatherers in this area for thousands of years, who researchers now believe are the oldest human population on Earth.

They are descended from the earliest human ancestors from which all other groups of Africans stem and, in turn, to the people who left the continent to populate other corners of the planet.

Meet the ancestors DNA study pinpoints Namibia as home to the world s most ancient race Daily Mail Online

Everything. Do you need a detailed explanation or can you follow the conversation?

Detail it, thank you.

"There are plenty who would relish any data that support the idea that God is all in the mind. But Korenberg and Anderson aren't looking for how people come to believe in a supernatural being. They want to know what happens once they do believe."

Yes they are doing a study on returned mormon missonaries brains while in a prayer state and they are comparing results to those they have already studied from other faiths for example Jewish religion, etc.

They are trying to see if there are differences in the brain in religions and they are also trying to see if there is a genetic explanation for the differences of the brain during prayer or meditation states.

I am not sure how that had anything to do with blacks inhabiting the earth for multiple millennium.

That was in response to Dante. Black people have known about this for multiple millennium.

"you're people? what possible connections could you possibly have to them except maybe a water downed blood line ?"

You might like this article, although it's somewhat off topic (sorry Dante)

Scientists have long known that humans originated in Africa, but now a groundbreaking DNA study has revealed our 'Garden of Eden' is likely to be on the South African-Namibian border.

For it is the San people, hunter-gatherers in this area for thousands of years, who researchers now believe are the oldest human population on Earth.

They are descended from the earliest human ancestors from which all other groups of Africans stem and, in turn, to the people who left the continent to populate other corners of the planet.

Meet the ancestors DNA study pinpoints Namibia as home to the world s most ancient race Daily Mail Online
Yes. I know about this already. Thank you though. They are the creators of the first known religion which is about 75K-100K years old. Its not the biblical garden of eden but it is the scientific one.

Edit

I forgot about this but they dont even have the oldest DNA so scratch the last sentence.

Human Y chromosome much older than previously thought -- ScienceDaily

"The discovery and analysis of an extremely rare African American Y chromosome push back the time of the most recent common ancestor for the Y chromosome lineage tree to 338,000 years ago. This time predates the age of the oldest known anatomically modern human fossils."

Last edited:
I noticed that the word gene is being used by some posters where the word allele should have been used. Genes and alleles are not interchangeable. For example SLC24A5 gene is responsible for color but it is the mutation in its A111T allele which is responsible for appearance of light skin color that all of a sudden started to appear among Indo-Europeans.

This whole thing is a lot more complex than what I can sum up tonight for I am tired and going to bed. I have posted about it in past in detail. I will see if I can find that thread(s).
that's just the point -- it's much, much more complicated than the Asclepias types of the world imagine it is -- for they imagine they know wtf they are talking about. They use science to try and push politics and ideology and religion and other nonsense

:clap2:

do you actually know anything about genetics? and ways of thinking evolve too. you're not living centuries ago

give it up
I dont use words I dont know the meaning of. Evidently you dont know what genetics is. Ways of thinking evolve but some ways are time tested and remain true no matter what. Blacks inhabited this earth for multiple millennium,and learned this easy to understand concept.

Detail it, thank you.

Captain obvious states what is in the OP

Detail it, thank you.

:cuckoo: hijacking of a thread

I noticed that the word gene is being used by some posters where the word allele should have been used. Genes and alleles are not interchangeable. For example SLC24A5 gene is responsible for color but it is the mutation in its A111T allele which is responsible for appearance of light skin color that all of a sudden started to appear among Indo-Europeans.

This whole thing is a lot more complex than what I can sum up tonight for I am tired and going to bed. I have posted about it in past in detail. I will see if I can find that thread(s).
that's just the point -- it's much, much more complicated than the Asclepias types of the world imagine it is -- for they imagine they know wtf they are talking about. They use science to try and push politics and ideology and religion and other nonsense

I think Asclepias is right in saying that black skin color is the normal function of SLC24A5. The light skin is a result of mutated A111T allele. Anyway, it is time for me to hit the bed again.

I think Asclepias is right in saying that black skin color is the normal function of SLC24A5. The light skin is a result of mutated A111T allele. Anyway, it is time for me to hit the bed again.

that is not what IT was saying or even trying to say.

sleep tight

PLOS Genetics The Light Skin Allele of SLC24A5 in South Asians and Europeans Shares Identity by Descent

SLC24A5 - solute carrier family 24 sodium potassium calcium exchanger member 5 - Genetics Home Reference

Molecular genetics of human pigmentation diversity

kin pigmentation is one of the most variable phenotypic traits in humans. A non-synonymous substitution (rs1426654) in the third exon of SLC24A5 accounts for lighter skin in Europeans but not in East Asians.

In the science of genetics NOTHING is as simple as we all think.

Rs1426654 - SNPedia

A study of a single variant allele rs1426654 of the pigmentation-... - PubMed - NCBI

Reference SNP refSNP Cluster Report rs1426654 With Pathogenic allele

Last edited:

Asclepias mentioned neanderthals and blue eyes and other racial nonsense.

Asclepias is as weird as those African American Jailbirds who claim to be the lost tribe of Israel and the only true Jews.

:laugh2:

sleep tight

PLOS Genetics The Light Skin Allele of SLC24A5 in South Asians and Europeans Shares Identity by Descent

SLC24A5 - solute carrier family 24 sodium potassium calcium exchanger member 5 - Genetics Home Reference

kin pigmentation is one of the most variable phenotypic traits in humans. A non-synonymous substitution (rs1426654) in the third exon of SLC24A5 accounts for lighter skin in Europeans but not in East Asians.

Rs1426654 - SNPedia

A study of a single variant allele rs1426654 of the pigmentation-... - PubMed - NCBI

Actually that was what I was saying. Prior to that you took exception at the term "my people" as if I could not claim them. Why that bothered you enough to derail your own thread I dont know. Typical of white male insecurity? Too bad you dont dictate what I claim.

Asclepias is as weird as those African American Jailbirds who claim to be the lost tribe of Israel and the only true Jews.

I didnt mention anything. I posted a link showing you that white skin was a new mutation relatively. I have no idea if African Americans are a lost tribe of Hebrews but I do know the original Hebrews were Black.

sleep tight

Rs1426654 - SNPedia

Actually that was what I was saying. Prior to that you took exception at the term "my people" as if I could not claim them. Why that bothered you enough to derail your own thread I dont know. Typical of white male insecurity? Too bad you dont dictate what I claim.

there you go again with 'my people' when discussion the dna/genes of the human race

I didnt mention anything. I posted a link showing you that white skin was a new mutation relatively. I have no idea if African Americans are a lost tribe of Hebrews but I do know the original Hebrews were Black.

know this? How? DNA? Black as Africans? and you keep misrepresenting what it is you've claimed and posted, but the links are back in the thread to prove you at best you're a fool and at worst a liar

sleep tight

Rs1426654 - SNPedia

there you go again with 'my people' when discussion the dna/genes of the human race
If I share the majority or all of my genes with "my people" then they are "my people".

know this? How? DNA? Black as Africans? and you keep misrepresenting what it is you've claimed and posted, but the links are back in the thread to prove you at best you're a fool and at worst a liar
Yes I know that the Hebrews were orginally Black. Matter of fact they still have a tribe in what you call Africa that is more Jewish than Jewish people. Yes DNA. Yes Black. Africa is a word made up by white Romans.

do you actually know anything about genetics? and ways of thinking evolve too. you're not living centuries ago

give it up
I dont use words I dont know the meaning of. Evidently you dont know what genetics is. Ways of thinking evolve but some ways are time tested and remain true no matter what. Blacks inhabited this earth for multiple millennium,and learned this easy to understand concept.

there is no race gene. Look it up

next
Who said there was a race gene?
your poor attempt at sophistry will get you nowhere. You have continually implied a racial gene applied to the color of one's skin. Blacks did not inhabit the Earth millennium ago. Human beings and their cousins did. People today do not look like our ancestors.

Though you may think portraying yourself as one or two generations removed from swinging in the tress makes you special -- it does, just not in the way your silly mind imagines it does.

go back to school
That seems to be your problem. You see implications where no one made any. Stop assuming and ask if you cant figure it out. Sorry but Black people inhabited the earth long before whites came about. Thats science. Look it up son.
humans with darker skin -- not black people

poor attempts at sophistry hidden behind a flood of inane posts

there is no race gene. Look it up

next
Who said there was a race gene?
your poor attempt at sophistry will get you nowhere. You have continually implied a racial gene applied to the color of one's skin. Blacks did not inhabit the Earth millennium ago. Human beings and their cousins did. People today do not look like our ancestors.

Though you may think portraying yourself as one or two generations removed from swinging in the tress makes you special -- it does, just not in the way your silly mind imagines it does.

go back to school
That seems to be your problem. You see implications where no one made any. Stop assuming and ask if you cant figure it out. Sorry but Black people inhabited the earth long before whites came about. Thats science. Look it up son.
humans with darker skin -- not black people

poor attempts at sophistry hidden behind a flood of inane posts
Humans with darker skin are Black people. So are some light skinned people.

Forum List

Back